AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bayern Munich

Attachments

• 56699696-5C96-47A9-9191-C15D4024D97A.jpeg
    56699696-5C96-47A9-9191-C15D4024D97A.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 408
Not sure if this is the right place for this but on FoxFooty on Monday night from 9:30-11:30pm, there is a show called Fox Footy Legends: Carey.
The description says: 1996 R17 North Melbourne v Melbourne: Relive the best games and magic moments from the stars of our great game.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I remember an interview with Laidley (might even have been the Groucho Marx one) where she described Stevo as her best mate. Their wives were close apparently, and they spent lot of time together.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I do recall one stinking wet and cold day at the G against carlton. We sat down a few rows from the fence, and when it started to rain everybody except for one dickhead moved back to be under cover. I was in a shitty mood as Carlton were kicking North's arse and I sat alone, in the rain like a drowned water rat for the whole game. Almost every goal kicked by Carlton ended with an image of a lone north supporter looking extremely pissed off flashing up on the scoreboard. That's why I laughed that other night when the ******* thing caught fire and burned down. Served it blood right.

1995 at the G; Sunday afternoon?

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I remember an interview with Laidley (might even have been the Groucho Marx one) where she described Stevo as her best mate. Their wives were close apparently, and they spent lot of time together.
Yes saw them both at a Pub in Collingwood around 2000. Stevo was in for a quick chat but didn’t get to Laids.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1995 at the G; Sunday afternoon?
Possibly. Sounds about the era although it was southern stand. I recall the 95 final against Carlton we had to be in the northern stand so maybe my rainy day was a bit before then.

I do remember having to strip off my wet clothes in the car park and wrap up in the travel rug on the back seat of my father in law’s car for the trip home. That was as humiliating as the s**t loss to Carlton.

I feel that I can let myself love and be loved now instead of selfsabotaging
Danielle Laidley’s amazing first fashion shoot and exclusive interview, only in VWeekend, in tomorrow’s Saturday Herald

Attachments

• 00CEB880-BE82-4684-BD0C-3C8072FA18D6.jpeg
    00CEB880-BE82-4684-BD0C-3C8072FA18D6.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 192
Hun's take on our draft.

No.1 pick Horne-Francis will play Round 1 next year – if fit -– as “a generational midfielder”. On night two, the Kangaroos added variety with composed mid Josh Goater (a lifelong North Melbourne fan), forward Paul Curtis, versatile flanker Miller Bergman and father-son defender Jackson Archer.

Glenn McFarlane verdict: Strap yourselves in, Kangaroos fans, this is going to be some sort of ride. In a decade or so, we might look back on this draft as a key moment in the club’s quest for that elusive fifth flag.

Hun's take on our draft.

No.1 pick Horne-Francis will play Round 1 next year – if fit -– as “a generational midfielder”. On night two, the Kangaroos added variety with composed mid Josh Goater (a lifelong North Melbourne fan), forward Paul Curtis, versatile flanker Miller Bergman and father-son defender Jackson Archer.

Glenn McFarlane verdict: Strap yourselves in, Kangaroos fans, this is going to be some sort of ride. In a decade or so, we might look back on this draft as a key moment in the club’s quest for that elusive fifth flag.
Fifth, sixth and seventh.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
See we are now included in the big meetings with Gill , we are now relevant
View attachment 1288613

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think one of the cricket clubs in Perth has started paying their players in bitcoin as their sponsor is a crypto agency. Guess it makes sense that that's the way the AFL is going. Just seems like a bunch of mumbo jumbo to be where if everyone agrees it has value then it has value. Good way for rich people to waste their money

I think one of the cricket clubs in Perth has started paying their players in bitcoin as their sponsor is a crypto agency. Guess it makes sense that that's the way the AFL is going. Just seems like a bunch of mumbo jumbo to be where if everyone agrees it has value then it has value. Good way for rich people to waste their money
This is how money works tho.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Perth Heat, who play in the Australian Baseball League.

It remains to be seen how many, if any, actually get paid in Bitcoin, though.

Most of their players still work full time, and their payment from baseball is largely a per diem. Given those facts, would you be interested in receiving payment in something that can lose 10-20% of its value literally overnight?

NFTs in sports is another question, though. The big issue when NBA Top Shots first came to prominence was why would someone pay thousands of dollars for a highlight you can just watch on YouTube anyway? But the AFL has always been more strict on copyright infringements so this is right down their alley.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Given those facts, would you be interested in receiving payment in something that can lose 10-20% of its value literally overnight?

given its a pretty volotile currency providing you transferred it to dollars as you get paid the difference fer the long term would be negligible, iam assuming they get the amount in bitcoin calculated at the time their payroll is calculated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back