List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 10-APR-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:

Bit sad we've net lost 2 SA lads (Dawson, Hewett, Brand and added Roberts). One thing I've always liked is we generally have good representation from here.

Also not to nitpick your brilliant work, but Stephens is Victorian, family still there, considers himself a Vic (in interviews), just finished off school in SA (and played SANFL).

Bit sad we've net lost 2 SA lads (Dawson, Hewett, Brand and added Roberts). One thing I've always liked is we generally have good representation from here.

Also not to nitpick your brilliant work, but Stephens is Victorian, family still there, considers himself a Vic (in interviews), just finished off school in SA (and played SANFL).
Thanks for the feedback 86

Swans List BF.png

Heres our current list according to the AFL.
What does it all mean?
Can we get Paddy - Rookie, Senior list ???
Can we get anyone else, how many spots are available?

Am I correct in thinking theres one spot available on the senior list only if Naismith is on the long term injury list? There are no Rookie spots available?

Heres our current list according to the AFL.
What does it all mean?
Can we get Paddy - Rookie, Senior list ???
Can we get anyone else, how many spots are available?

Am I correct in thinking theres one spot available on the senior list only if Naismith is on the long term injury list? There are no Rookie spots available?

We have one Cat A rookie list spot open which will likely be filled during the Supplementary Selection Period, which is how Paddy McCartin is likely to be added to the list for next season. We cannot add anyone else to our senior list from this point.

Putting Naismith on the Long Term Injury list gives us the flexibility to either promote a Cat B rookie to the senior list so they can play Senior Football, sign another player via the SSP or keep a position open for the mid season draft.

We have one Cat A rookie list spot open which will likely be filled during the Supplementary Selection Period, which is how Paddy McCartin is likely to be added to the list for next season. We cannot add anyone else to our senior list from this point.

Putting Naismith on the Long Term Injury list gives us the flexibility to either promote a Cat B rookie to the senior list so they can play Senior Football, sign another player via the SSP or keep a position open for the mid season draft.
thanks..
Not sure how thourouly you've looked at different teams lists, but i very quickly added up a few of them and the Swans have the biggest list. Does this mean that other clubs have more spots open than the Swans? Im guessing it does
Just interested in how different clubs manage list numbers compared to the Swans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks..
Not sure how thourouly you've looked at different teams lists, but i very quickly added up a few of them and the Swans have the biggest list. Does this mean that other clubs have more spots open than the Swans? Im guessing it does
Just interested in how different clubs manage list numbers compared to the Swans
I was surprised we took a 4th pick in the National Draft. Not who, just that we did. I thought we had upgraded Sheather to A and would take Anderson. So much for that! Really would like the club to communicate better about this stuff.

I was surprised we took a 4th pick in the National Draft. Not who, just that we did. I thought we had upgraded Sheather to A and would take Anderson. So much for that! Really would like the club to communicate better about this stuff.
I think this part of the communication is done by the AFL. They do all the updating about players...

I rang them a couple of season ago to ask them to provide more information and advise them that a players info was either incorrect or out of date, and they told all that stuff is controlled by the AFL... but they would pass along my request :(

thanks..
Over the last 5 or so years that I've checked we always roll with one less player.
I think that just gives us the flexibility to either promote a CAT B rookie or take players in the SSP or preseason drafts.
This year knowing Naismith is no chance of playing a game we are still technically one player down.
So we still have that flexibility.

If we bring Billy King onto our list we will have NSW players in all four areas (DEF, MID, RUCK, FWD) of the game for the first time ?

Billy King A physically imposing but also athletic ruck and forward option, King wins most ruck contests he attends; able to out-body opponents well, but just as capable of leaping over them even when giving up a little bit of height. What makes King so dangerous is his strong marking when resting forward and good leading patterns, making him a danger when he gets on the move inside 50.

If we bring Billy King onto our list we will have NSW players in all four areas (DEF, MID, RUCK, FWD) of the game for the first time ?

It wouldn’t be.

1996 season we had Brad Seymour in defence, Paul Kelly in midfield, Greg Stafford in Ruck and take your pick between Jason Mooney or Troy Luff up forward for matches. 2016 season we had Mills and Rampe in Defence, McVeigh, Heeney and Jack in Midfield, Naismith in Ruck and McGlynn up forward. Naismith also managed to play a couple of games in 2020 with Rampe, Cunningham and Mills in Defence, Heeney in Midfield and Blakey up forward before he was injuried.

It wouldn’t be.

1996 season we had Brad Seymour in defence, Paul Kelly in midfield, Greg Stafford in Ruck and take your pick between Jason Mooney or Troy Luff up forward for matches. 2016 season we had Mills and Rampe in Defence, McVeigh, Heeney and Jack in Midfield, Naismith in Ruck and McGlynn up forward. Naismith also managed to play a couple of games in 2020 with Rampe, Cunningham and Mills in Defence, Heeney in Midfield and Blakey up forward before he was injuried.
I forgot Benny Mac was NSWelshman.

Gleaned from a very reliable source over Christmas lunch:

* Logan absolutely loves it in Sydney & hopes to sign a big contract extension this season. Isn’t interested in going home.

* Chad & Corey’s younger brother (3rd of 4 kids) named Ashton is rated as the best of the entire Warner family down at Aquinas and has already drawn the Swans’ recruiter’s interest.

Gleaned from a very reliable source over Christmas lunch:

* Logan absolutely loves it in Sydney & hopes to sign a big contract extension this season. Isn’t interested in going home.

* Chad & Corey’s younger brother (3rd of 4 kids) named Ashton is rated as the best of the entire Warner family down at Aquinas and has already drawn the Swans’ recruiter’s interest.

🙏Please be true, please be true, please be true🙏

Remove this Banner Ad

Back