Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is it offensive to? The protesters, being associated with Matthew Guy?

They were out the front with the extremists and the media is asking him why he wasn't negotiating with them?
Were ALL 11 LNP members of the Upper House at every protest?

It would be akin to me saying every Victorian Labor minister and backbencher engages in criminal activity because of the red shirt scandal

It would be akin to me saying every Victorian Labor minister and backbencher engages in criminal activity because of the red shirt scandal
This is a tremendous melt all because the LNP were found to be superfluous to the democratic process in Victoria. I'm sorry your football team lost.

Does anyone really believe Vic Libs were dealing in good faith regarding the protests and the pandemic bill?

They will be happy the powers exist if they happen to win election but they've bet on the libertarians and small business owners for the next election, they aren't going to support Andrew's on anything that goes against their election campaign

Does anyone really believe Vic Libs were dealing in good faith regarding the protests and the pandemic bill?

They will be happy the powers exist if they happen to win election but they've bet on the libertarians and small business owners for the next election, they aren't going to support Andrew's on anything that goes against their election campaign

Dickhead Dom in NSW seems happy enough to have such powers.

Duplicitous pack of pricks.

He just wants anonymous trolls to be accountable. Why would that kill Twitter? Oh yes, it's populated by anonymous trolls.

how specifically will it make anon trolls accountable?

A delightful quote from the man who has repeatedly told us that politics won't beat the virus. Makes it sound like he called Matthew Guy but it went through to voicemail.

One can laud his achievements, but one can not reasonably deny that Daniel Andrews is the most political person to ever hold the office of Premier of Victoria.

maybe he just figured the things Guy cares about, like gay conversion therapy, are not much use against a virus

how specifically will it make anon trolls accountable?
If I am defamed by a troll I can ask Twitter, Facebook, or whatever the platform, to divulge the true identity of the troll so that person can be named and shamed, and if the social media platform refuses or can't provide the detail then they can be held accountable for the actions of the troll. So it will force the Facebooks etc to deal with trolls front-on. That's the theory.

Well they're presenting themselves as united on one-hand, asking to be consulted with, but on the other hand, some of them are happy to attend protests and call the Premier a Dictator.

Their demands for changes to the legislation were ludicrous (and they would still oppose it) and all through the pandemic they've been carrying-on like pork chops.

But then when it's legislation time, they're supposed to be taken seriously?? And they're offended that they're not??

Negotiations require acts of good faith. The LNP have shown all along they're not interested in trust or acts of good faith. But then want to complain when it comes back to bite them.

I don't remember the LNP consulting with the ALP when they were in Government. Although, to be fair, last time they were in Government I don't remember a lot of Government business actually being done.

If I am defamed by a troll I can ask Twitter, Facebook, or whatever the platform, to divulge the true identity of the troll so that person can be named and shamed, and if the social media platform refuses or can't provide the detail then they can be held accountable for the actions of the troll. So it will force the Facebooks etc to deal with trolls front-on. That's the theory.

Except you have to go to Federal Court to get the court order for the platform to theoretically reveal the persons identity (if they know it). Who was the money/time to go to Federal Court for such a reason?

a: Rich and powerful people

So the LNP is trying to pass a bill to give rich and powerful people more legislation to have a go at the little old trolls of twitter.

how?

you're a troll. you use a VPN and register with fake information.

again, how do they identify you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's it.

I'm being hopeful, but the truth is it appears Omicron has an extended asymptomatic period, which likely helps it be more transmissible.

We won't know for two to three weeks how symptoms will progress.

Another point of consideration is that the population being looked at skews younger and internationally, vaccinated.

So inference about how it will effect the elderly or less protected can't immediately be drawn.

Africa will tell us more about the story in terms of spread and mortality rates in vaccinated and unvaccinated populations. Local data won't be very useful early on because we're so vaccinated (unless it's entirely suppressed or ignorant of the vaccine).

We won't have good data about it for at least a month. Not sure how a couple of weeks' ban will achieve anything. I guess they'll make a call based on some early results.

maybe he just figured the things Guy cares about, like gay conversion therapy, are not much use against a virus

I was gonna let this slide, but now its twice. The Parliamentary Liberal Party, except for two upper house MPs, voted for the Conversion Bill, and the official policy of the Parliamentary Liberal Party is not to amend the now passed act if elected.

I was gonna let this slide, but now its twice. The Parliamentary Liberal Party, except for two upper house MPs, voted for the Conversion Bill, and the official policy of the Parliamentary Liberal Party is not to amend the now passed act if elected.
yes but a month ago a party room argument on zoom made it into the papers

1638239378710.png

that was then, this is now. the now is you lot want gay conversion camps back, all to pander to the fundy evan base your party has become

Last edited:
Except you have to go to Federal Court to get the court order for the platform to theoretically reveal the persons identity (if they know it). Who was the money/time to go to Federal Court for such a reason?

a: Rich and powerful people

So the LNP is trying to pass a bill to give rich and powerful people more legislation to have a go at the little old trolls of twitter.
Whingeing as usual. Australia is the first country to introduce this legislation. Why bag them? Oh, of course, because Labor didn't think of it. In my work I have seen the ultimate consequences of someone being mercilessly trashed by trolls. So anything that forces Facebook, etc to become responsible for allowing anonymous trolls to post on their platform is good. It will force platforms to make it their business to know who owns accounts, and to cancel accounts where ownership is not determined. No longer can a Facebook say "We have no idea whose account this is". Other countries will follow and eventually trolls will disappear.

Whingeing as usual. Australia is the first country to introduce this legislation. Why bag them? Oh, of course, because Labor didn't think of it. In my work I have seen the ultimate consequences of someone being mercilessly trashed by trolls. So anything that forces Facebook, etc to become responsible for allowing anonymous trolls to post on their platform is good. It will force platforms to make it their business to know who owns accounts, and to cancel accounts where ownership is not determined. No longer can a Facebook say "We have no idea whose account this is". Other countries will follow and eventually trolls will disappear.

Of course the anonymous trolls on Twitter oppose anything that would expose them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back