Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Ned Long Pick 5, 2021 Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

"Watching him beat up a very very average Gippsland Power team doesn't fill me with confidence."

Where exactly is the intention to dismiss the opinions of everyone else? It's a stand alone post, that's clearly his opinion.

Agree, J2S.

I don't know LukeHodge15's posting history, but he certainly shouldn't be shot down because he expressed reservations about one of our draftees. It's not like he put a line through him.

Tbh, I wasn't filled with the same confidence with Jai Serong's highlights as I was with the rest of our draftees - it's a wait and see game really, isn't it?

Ah yes!
The Ablett and Chappelli brothers, pure athletic dna gold running though those veins.
Has there ever been as good a set of brothers - incredibly TRIOS - as those two in sports?
Krakouer bros maybe?
Definitely! They all had that DNA gold in them. It wasn't enough for Gaz snr so he put other stuff in his veins.
Not brothers but Tiwi Island Riolis have something special too.

Agree, J2S.

I don't know LukeHodge15's posting history, but he certainly shouldn't be shot down because he expressed reservations about one of our draftees. It's not like he put a line through him.

Tbh, I wasn't filled with the same confidence with Jai Serong's highlights as I was with the rest of our draftees - it's a wait and see game really, isn't it?
The gripe with that comment is what the * else is he supposed to do in that situation? He beat up a s**t team. That's a good thing. If he didn't, then it's fair to have significant reservations. He had the best possible outcome and is still copping negative comments. That's what shits people.

It's perfectly fine to have slight reservations over a bloke taken in the rookie draft, most people do. It's the rookie draft FFS, we're not unaware of it's position in the draft system.

The gripe with that comment is what the fu** else is he supposed to do in that situation? He beat up a sh*t team. That's a good thing. If he didn't, then it's fair to have significant reservations. He had the best possible outcome and is still copping negative comments. That's what shits people.

It's perfectly fine to have slight reservations over a bloke taken in the rookie draft, most people do. It's the rookie draft FFS, we're not unaware of it's position in the draft system.
EX ACTLY.

You can only beat who you play. Hence it saying so much more about the poster.

"Watching him beat up a very very average Gippsland Power team doesn't fill me with confidence."

Where exactly is the intention to dismiss the opinions of everyone else? It's a stand alone post, that's clearly his opinion.

Haha how do you know that?!

If you dont like dissenting opinions, just put them on ignore.

I know that because I replied to his follow up?

"Long has some big weaknesses in his game to make it AFL level Is the realisation that many on here are blindly ignoring or blindly cant see."

The only reason he posted it was because he felt people were being blind about the player. Plainly obvious imo.

Ah yes!
The Ablett and Chappelli brothers, pure athletic dna gold running though those veins.
Has there ever been as good a set of brothers - incredibly TRIOS - as those two in sports?
Krakouer bros maybe?
Those Mahavelich brothers went alright in the NHL. The Richards weren't so bad either.

Last edited:
Big boy.

His attributes are listed as: Scoreboard Impact, Endurance & Tackling - bodes well for 194cm.

View attachment 1289167

He's a genuinely good size for a tall mid coming into the system as an 18 year old.

Doesn't skip neck day!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1289406

Why does our 18 year old midfielder look like a 27 year old KPF?

Needs to spend all summer with the sprint coaches, aside from getting all they can out of his potential on that front, I don't really think there's much to do with that rig outside of making sure his core and flexibility are up to speed.

Incredible size for a draftee at 194.

Last edited:
Needs to spend all summer with the sprint coaches, aside from getting all they can out of his potential to spring, I don't really think there's much to do with that rig outside of making sure his core and flexibility are up to speed.

Incredible size for a draftee at 194.

No to mention running a 6:05 2km with that rig is seriously impressive. If his speed and agility are up to scratch/can be improved he will have all the physical tools to make it

Excited to see what he can do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back