News Crows appoint new chairman, John Olsen AO

Is this a good appointment?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

AFL Covid news: Adelaide Crows working to resolve vaccination issue involving board member
The Adelaide Crows are embroiled in escalating Covid drama involving a long-time staffer and now board member who is reluctant to get the vaccination.

The Adelaide Crows are dealing with another vaccine drama after a board member told the club he does not want to have the Covid-19 jab.
The shock revelation that Adelaide Crows director Nick Takos’ won’t have the jab comes a month after the club put AFLW star Deni Varnhagen on its inactive list because of her anti-vaccine stance.
Dr Takos, a lecturer and researcher at UniSA’s business school, was elected to the Crows board earlier this year but won’t be allowed into the club.
Both Dr Takos and the Crows declined to comment when contacted by The Advertiser on Monday.

View attachment 1289480
Adelaide Crows board member Nick Takos first worked at the club in the 1990s. Picture: Supplied

whilst I think it’s a bit odd, why does anyone care if a board member doesn’t get vaccinated?

so what. He just dials in

whilst I think it’s a bit odd, why does anyone care if a board member doesn’t get vaccinated?

Doesn't bother me personally.

The issue for the club though is if Adelaide Oval has mandated the vaccine for members attending games, it's not a good look.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

It shows a fundemental flaw in his critical thinking skills and decision making.

Not someone we want voting on key decisions at the club.

He should be given the boot.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Can understand his point of view from a volunteer perspective, but he must be a home body because he won't be able to do much outside of his actual job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
of course, but then not everyone can participate in the experimental drug trials with the high degree of regularity as you do

that’s right isn’t it?

Hmmm, who should I trust on weather a drug has PASSED its trials and is safe for use.

ATAGI? or Sanders?

Sanders?

OR ATAGI?

I mean the two are both just such expert sources...

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Back