Banter RDT 165 - A Remorseless Eating Machine kthnx xoxoxo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of poetry for a moment, who here has a favourite poem or poet?

T.S. Eliot's 'The Waste Land' is by far my favourite poem. If anyone ever reads my match previews (and I think only Ochre does) I always put a few references in there.

But I also really like 'The Masque of Anarchy' by P.B. Shelley
That Simpsons episode one. Yeah, that one.

Big day of gardening today. Ffs hate it

Bad day for it....I just spent an hour loading rose clippings on my ute, am now sweating like Quinz on a mildly hot day

s**t house day for it. I attempted to rectify some broken and buried sprinklers in my front lawn (faces East, so morning sun).

I lasted about half an hour and packed it in. Will have to try again tonight.

Have even less patience for it when it's a rental and I'm just chasing my tail fixing lazy s**t from people before me.

sh*t house day for it. I attempted to rectify some broken and buried sprinklers in my front lawn (faces East, so morning sun).

Have even less patience for it when it's a rental and I'm just chasing my tail fixing lazy sh*t from people before me.
Is it technically your problem to fix the retic in a rental?

sh*t house day for it. I attempted to rectify some broken and buried sprinklers in my front lawn (faces East, so morning sun).

Have even less patience for it when it's a rental and I'm just chasing my tail fixing lazy sh*t from people before me.
I got no choice. Todays my last free weekend untill next year

Norf will pay a premium for them then

inb4 don't make me tap the sign

Speaking of poetry for a moment, who here has a favourite poem or poet?

T.S. Eliot's 'The Waste Land' is by far my favourite poem. If anyone ever reads my match previews (and I think only Ochre does) I always put a few references in there.

But I also really like 'The Masque of Anarchy' by P.B. Shelley

Studied The Waste Land in High School. Don't remember much of it now, but remember enjoying it. Will have to re-read.

The Raven, Do not go gentle into that good night and Ozymandias are favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it technically your problem to fix the retic in a rental?

Probably not, but at least one of the sprinklers has snapped off at the head and I don't know what or who is the culprit. Seems like it's not worth the s**t fight. The others are buried below strong grass growth, which is maybe my fault for taking really good care of the lawn and bringing it back from the dead, but if someone spent a few bucks and put collars on the sprinklers we wouldn't be in this mess.

I still can't find at least two of the sprinklers. I'm going on the grid they should be on to find them but because one sprinkler is snapped off I think it's creating a low pressure system for water to piss out so the others aren't getting sufficient pressure to pop up or leak adequately for me to pinpoint moisture in the grass.

Basically, fml.

Oh and the oven died on Monday, followed by dishwasher days later. So the owner is up to his eyeballs fixing s**t as it is.

Probably not, but at least one of the sprinklers has snapped off at the head and I don't know what or who is the culprit. Seems like it's not worth the sh*t fight. The others are buried below strong grass growth, which is maybe my fault for taking really good care of the lawn and bringing it back from the dead, but if someone spent a few bucks and put collars on the sprinklers we wouldn't be in this mess.

I still can't find at least two of the sprinklers. I'm going on the grid they should be on to find them but because one sprinkler is snapped off I think it's creating a low pressure system for water to piss out so the others aren't getting sufficient pressure to pop up or leak adequately for me to pinpoint moisture in the grass.

Basically, fml.

Oh and the oven died on Monday, followed by dishwasher days later. So the owner is up to his eyeballs fixing sh*t as it is.
Yeah no real easy way to find them other than an educated guess based on where they should be.
You could block the other sprinklers off (pain in the ass and time consuming) to see if that makes enough pressure for water from the broken one to become more obvious.
Or if you've got a lot of people handy get them to push down on the sprinklers that are working so they don't pop-up, should stop enough of the water to get more pressure to the broken one.

Studied The Waste Land in High School. Don't remember much of it now, but remember enjoying it. Will have to re-read.

The Raven, Do not go gentle into that good night and Ozymandias are favourites.

Ozymandias is fine but I'm more of a Dr Manhattan fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back