Welcome Welcome to Richmond Pick 17 - Tom Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Being a Geelong based person it's important to understand that Geelong are the biggest draft tampering side in the AFL when it comes to local talent. In fact it's ridiculous they have not come under scrutiny. So just keep this is mind when rating this choice.
Are you saying he was laying low trying to get to Shitty Hollow's pick and is even better than he looks?

Or that he's a sheep-shagging meth head?

The Geelong factory continues to produce gold for us….

Gareth Andrew, Dizzy Lynch, Paul Sarah, Andy Preston, Graeme Landy, Taylor Hunt, now Tom Brown….

Still, @rseholes stole Trevor Poole and Brad Ottens off us. And even more notably, the first pre-eminent exponent of the sport, H.C.A. Harrison in the 1860’s.

We did palm Rex Hunt off onto them though. Thanks mugz. 😂😂😂
I think Graeme Richmond went to Geelong Grammar too. That trumps everything. Esp Taylor Swift Hunt

Being a Geelong based person it's important to understand that Geelong are the biggest draft tampering side in the AFL when it comes to local talent. In fact it's ridiculous they have not come under scrutiny. So just keep this is mind when rating this choice.
I’ve always thought it a bit more then a coincidence how many local players they pick up

I think Graeme Richmond went to Geelong Grammar too. That trumps everything. Esp Taylor Swift Hunt

He did, and Octa Wilson. There was that great quote Wilson related where he said Jack Dyer told them when they started making decisions at Tigerland in the 60’s: “listen, I hope you two private school NTTAWWTters are not going to stuff up my football club.”

Dyer should never have made such an unsound statement of course. He should have said “I hope you two private school LGBTI+ non binary types don’t stuff up my football club.” 😂

Last edited:

Gareth Andrew, Dizzy Lynch, Paul Sarah, Andy Preston, Graeme Landy, Taylor Hunt, now Tom Brown….

Still, @rseholes stole Trevor Poole and Brad Ottens off us. And even more notably, the first pre-eminent exponent of the sport, H.C.A. Harrison in the 1860’s.

Don't forget stealing Foley from under them.

Ottens couldn't get out of the joint fast enough

His Oldman was on the radio this morning and was over the moon the Tiges picked him.
He's mates with Liam Pickering who's Tom's manager and said the swans were keen, hence the Swans scramble for the next pick after the Tiges picked him.

84 Cats games so no father son.

Said Tom's booked into tatt parlour today all day as he's looking forward to playing with Dusty... lol.

[
I reckon the Cats won that trade mate- with Big Rex

1974 Brownlow Medal Result/Votes

1ST Keith Greig ( Nth M) 27 Votes
2nd Gary Hardeman (Melb ) 23 Votes
3rd Kevin Bartlett ( Rich ) 22 Votes
4th Gary Dempsey ( Foot) Leigh Mathews ( Haw ) both 19 Votes
5th Rex Hunt ( Geel/Rich) Francis Bourke both 15 votes

Tied with " Saint Francis " in 5th position for a Brownlow - we have got a lousy finals record against you - no question - but Big Rex was a winner for us - hah

I reckon the Cats won that trade mate- with Big Rex

1974 Brownlow Medal Result/Votes

1ST Keith Greig ( Nth M) 27 Votes
2nd Gary Hardeman (Melb ) 23 Votes
3rd Kevin Bartlett ( Rich ) 22 Votes
4th Gary Dempsey ( Foot) Leigh Mathews ( Haw ) both 19 Votes
5th Rex Hunt ( Geel/Rich) Francis Bourke both 15 votes

Tied with " Saint Francis " in 5th position for a Brownlow - we have got a lousy finals record against you - no question - but Big Rex was a winner for us - hah

Nicely pointed out GOB, I bow to your beautifully observed post. 😁

I notice however, you omitted to mention the other party involved in that little transaction…..a certain Gareth Eliot Tremayne Andrews, 1974 Richmond Premiership player, later Richmond FC Football Manager and then CEO.

And so it was classic win/win. Cats got what they crave and love, an attention seeking vote grabber(sound “Dangerously" familiar?) Tigers got what we crave and love, another premiership footballer, and good clubman. 😍

I found this part of Andrews’ Wikipedia profile quite enjoyable to read:

"After he returned he played two and a half more seasons with Geelong before crossing to Richmond during 1974. This allowed him to finally play in a premiership, being a member of Richmond's 1974 Grand Final winning team.

Damn. 😂😂

Last edited:
Nicely pointed out GOB, I bow to your beautifully observed post. 😁

I notice however, you omitted to mention the other party involved in that little transaction…..a certain Gareth Eliot Tremayne Andrews, 1974 Richmond Premiership player, later Richmond FC Football Manager and then CEO.

And so it was classic win/win. Cats got what they crave and love, an attention seeking vote grabber(sound “Dangerously" familiar?) Tigers got what we crave and love, another premiership footballer, and good clubman. 😍

I found this part of Andrews’ Wikipedia profile quite enjoyable to read:

"After he returned he played two and a half more seasons with Geelong before crossing to Richmond during 1974. This allowed him to finally play in a premiership, being a member of Richmond's 1974 Grand Final winning team.

Damn. 😂😂
Rex Hunt was a very good player too. 200 games is a solid career. His radio work was even better. Not sure what he was like as a cop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rex Hunt was a very good player too. 200 games is a solid career. His radio work was even better. Not sure what he was like as a cop.

I guess commentary is a matter of taste Tora. Commentators whose commentary is more about themselves than the game do not appeal to my taste. Also seen some rubbish interviews of Hunt in regard to his personal life that did zero to improve my esteem for him. As for what he did to the quiet contemplative past-time that is fishing…my TV is now infinitely safer from having my foot put through it now he does not appear upon its screen. 😁

I guess commentary is a matter of taste Tora. Commentators whose commentary is more about themselves than the game do not appeal to my taste. Also seen some rubbish interviews of Hunt in regard to his personal life that did zero to improve my esteem for him. As for what he did to the quiet contemplative past-time that is fishing…my TV is now infinitely safer from having my foot put through it now he does not appear upon its screen. 😁

Yibbida yibbida

No accounting for taste. Hunt was on radio so I chose to listen to it. I've been out of Melbourne a long time so its TV broadcasts only.. which I have to mute. I ain't into fishing at all. Qn: Rex Hunt? Paddy Dangerfield or Merv Hughes? Ans: None of the above.
Apropos of nothing....can't see Brown making a senior debut in 22.

Interesting to note that he was a forward up until this year.

He’s got great attributes. Good kick, good in the air and looked good defensively. Got speed too. And he’s competitive. He’s going to be a good player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back