Competitions All Time Draft - Vote For The Best Team

Who Has The Best Team

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pick 78
Was really hoping Shai would fall to this pick, so I'll have to select the next on my list in the centre.

With Pick 78, the PB74s select one of the fastest players I've even seen... Michael Mitchell

michael-mitchell-of-the-richmond-tigers-looks-on-during-the-round-17-picture-id97333289

PB74's team
B: xxxxxxxxx D.Gaspar N.Vlastuin
HB: C.Newman xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
C: xxxxxxxxx M.Mitchell xxxxxxxx
HF: xxxxxxxxx B.Gale K.Lambert
F: xxxxxxxxx M.Roach xxxxxxxx
FOL: I.Maric xxxxxxxx D.Weightman
IC: xx xx xx xx

_RT_ you're up

About time too...what a legend!!!

He was a joy to watch... I was at the practice match against the Kangas at Bayswater Oval when Mick Martyn KO'd him, happened right in front of me, was pretty much the end of his career unfortunately. 16yo me was ready to jump the fence for revenge!! haha

Was really hoping Shai would fall to this pick, so I'll have to select the next on my list in the centre.

With Pick 78, the PB74s select one of the fastest players I've even seen... Michael Mitchell

michael-mitchell-of-the-richmond-tigers-looks-on-during-the-round-17-picture-id97333289

PB74's team
B: xxxxxxxxx D.Gaspar N.Vlastuin
HB: C.Newman xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
C: xxxxxxxxx M.Mitchell xxxxxxxx
HF: xxxxxxxxx B.Gale K.Lambert
F: xxxxxxxxx M.Roach xxxxxxxx
FOL: I.Maric xxxxxxxx D.Weightman

_RT_ you're up

Kind of expected _RT_ to take him from under my nose too...... he'll probably take the other one I have short-listed and send me back to the drawing board.......

Kind of expected _RT_ to take him from under my nose too...... he'll probably take the other one I have short-listed and send me back to the drawing board.......

I have another who I reckon will be gone before my next pick... think we might be after the same guy

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Brian Taylor 191cm 102kg 43 games 156 goals

No denying that Taylor was a talented forward when recruited by Richmond as a 16 year old in 1978, and he finally made his debut in 1980. He struggled to make an impact early on having to compete with Roach for the FF spot. In 1982 he kicked 71 goals from 15 games with bags of 10, 8 & 2 x 7 goals. In his final year with Richmond he kicked another 61 goals from 16 games, proving that he had the talent to be a success as a key forward, but after growing frustrated with playing second fiddle to Roach he requested a trade to the Pies at the end of the 1984 season.

B: Branton xxxxxx xxxxxxx
HB: Keane xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
C: Bourke xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
HF: xxxxxxx Ottens xxxxxxx
F: Harris Taylor xxxxxx
R: Morris Dyer xxxxxx
INT: xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx

peterbuch74
Obviously there isn’t a no dickhead policy in place 😂

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Better than Ben Lennon & Ben Nason at least - but yeah Cousins played what, a season. Didn't mind Ben Holland 98 to 2001, but he seemed a distracted soul once Adelaide came knocking - should have gone in hindsight but went to the Demons instead a few years later.

Thursday, 3 April 2008
Ben Holland launches a Supreme Court writ against Richmond and former Tigers' president Clinton Casey over alleged unpaid payments totalling over $500,000 based on a three-year contract he signed with Richmond in 2001.
Holland claims he gave up a lucrative offer to join the Crows to stay with the Tigers who offered a deal worth half a million dollars less, but who had then promised him other incentives such as land, property, shares and employment opportunities.
Holland says the promised incentives were never fulfilled by Richmond and is now suing them for the difference between the contract he gave up with the Crows and that which he signed with the Tigers.
Tigers CEO Steven Wright says he is surprised that Holland has raised this issue after believing the matter had long been settled.
"We were surprised to hear about this recently, we thought the matter had gone away a long time ago," Wright said.

Wednesday, 8 April 2009
Former Richmond president Clinton Casey has been given just weeks to settle claims by high profile Tiger players.
Richmond stars Nathan Brown, Matthew Richardson and Kane Johnson are asking for a minimum of $300,000 from Casey with the threat of taking him to court if their demands are not met.
Casey, and Richmond, only recently settled out of court a dispute involving another ex-player, Ben Holland.
Holland gained the confidential settlement, believed to be more than $100,000, after lodging documents with the Supreme Court seeking $530,000 from business and investment opportunities that he claimed were not delivered.
It is really a sad history the Casey period where we were so desperate to get players to come to us or to stay that we had to offer other incentives such as land, property, shares, employment opportunities and bus loads of virgins.

It is really a sad history the Casey period where we were so desperate to get players to come to us or to stay that we had to offer other incentives such as land, property, shares, employment opportunities and bus loads of virgins.
Hahaha, and even then poor young Benny Holland struggled to get his hands on all that, just like the ball!

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
I can't read the name Ben Holland without hearing my uncle implore, "RUN, Holland! RUN!!!"

I can't read the name Ben Holland without hearing my uncle implore, "RUN, Holland! RUN!!!"

Must have given up some of his brain for his big toes - bit harsh I'm guessing but he wasn't the best with game plans I'm told which is why he played OK at Melbourne down back.

Pick 79
Mark Coughlan

Coughlan is one of the 'what might have been' types that had it not been for some dodgy diagnosis down in Tasmania when he had tweaked a knee and then slipped in the shower and did the same knee again. Before injuries struck Coughlan had managed to win a Jack Dyer Medal in just his 3rd season.

Phar Ace is up

Last edited:
Picks 81 & 82
Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Pick 81 - Bruce Monteath. 118 games, 198 goals. 1 Michael Roach medal and 1980 premiership captain. A steal.
Pick 82 - Mike Patterson. 152 games, 72 goals. 1967 premiership player and 2 time reserves BnF winner.

B:..XX...........A.Kellaway..........K.Sheedy
HB:XX.............A.Rance...........XX
C:..XX.............G.Raines..........XX
HF:B.Monteath...D.Cloke..........XX
FF:XX.............J.Riewoldt.........XX
R:M.Patterson....S.Tuck......Rowlings
I/C:XX....XX....XX....XX

Phar Ace is up if you want to PM him richoatthedisco

Last edited:
Pick 83
Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Pick 81 - Bruce Monteath. 118 games, 198 goals. 1 Michael Roach medal and 1980 premiership captain. A steal.
Pick 82 - Mike Patterson. 152 games, 72 goals. 1967 premiership player and 2 time reserves BnF winner.

B:..XX...........A.Kellaway..........K.Sheedy
HB:XX.............A.Rance...........XX
C:..XX.............G.Raines..........XX
HF:B.Monteath...D.Cloke..........XX
FF:XX.............J.Riewoldt.........XX
R:M.Patterson....S.Tuck......Rowlings
I/C:XX....XX....XX....XX

Phar Ace is up if you want to PM him richoatthedisco
Bugger, I wanted both those guys!

Phar Ace takes Stuey Maxfield.

_RT_ back to you.

Pick 84
Pick 84 Robbie 'Bones' McGhie

1638165173426.png

B: Branton xxxxxx xxxxxxx
HB: Keane McGhie xxxxxxx
C: Bourke Coughlan xxxxxxx
HF: xxxxxxx Ottens xxxxxxx
F: Harris Taylor xxxxxx
R: Morris Dyer xxxxxx
INT: xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx

Last edited:
Phar Ace is offline so he PMd me his pick:

PICK80 - Des Rowe

tiger_tough you up

Thanks RATD - appreciate your help and sorry to take one of your intended's.

1638169156553.png
Des Rowe became acknowledged as one of the finest half backs in the VFL. A regular Big V representative, he earned All Australian selection at the 1956 Perth carnival. Utterly dependable and self-assured, he rarely lowered his colours, and was one of the most respected players at his club, a fact emphasised when he was made captain in 1952.

Rowe skippered Richmond for his last six seasons in league football but never had the satisfaction of leading his side onto the MCG during finals time. Indeed, the highest position the Tigers managed during Rowe's entire career with them was fifth in 1954.

Des Rowe played a total of 175 VFL games, and was a dual winner of Richmond's best and fairest award. He served as non-playing coach of the club between 1961 and 1963, but once again was unable to procure the satisfaction of finals participation. 40 years later he was a worthy inclusion in Richmond's official 'Team of the Century'.

Des ROWE was a cracker really, and stunning he lasted until now.

B: xxxxxxx F.Swift xxxxxxx
HB: D.Rowe D Astbury xxxxxxx
C: xxxxxxx M Rioli Snr xxxx
HF: xxxxxxx P.Guinane xxxxxxx
F: xxxxxxx J.Titus xxxxxxx
FOL: M.Green T.Free R.Dean

Phar Ace takes Pick 83 - Stuey Maxfield.

_RT_ back to you.

Again thanks RATD. Stuey on the Wing - what a speed demon.

1638170469938.png
Whilst 1992 was technically his 3rd season, he was still eligible for the Rising Star having only played 7 games previously. It was stellar season and it took him 9 seasons to get close to those numbers again (and he played an extra game in 2001 to do it)
1638169975385.png

1638169917999.png

1638170064431.png

RICHMOND SENIORS
Seasons:
1990-95
Total Games: 89
Total Goals: 65

B: xxxxxxx F.Swift xxxxxxx
HB: D.Rowe D Astbury xxxxxxx
C: S.Maxfield M Rioli Snr xxxx
HF: xxxxxxx P.Guinane xxxxxxx