Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know why but one of my favourite characters of all time is brick top from Snatch. Dead set horrible prick but he has the best lines delivered in the film with arguably the best dialogue. I use it whenever I get a chance.

"You're on thin f***ing ice my pedigree chums, and I shall be under it when it breaks. Now, f*** off."

Such a great character.

West Coast’s Tom Barrass is set to sign a mega six-year deal to stay at the Eagles’ in the face of strong interest from the Sydney Swans.

Barrass’s manager Nick Gieschen, from Connors Sports, is in the final stages of a deal which will tie the gun key defender and star free agent to West Coast until 2028.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
West Coast’s Tom Barrass is set to sign a mega six-year deal to stay at the Eagles’ in the face of strong interest from the Sydney Swans.

Barrass’s manager Nick Gieschen, from Connors Sports, is in the final stages of a deal which will tie the gun key defender and star free agent to West Coast until 2028.
Interesting. WC are quickly approaching the point where they need to rebuild, if theyre not there already, and Barass would have been someone who could have netted them some significant draft capital.

Interesting. WC are quickly approaching the point where they need to rebuild, if theyre not there already, and Barass would have been someone who could have netted them some significant draft capital.
Being contracted doesn't stop you from being traded. Does mean you can turn down a trade, but if Sydney come knocking they can all still agree to a trade.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Weird that in a league where huge contract lengths never work out that WC would give a player 6 years.
Must be on average money.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looks like :watercloset: had planned to draft Stewie Dew or someone similar size

1637805810631.png

franjon

Premiership Player
Oct 27, 2004
Altona
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
No sh*t.

I genuinely don't even understand the rationale for them asking. Players retire all the time for various reasons, since when does the league hand out picks for ANY of them?
It's the "We're Carlton" mentality. It's an old mentality, but what they fail to understand, is that nobody gives a s**t anymore other than them.

Don’t know why but one of my favourite characters of all time is brick top from Snatch. Dead set horrible prick but he has the best lines delivered in the film with arguably the best dialogue. I use it whenever I get a chance.

Can you roll out the Cockney accent too?

Putting this here, because surely it couldn't be one of our draftees:

Draft prospect tests positive for banned substance
A draft hopeful has allegedly tested positive for a banned stimulant, putting his playing future in doubt.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Putting this here, because surely it couldn't be one of our draftees:

Draft prospect tests positive for banned substance
A draft hopeful has allegedly tested positive for a banned stimulant, putting his playing future in doubt.

It's a beat up.

A bloke that trained at Freo last pre season got done. Think he's a mature age WAFL player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back