FTA-TV Succession

Remove this Banner Ad

Current characters from most hated to least

1. Shiv (she is such a self centred hypocritical idiot)
2. Greg
3. roman (just grouse, a bit dim and 100 percent machavalian)
4. Tom (if he got rid of shiv he would be more likable)
5. logan
6. kendall
7. Jerrie (who doesnt love jerrie excluding her treachory to kendall in season 1 but other than that).

Greg??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
his obsession with himself and his inheritance is extremely infuriorating. he is a rich kid and he acts like he isnt.

he has zero talent yet gets to climb up the corporate ladder cos of his name.

he constantly tries to interupt people with big issues to dela with to talk about his minor insignificant problems.

He has no drive to achieve anything. Atleast the logan kids have drive to do something. He has none. He just wants other peoples money.

and suing his grandfather and greenpeace for 230 million of which he contributed nothing? He makes my blood run cold with his extreme privlege and lack of drive and talent.

Last edited:
his obsession with himself and his inheritance is extremely infuriorating. he is a rich kid and he acts like he isnt.

he has zero talent yet gets to climb up the corporate ladder cos of his name.

he constantly tries to interupt people with big issues to dela with to talk about his minor insignificant problems.

He has no drive to achieve anything. Atleast the logan kids have drive to do something. He has none. He just wants other peoples money.

and suing his grandfather and greenpeace for 230 million of which he contributed nothing? He makes my blood run cold with his extreme privlege and lack of drive and talent.

I think you are missing the point of the character. Greg is a contrast to the conniving, ruthless, power hungry, inner family members. He's not a rich kid. We first see him working at a fun park in a droopy dog outfit then he gets fired for vomiting out of the costume's eyes. His mother gets him go along to Logan's birthday who at first doesn't know who he is. But then he starts to rise in his position in the firm by chance events and naively looking out for himself. Logan seems to appreciate Greg's presence because he is a less aware and manipulative than the other family members.

For a minute I thought they were going to with Greg as the Presidential candidate, a bit like Chauncey Gardner in Being There. It might happen yet.

Also the comedic interplay between Greg and Tom is some of the best we will see in a TV show.

I think you are missing the point of the character. Greg is a contrast to the conniving, ruthless, power hungry, inner family members. He's not a rich kid. We first see him working at a fun park in a droopy dog outfit then he gets fired for vomiting out of the costume's eyes. His mother gets him go along to Logan's birthday who at first doesn't know who he is. But then he starts to rise in his position in the firm by chance events and naively looking out for himself. Logan seems to appreciate Greg's presence because he is a less aware and manipulative than the other family members.

For a minute I thought they were going to with Greg as the Presidential candidate, a bit like Chauncey Gardner in Being There. It might happen yet.

Also the comedic interplay between Greg and Tom is some of the best we will see in a TV show.
he has lived a life where he thinks his grand father will give him a 100 million inheritance. A rich kid is anyone who has a grandfather that can give 300 thousand to the grand kids. a 100 million makes him the richest of the rich kids. And his uncle is even richer then his grandfather.

the guy just walks into meetings with billionaires to discuss his minor problems. Only rich kids can do that.

He has also basically got a job with no higher education or experience and within a couple of months is the chief lackey of the head of the biggest news network in the country.

the power hungry nature of his cousins is the one good feature of their characters. The one he is clearly lacking.

greg has the motivation of a lefties rich kid. I.e. None. he will say socially respectable s**t but when it looks like he will lose his undeserved inheritance he wants to sue f*** greenpeace.

greg can go get f***. hopefully in prison

Last edited:
he has lived a life where he thinks his grand father will give him a 100 million inheritance. A rich kid is anyone who has a grandfather that can give 300 thousand to the grand kids. a 100 million makes him the richest of the rich kids. And his uncle is even richer then his grandfather.

the guy just walks into meetings with billionaires to discuss his minor problems. Only rich kids can do that.

He has also basically got a job with no higher education or experience and within a couple of months is the chief lackey of the head of the biggest news network in the country.

the power hungry nature of his cousins is the one good feature of their characters. The one he is clearly lacking.

greg has the motivation of a lefties rich kid. I.e. None. he will say socially respectable sh*t but when it looks like he will lose his undeserved inheritance he wants to sue f*** greenpeace.

greg can go get f***. hopefully in prison
It's a TV show, not real life, no need to take it so hard

Watched the first episode half invested. Am I supposed to be confused? Wtf with Roman and the million dollar bit. Is it worth watching. I,m a fan of sarah brian, allan and Kieran. its a nice cast

Well, yeah. She's also the most competent. I wish they'd given her some more obviously dysfunctional traits. Seems like they soft-pedalled it because she's a female character. Compared to her brothers, she's a Mary Sue.

You mean like, uh I dunno, her relationship with her husband? Her affair? Calling her a Mary Sue borders on crass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well there ya go, head under a rock. I didn't know that Shiv is an Aussie.

OMG does it?

Compared to her brothers, she's a Mary Sue.
Lol. Shes way more pathetic and idiotic compared to kendall and even roman Who does occassionally show some business acumen.

as kendall says. He is the real shiv. Shiv is a pretender. A slimy rich kid who tells the bernie sanders equivalent that shaking hands with normal people is dirty. How stupid can she be? Got fired quick smart. her treatment of her husband is truly disgusting. Her decisions are terrible. and the whole of season 2 is about roy realising How pathetically out of depth she is in her new role. Kendall is the only one with brains. Shiv is a effing loser.

Lol. Shes way more pathetic and idiotic compared to kendall and even roman Who does occassionally show some business acumen.

as kendall says. He is the real shiv. Shiv is a pretender. A slimy rich kid who tells the bernie sanders equivalent that shaking hands with normal people is dirty. How stupid can she be? Got fired quick smart. her treatment of her husband is truly disgusting. Her decisions are terrible. and the whole of season 2 is about roy realising How pathetically out of depth she is in her new role. Kendall is the only one with brains. Shiv is a effing loser.
She's the most competent of the siblings, and the least obviously damaged. She's also liberal, which immediately makes her less abhorrent to the audience. She wants Logan to back a Democrat, which gets shot down. This is a permission slip to find her less absurd.

Who got the deal done before the shareholders' meeting? Logan was incapacitated and all her brothers were useless, for various reasons. So we got a "sisters are doing it for themselves" moment with Shiv breaking bread with Sandy's daughter.

Her brothers are morons, whereas Shiv is smart, cynical and competent, basically a feminist anti-hero, subverting the patriarchy for her own ends. It seems like pandering.

Kendall is not drawn as "the one with brains". He's failed every time and is a platitude-reciting tryhard permanently out of his depth. His attempts to lecture Shiv serve only to underline his cluelessness.

Her brothers are ritually humiliated and the audience understands that they deserve it. Because they're all deranged and deluded to varying degrees. Why is Shiv written differently? She's simply sidelined or overlooked by a domineering man. Why is she never shown to be as implicitly ridiculous as her brothers?

Last edited:
The best episode for a while. Kendall's birthday party was a hugely entertaining train wreck.

Enjoyed it.

Damn, it's funny the prison s**t with Tom and Greg.

Kendall is realising that he's nowhere. Was that a $2bn offer to go away? I didn't quite catch it.

Also; Shiv.. with the wanting to know what happened between Roman and that guy; further illustrating she's out for herself not anyone or anything else.

y
But peoples reaction, sympathy and love for such a weak willed, pathetic and crooked character is real and its incredibly depressing.
yet you have Kendall as 2nd most hated lol

There is nothing sympathetic about Kendall. Who cares if nobody loves him, he is the most vile selfish person on the show and that's saying something. He keeps trying these takeovers yet has no idea how to back them up and falls in the same pathetic hole over and over. And he is a murderer!

Enjoyed it.

Damn, it's funny the prison sh*t with Tom and Greg.

Kendall is realising that he's nowhere. Was that a $2bn offer to go away? I didn't quite catch it.

Also; Shiv.. with the wanting to know what happened between Roman and that guy; further illustrating she's out for herself not anyone or anything else.

Yes the 2b was the amount Logan and Roman would pay him to buy all his shares

Agree the party was enjoyable train wreck - think my annoyance at Kendall is back to all time highs - can he just fk off and OD or something.

Yes the 2b was the amount Logan and Roman would pay him to buy all his shares

Agree the party was enjoyable train wreck - think my annoyance at Kendall is back to all time highs - can he just fk off and OD or something.

On the surface then, unless it would subject him to further implications with the law, as if you wouldn't take $2bn and RUN WITH THE WIND.

She's the most competent of the siblings, and the least obviously damaged. She's also liberal, which immediately makes her less abhorrent to the audience. She wants Logan to back a Democrat, which gets shot down. This is a permission slip to find her less absurd.

Who got the deal done before the shareholders' meeting? Logan was incapacitated and all her brothers were useless, for various reasons. So we got a "sisters are doing it for themselves" moment with Shiv breaking bread with Sandy's daughter.

Her brothers are morons, whereas Shiv is smart, cynical and competent, basically a feminist anti-hero, subverting the patriarchy for her own ends. It seems like pandering.

Kendall is not drawn as "the one with brains". He's failed every time and is a platitude-reciting tryhard permanently out of his depth. His attempts to lecture Shiv serve only to underline his cluelessness.

Her brothers are ritually humiliated and the audience understands that they deserve it. Because they're all deranged and deluded to varying degrees. Why is Shiv written differently? She's simply sidelined or overlooked by a domineering man. Why is she never shown to be as implicitly ridiculous as her brothers?

At the risk of getting another snippy, dismissive post from you, I'm just not sure I understand the argument that a character who has repeatedly made missteps and been shown to be flawed both personally and professionally, has the occasional win and that's seen as maddeningly over-perfect to the point of being a Mary Sue.

At the risk of getting another snippy, dismissive post from you, I'm just not sure I understand the argument that a character who has repeatedly made missteps and been shown to be flawed both personally and professionally, has the occasional win and that's seen as maddeningly over-perfect to the point of being a Mary Sue.
I've heard enough from you. Your feedback doesn't interest me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back