Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - JOSIAH KYLE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Love how all our recruits seem to live for fend offs and broken ankles :hearteyes: Zebs should make for some very entertaining watching

The opposition are already bulk buying and stockpiling...

1637911841363.png

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda
Great Story...just sad that Matty PARKER is at the Tiges instead of us!....but thats old news..still you just love what he's doing!

I know nothing about this kid...other than his link to Matty Parker...and I like Matty. So welcome aboard Josiah Kyle.

I love his name. Sounds like a Wild West preacher.

Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
I love his name. Sounds like a Wild West preacher.

I was thinking along those lines myself...one of those lone ranger/preacher types tortured by a brutal past, whom has learnt from and knows the ways of the Indians and understands the land on which he treads. He chews peyote upon a full moon whilst coyotes nuzzle around him gaining insight as to what he must do, before practicing the way of justice and retribution for 'dem sinners that once crossed his path.

The PRIEST they called him (I know it's a William Burroughs thing...but it can be apt here too)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello all, Just wanted to say you’ve got an absolute ripper here. If you guys can get him to play a little more team orientated, without harming his flair, look out. Off the charts athletically, kid can seriously play.
Congrats.
What do u know about him Benga

Aug 15, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
Huge leap, seriously agile, and equally as selfish. Runs rings around opponents but ultimately tries to bite off a bit too much.
Seems like he has the tools to put on some serious forward pressure as well if he pushes himself.

Would be great to have a Kozi Pickett type dynamic in our forward line. Butler was that for a little bit but, yeah

Huge leap, seriously agile, and equally as selfish. Runs rings around opponents but ultimately tries to bite off a bit too much.

do you think he will make it Benga ? out of the NGAs would they be the best? probably not Peris

In all my years of picking talent I’ve found it much easier to dial someone down than dial them up...
People have moaned for years that our list was too Vanilla , at least now we have some kids with a bit of spunk ,

Benga

Team Captain
Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
do you think he will make it Benga ? out of the NGAs would they be the best? probably not Peris
Is more than talented enough. Easily. It’s between the ears with him, and I don’t know him personally, but strikes me as someone who has gotten by off of his talent. That doesn’t cut it at Afl level, and as previously mentioned, suffers from ‘football hubris’.
If I had to bet, I’d say a combination of good coaching and maturity will iron this out. But it’s no guarantee.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Is more than talented enough. Easily. It’s between the ears with him, and I don’t know him personally, but strikes me as someone who has gotten by off of his talent. That doesn’t cut it at Afl level, and as previously mentioned, suffers from ‘football hubris’.
If I had to bet, I’d say a combination of good coaching and maturity will iron this out. But it’s no guarantee.
Like everyone I've been looking for highlights for Kyle but can't find a thing. But I did find this article where his coach said

"He probably has the most talent on our list; he just needs to put it together more consistently,” Cox said. He has some traits that are just unbelievable."

“I think in a full-time system, he will definitely develop.”

Now given that the list he was talking about included Mac Andrew (pick 5) Connor McDonald (Pick 26) Judson Clark (Pick 30) and Miller Bergman (Pick 38) clearly the kid has a lot of potential.

Over to the coaching staff!!!

Edit - forgot the link to the article

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back