Discussion My year in review 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge year for me personally - my highest finish in SuperCoach at 998 - big considering I was ranked 65,580 after Round 1 and 29,632 after Round 2. Entered the Top 5000 at Round 6 and hovered around underneath that until cracking triple figures after the last round.

Highlights
Round 6 - ranked 36 for the round
Round 10 - ranked 174 for the round
Round 19 - ranked 558 for the round

Trade hits
Clark for Cumming - Round 4
Powell for Lyons - Round 10
Bergman for Zorko - Round 10 also
Highmore for Touk - Round 13
Pouleter to Hall - Round 18 - a bit late to the party though

Trade misses
Rowell to Stephnson - Round 2 (was on the sauce, bad move, traded him out the very next round)
Adams for Dunkley - Round 5 (one injured player to another)
Berry to Worrell - Round 13 - done for the DPP swing but in hindsight Briggs would have been a better move, but he wasn't playing
Atkins to Duke - Round 14 - Bramble would have been better and Atkins went on to have a couple of good rounds

Starting team - who lasted the distance
Laird, May, Macrae, Petracca, Walsh, Gawn, Grundy, Ziebell. Walsh was almost my best starting choice.

Injuries
Plenty early
Rowell, Caldwell, Young, Adams, Butters, May, Ridley, Dunkley, CCJ, Jiath, Impey

Regrets
Not many.
Taking Selwood over Steele in Round 8 wasn't a great move and haunted me until the end.
Although Marshall performed well, trading Selwood out for him in Round 20 hurt given what Selwood produced in SC Finals.
Bont. That KOTD prick has hurt me every bloody year. When Dunkley went down I thought I'd jump on finally. Performed well for a few weeks and then single handedly killed my SC finals in a few leagues.

1629677944926.png

1629677964888.png
1629677996414.png

Special thanks to everyone out there. It's been another tough year IRL and this place provides an escape from the crazy world that's going on around us at the moment. Has been really enjoyable, especially in lockdown, to be able to talk s**t all year. I know I'm a bit of a smart ass on here and like to rib people, but it's all in good fun and despite getting up people's noses at times, hopefully no-one takes it seriously after all is said and done.

For those who often disappear around this time of the year, consider coming back in late November for the SC BBL season. Yes, we know it's nowhere near as enjoyable with rolling team selections - but it's a good opportunity to get involved in some banter and adds some interest to the daily BBL games. SC Gold normally releases their team picker around the same time.

See you all next year when I'll no doubt return to my standard 10k ranking :)

Career best finish for me coming in at 129th!

First time starting with a pure GnR rookie side and it worked. I usually take too many speculative picks and I'm always playing catch-up.

-12 expensive premos
-3 $200k to $250k high price cash cows
-15 rookies

With this side I got into the top 1000 in round 3 and I stayed there for the rest of the season. The lesson (finally) learnt at the end of last year was to pick my starting side with my head, not my heart. You can trade players in with your heart, as bad trades don't hurt as much as a bad starting side.

Next year I will do the same, though I will likely take a couple of riskier forward picks (De Goey and Thomas), as recent history has shown that FWD speculative picks have the best chance of breaking out and making huge leaps.

Season history:
1629680572781.png

Trade history - I rated all of my non-rookie trade-ins. A few rippers but a lot of shockers:
1629680605436.png

Twas a good ride, thank you all for the company and see you all again next season :)

Last edited:
Career best finish for me coming in at 129th!

First time starting with a pure GnR rookie side and it worked. I usually take too many speculative picks and I'm always playing catch-up.

-12 expensive premos
-3 $200k to $250k high price cash cows
-15 rookies

With this side I got into the top 1000 in round 3 and I stayed there for the rest of the season. The lesson (finally) learnt at the end of last year was to pick my starting side with my head, not my heart. You can trade players in with your heart, as bad trades don't hurt as much as a bad starting side.

Next year I will do the same, though I will likely take a couple of riskier forward picks (De Goey and Thomas), as recent history has shown that FWD speculative picks have the best chance of breaking out and making huge leaps.

Season history:
View attachment 1214355

Trade history - I rated all of my non-rookie trade-ins. A few rippers but a lot of shockers:
View attachment 1214357

Twas a good ride, thank you all for the company and see you all again next season :)
And more importantly, avoided that spud Treacy ;)

A PB of 41st overall in what ended up being a really consistent season.

SC1.PNG

SC2.PNG
SC3.PNG

Round 1 Keepers:
- Laird, Short, Macrae, Oliver, Taranto, Gawn, Grundy, Ziebell. Not a huge number, but shows the benefits of timing premo trade-ins well.

What went right:
-
Jumping off Neale before his price drop
- Trading in Heppell at 319k (averaged 97.5 for me, made 170k or so)
- Trading in Titch at 525k (averaged 122.9 for me)
- Trading in Steele at 563k after R10 (averaged 137.6 for me)
- Trading in Touk after his bye (averaged 130.5 for me)
- Trading in Stringer at 375k (averaged 102.5 for me)
- Got most of the starting rookies right
- Grabbing Dawson for the last two rounds worked well (129 average)
- Loaded up on defenders early, knowing that the rookies were rubbish
- Trading Dunkley to Bont after R6 was timed well too
- Finished off with my best score of the year

What went wrong:
-
Brought Heeney in for a 55 and 42 (neither of which counted during the byes), then promptly traded him back out again
- Got burnt by Bolton twice - first, when he broke his wrist (I traded him out, then he returned in good form two weeks later). Then, I brought the prick back in for a five round average of 64.8 to end the year, abysmal
- Toby Greene (the usual)
- Spent too much trading in King Gull, thinking his 120+ average from last year would continue
- Not being able to upgrade Taranto to a real M8 throughout the year (stuck out like a sore thumb against the rest of my mids - Macrae, Bont, Oliver, Touk, Titch, Steele, Lyons)
- Trading out Zorko when he got suspended
- No Walsh, despite having him all preseason
- No Danger, though his last three weeks made me feel better
- Had an eight-week span through the middle of the season where my captain didn't score more than 110, which proved majorly costly
- Ended up at full-premo after round 14, which in hindsight was too early. Meant I culled some rookies before their time, and missed out on some bargain buys/form players at the end of the year
- Round 22: four playing emergencies, but none could cover my double donut disaster.

Until next year, friends!

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Started HClark, Jelly, Neale, Gaff, Daniel. Season was cooked pretty early

Tried to correct early. Traded Neale to Ridley, who got knocked out and scored pretty s**t thereafter. Set the tone for the season.

Made multiple stupid trades due to being busy on weekends and trying to catch up on the overall. Including a double roughie (Neale & Jelly)

Apart from bad luck with the starting squad and injuries, most wounds were self inflicted and ended up just inside the top 10k.

Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bad starting picks
Gaff, Cripps, Taranto, Dow, Meek, Clark, Daniel (sort of)

Good starting picks
Ziebell, Laird, Stewart, Dunkley, Flynn

What went well
  • Skipped Rowell
  • Resisted temptation to start Neale, Gawn and other seriously overpriced Superpremos
  • Started Macrae
  • Early correctional trades, particularly bringing Walsh and Impey in
  • Zorko, Steele, Kelly, Lloyd, Hall, Oliver, Danger all traded in at close to bottom price
  • Holding Highmore (until Round 22 when it all went pear shaped)

Bad
  • Was going to start Walsh and switched to Gaff instead because I had a few extra dollars
  • Out in out with Heeney
  • In and out Marshall
  • A lot of my rookies made bugger all money
  • COVID suspensions meant I didn't bring Marshall back in when I had the $ ready. Burnt me bad.
  • Trading in Neale, Bolton and Greene
  • Reeves - went a week early so couldn't reverse. Made no money and blocked my R/F flexibility.
  • Missing Bramble
  • Missing Touk. Someone put up a good argument that he had broken out. I sat on the fence until it was too late. Finally got him with my last trade.
  • Spent too many trades during the byes dodging donuts. Paid for it in the last month.
  • Burnt my flexibility trading Madden to get quick cash
  • Underestimating the value of DPPs in my final team.

Somehow finished inside the top 100 despite all the above.

1629709189104.png

1629709056005.png
1629709097149.png
1629709141895.png

1629709263343.png

Apr 25, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Richmond
Screenshot_20210822-204741_SuperCoach.jpg
This year is the first year I've put this much effort into my SuperCoach. PB overall finish of 3875. Past years I've never thought about what's needed to build a strong team to compete with the best teams for overall points. Watching and learning from you kenties around here has taught me a lot.

The good :
Nailed pretty much all the good rookies to start with. Started Ziebell, traded in Impey in Rd3.

Started a strong midfield with Macrae, Titch, Merrett, Jelly and Petracca. Didn't start Rowell or Neale. Traded in Mids like Bont, Oliver and Touk before they really went off. Traded in Hall after his bye.

Didn't sideways any uninjured premos or premos injured for less than 3 weeks.

Was KOTD with injuries this year. Probably why I managed a decent rank.

The Bad:
Wasted to many trades on sideways trading rookies mid season. Jumped off a few early thinking I needed the cash gen to upgrade to compete with the better teams. Highmore, Flynn and Scott the worst ones. They made more cash than who I traded them to!

Trading in Luke Ryan for 1 game then he missed 3 (never again kent) then wasn't that good after he came back either. Ran out of trades so had to keep Aliir all year.

Didn't start Dunkley, went with Danger instead.

The Ugly: Started both Degoey and Duggan! Yep ruined the start of my year. What made it worse was Degoey eventually came good with a new coach letting him play the role we were promised preseason! Traded Bolton in for Dusty.

The completely friggen stupid:
Didn't start Laird...

Bring on next year!

Cheers

Last edited:
Finished off with a final rank of 900th, season high of 756 the second last week.
Started off outside the top 10k, but mostly fluctuated between the 2-5k mark for the season.

Starting team:

Lloyd, Stewart, Laird, Short, Daniel, Highmore (Kosi, Sharp)
Macrae, Zerrett, Jelly, Danger, Gulden, Powell, Scott, Bruhn (Jordon, Berry, Brockman)
Gawn, Grundy (Flynn)
Ziebell, Dusty, Daniher, Impey, Campbell, Warner (Bergman, Rowe)

10 keepers and 1 rookie making it through the whole season.

Final team
Lloyd, Stewart, Laird, Short, Ridley, Whitfield (Durham, Madden)
Macrae, Steele, Walsh, Petracca, Kelly, Zerrett, Titch, Neale (Bramble, Newcombe, Sharp)
Gawn, Grundy (Reeves)
Ziebell, Hall, Hawkins, Danger, Sidebottom, Butters (CCJ, Macrae)

Backline picks were all fine.
Daniel out probably a bad move in retrospect, could couldn't of picked him going from losing kick ins to playing as a mid.
Only issue with the stacked DEFs was that it wasn't very flexible, wasn't able to get in Mills as my other lines needed work, but lucked out not having him towards the end.

Midfield was meh.
Macrae the best, standard.
Zerrett and Jelly were okay after poor starts, so everyone else ended getting on and enjoying the second half of the season after I copped the poor scores.
Danger went to Titch R2, was also poor for the start then stormed home once everyone else got on.

Ended up bring in;
Steele who was a absolute killer in.
Petracca who went at 115+ for me.
Walsh who has a great input, but I benched him for Brambles 120 in R17 and he scored 158 on my bench. Still battles a bit with a hard tag, doesn't help that his teammates are squibs.
Lachie Neale, twice. More on him later.

Finished the season without 4 of the top 6 mids (Oliver, Bont, Miller & Lyons), so whenever I did end up having a good week these blokes would still stop me for making a significant move up the rankings.

Gawn and Grundy were ok, not worth the spend this year but I was never going to pick NN or Darcy with their injury histories.

My forward line was where I leaked points all year, just couldn't get anything right.

Only picked Ziebell because everyone else did. Still can't fathom how this pick worked so well.
Hall was a beauty. Will start him next season. Plays the chip scab role to perfection.
Hawkins in was a good result.
Danger was hit and miss. But mostly good. Never VC'd a good score from him.
Sidebottom was a disaster.
Butters was a disaster, but all I could afford.

Had Marshall when no one else did. Got punished.
Couldn't get Marshall when everyone else did. Got punished.

Best Trades;
Besides rookie trades it was a disaster few months, followed by a better hit rate during upgrade season.

R10 Hall @ 454k
R11 Steele @ 563k
R12 Petracca @ 528k
R15 Walsh @ 559k
R18 Hawkins @444k

Worst trades;
We have a few.

R5 Daniel out for Jiath @399k.
R6 Neale in @ 580k
R7 Neale out @ 578k and Sidebottom in @ 493k, Zorko was cheaper and went on to score 100s more points, but I wanted an early POD. Bad.
R8 Marshall in @ 528k, again go searching for a FWD pod and get rewarded with him getting injured immediately.
R12 Neale in AGAIN @ 578k, dobbed a POD 150 C score the second week, but was absolute dross until round 23.
R17 Butters in @ 501k, subbed out in the second quarter that week.
R18 Dusty dead and 2.7k short of Marshall, have to get Butters back in again. Out of trades.

Lesson learnt to not go chasing PODs so early in the season.
Could of been a whole lot better of a season if I just went Oliver over Neale and Zorko over Sidebottom in first 2 months.

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
2021 starting SC team.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Worst trades: Bolton. Should of waited a week for Marshall.
Punchy also was forced by the Chumpion data nerds running this shiteshow Super Coach and THAT bye change.

Also Bont FAIL for Haynes going into the finals didn't pay off either, those trades would of been handy like a hand shandy.:moustache:

Best trades: POD mids perma VC Steele and Millertime for Crippla and Hep D at the byes.

Rook FAILS, too many to mention, started the good ones other than Lazaroo who I finished with..lolz.
Team was still 13.5 mill which is competitive and full premo by the byes.

Good luck next year and have a puppy filled Summer to all the splendid kentlemens on this board.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
No AFL team
Screenshot_20210831-092314_Firefox.jpg
Pretty happy with the year, finished ranked 619th and never outside rank 6800 (round 1) overall. My weekly rank never exceeded 24k also which is a stat im most proud of, only 1 finish (121st) inside the top 1k though.

Hits:
Rowell - Stewart 20 mins before the Cats game kicked off in round 1. Was worried my Def was too weak.
Danger - Titch. Solid all year Titch. Especially the arse end of the year.
Bruhn - Impey before 1st price rise.
Neale - Walsh after only 1 price drop.
Powell - Steele for 569k.
Weightman over Madden in round 11.
Murphy - Hall for 530k in round 14. A little late, didn't trust the kent.

Misses:
Starting Danger
Cripps - Butters in round 3.
Butters - Danger in round 5 🤢🤢🤢
Danger - Ryan in round 6 for him to have a late out 3 week calf niggle.
Bringing Dusty in like most.
Bringing Reeves while he had the bye, thought I was being a smart kent.
Bolton in late was a mess.

Kents that lasted the distance:
Lloyd, Laird, Stewart, Short, Macrae, Oliver, Sharp (Bris), Gawn, Grundy, Ziebell, Brockman.

Injuries/Suspensions:
Danger x 2, Butters, Ryan, Dunkley, Neale, Gimpey, Grundy, Dusty, Stewart. Not counting injured rooks.

Summary:
Overall, happy with the year. Was aiming for top 500 late but Stewart and Ziebell sealed that fate.
Failing with my Vc/C picks majority of the year was annoying, I improve there, that gets me top 500.
Looking forward to next year, alot of rooks played late, could be another tough year starting team wise.

Apr 25, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Richmond
View attachment 1222220Pretty happy with the year, finished ranked 619th and never outside rank 6800 (round 1) overall. My weekly rank never exceeded 24k also which is a stat im most proud of, only 1 finish (121st) inside the top 1k though.

Hits:
Rowell - Stewart 20 mins before the Cats game kicked off in round 1. Was worried my Def was too weak.
Danger - Titch. Solid all year Titch. Especially the arse end of the year.
Bruhn - Impey before 1st price rise.
Neale - Walsh after only 1 price drop.
Powell - Steele for 569k.
Weightman over Madden in round 11.
Murphy - Hall for 530k in round 14. A little late, didn't trust the kent.

Misses:
Starting Danger
Cripps - Butters in round 3.
Butters - Danger in round 5 🤢🤢🤢
Danger - Ryan in round 6 for him to have a late out 3 week calf niggle.
Bringing Dusty in like most.
Bringing Reeves while he had the bye, thought I was being a smart kent.
Bolton in late was a mess.

Kents that lasted the distance:
Lloyd, Laird, Stewart, Short, Macrae, Oliver, Sharp (Bris), Gawn, Grundy, Ziebell, Brockman.

Injuries/Suspensions:
Danger x 2, Butters, Ryan, Dunkley, Neale, Gimpey, Grundy, Dusty, Stewart. Not counting injured rooks.

Summary:
Overall, happy with the year. Was aiming for top 500 late but Stewart and Ziebell sealed that fate.
Failing with my Vc/C picks majority of the year was annoying, I improve there, that gets me top 500.
Looking forward to next year, alot of rooks played late, could be another tough year starting team wise.

Man if you just avoided Cripps, Danger, Butters and Ryan. Hindsight is a wonderful thing! I had all of those to besides Cripps. Only got Butters for the last 3 weeks at least. Had no cash to get much else.

Ok, let's give this a shot. For backstory, i've been playing since about 2013, until maybe 2015 they were ghost ships my dad needed for his cash league. I only know rankings since 2017 coz new account but in 2017 i was rank 61,190. 2018 i was 22,712 which was pretty impressive for somebody who only had access to the sc segments in the HS. 2019, 28,823. 2020, i joined this board, looking to join some leagues and get some advice, i finished 19,274.
Great advice guys, i only started Ben Long, Darcy Fort and Jon Ceglar :sick:, but i came back determined.

I had a great run late, that PF week was something to behold. Starting team was pretty average and once i cleared it all out, premos hit some form and after the bye it was clear i'd clicked into gear.
sc year.png

Trades

Weirdly most were actually alright, i missed out on all the SP mids though, no Steele, Walsh, Bont, Oliver, Miller. Got unlucky with Rowell and Harmes going down R1 and then Liam Ryan was just a dickhead. * u you prick. I pretty much nailed my rookie picks which were massive and i think i understand the importance of them now.

15-22.png

8-14.png

End Team
1630538022415.png

R1 Keepers
Laird, Short, Macrae, Petracca, Jelly, Gawn, Grundy, Ziebell
Not as many as you'd hope but i did trade Lloyd and TT late as well as dusty, Impey, Docherty.

GOOD
Rookie picks, ******* elite campaigner.
Late trade ins, pods in Kennedy and Keays that were cheeky.
Trading in Hall and Zorko relatively early.
Trading in Lyons while he was still at about 1% ownership.
Missed nearly all carnage, hardly any injuries.
Was pretty good with VC/C picks, got a good portion of the massive scores.

BAD
Rowell, Harmes, Ryan starting picks :(
Trading in Clark and Campbell early, bit unlucky.
CERRA you bastard

Thanks kents for a great year, i'm really excited for next year, i made some pretty clear mistakes and still finished with a personal best by 18k. Goal next year is for socks. Love you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 25, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Richmond
Ok, let's give this a shot. For backstory, i've been playing since about 2013, until maybe 2015 they were ghost ships my dad needed for his cash league. I only know rankings since 2017 coz new account but in 2017 i was rank 61,190. 2018 i was 22,712 which was pretty impressive for somebody who only had access to the sc segments in the HS. 2019, 28,823. 2020, i joined this board, looking to join some leagues and get some advice, i finished 19,274.
Great advice guys, i only started Ben Long, Darcy Fort and Jon Ceglar :sick:, but i came back determined.

I had a great run late, that PF week was something to behold. Starting team was pretty average and once i cleared it all out, premos hit some form and after the bye it was clear i'd clicked into gear.
View attachment 1223683

Trades

Weirdly most were actually alright, i missed out on all the SP mids though, no Steele, Walsh, Bont, Oliver, Miller. Got unlucky with Rowell and Harmes going down R1 and then Liam Ryan was just a dickhead. fu** u you prick. I pretty much nailed my rookie picks which were massive and i think i understand the importance of them now.

View attachment 1223687
View attachment 1223688
View attachment 1223689

End Team
View attachment 1223704

R1 Keepers
Laird, Short, Macrae, Petracca, Jelly, Gawn, Grundy, Ziebell
Not as many as you'd hope but i did trade Lloyd and TT late as well as dusty, Impey, Docherty.

GOOD
Rookie picks, ******* elite campaigner.
Late trade ins, pods in Kennedy and Keays that were cheeky.
Trading in Hall and Zorko relatively early.
Trading in Lyons while he was still at about 1% ownership.
Missed nearly all carnage, hardly any injuries.
Was pretty good with VC/C picks, got a good portion of the massive scores.

BAD
Rowell, Harmes, Ryan starting picks :(
Trading in Clark and Campbell early, bit unlucky.
CERRA you bastard

Thanks kents for a great year, i'm really excited for next year, i made some pretty clear mistakes and still finished with a personal best by 18k. Goal next year is for socks. Love you all.

60k ranking in 2017 was pretty good effort for a pre schooler. Well done.

I'd grade my season a C- at best. I started okay, had a ripper Round 2 but started to fall away as my players dropped like flies.

Traded some rookies early, traded premos that turned to duds...

Next year surely has to be better for me.

1630550957594.png

1630550882493.png
1630550897813.png

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Crappy year for me, kinda! I started the season with J.Clark, H.Clark, H.Young, Noah Anderson, Neale, Caldwell, De Goey, Dangerfield & Butters. All of those performed terribly while in my team and/or got injured early. I didnt start with any of Bont, Macrae, Oliver, Laird or Lloyd. So, to just make it back into the top 20k by the end of the season, i guess ill take it. I went the whole season without Bont or Laird too :$ On top of that i traded Neale out and back in again and also broke Dunkley and Cerra. Both spent 2 weeks in my team. Here is the biggest mistake though, i made an accidental trade in of Bewley for Impey after Impey was injured. I messed around with trades and wanted to see how much cash i had left with trying different options. I didnt even realise i had picked Bewley until the end of the round. I traded him out the following round. I can only blame myself. Beat that for stupidity fellas! :$:$:$:$:$

What did i do well then? Holding Wines all season was up there for me. After 5 weeks his average was under 95 and after 8 rounds it was only 97.1. I was tempted to trade but after that he only had 1 score under 100 and finished the season on fire with an average of 126.67 over the last 6 rounds. Gun! I suppose trading Ziebell into my team in round 2 was good. Obvious trade, but still good. Next up was my trade prior to round 9. Anderson > J.Kelly. It cost me under 70k and apart from a 3 week period where kelly averaged under 85, he was an awesome pick. Getting off Anderson then was clearly the right move too! I shouldve jumped ship earlier but at least i got rid of him when i did. Round 10 trade of Butts to Steele worked well and Kozi to Miller in round 13 was good too. Thats about it though.

Trades are below

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 1.52.24 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 1.52.31 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 1.52.39 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 1.54.59 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 1.55.40 pm.png
]

There you have it. Shocking season! I did get hit hard by injuries but it was mainly too many terrible picks from round 1 and too many PODs that didnt turn out. Still, to finish top 20k and put in 3 or 4 good rounds, im not too disheartened. Can anyone beat my Bewley trade though?!!!

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Yeh I had a bad one. So many dumb semi sideways trades to make a bit of coin that didn’t pan out, eg introducing Cerra and Butters for them to get injured.

Started both Young and Clark. Started JDG and traded him prior to his big last couple of months.

Still ended up in the top 10%, but just not worth it for the sheer number of hours pouring over data, and knowingly starting some suspect performers.

Probably ends my years of punting on MPM. My biggest focus is money leagues, and if that is the case I can cop a few low scores in pursuit of a better overall final team.

A PB of 41st overall in what ended up being a really consistent season.

View attachment 1214556

View attachment 1214557View attachment 1214558

Round 1 Keepers:
- Laird, Short, Macrae, Oliver, Taranto, Gawn, Grundy, Ziebell. Not a huge number, but shows the benefits of timing premo trade-ins well.

What went right:
  • Jumping off Neale before his price drop
  • Trading in Heppell at 319k (averaged 97.5 for me, made 170k or so)
  • Trading in Titch at 525k (averaged 122.9 for me)
  • Trading in Steele at 563k after R10 (averaged 137.6 for me)
  • Trading in Touk after his bye (averaged 130.5 for me)
  • Trading in Stringer at 375k (averaged 102.5 for me)
  • Got most of the starting rookies right
  • Grabbing Dawson for the last two rounds worked well (129 average)
  • Loaded up on defenders early, knowing that the rookies were rubbish
  • Trading Dunkley to Bont after R6 was timed well too
  • Finished off with my best score of the year

What went wrong:
  • Brought Heeney in for a 55 and 42 (neither of which counted during the byes), then promptly traded him back out again
  • Got burnt by Bolton twice - first, when he broke his wrist (I traded him out, then he returned in good form two weeks later). Then, I brought the prick back in for a five round average of 64.8 to end the year, abysmal
  • Toby Greene (the usual)
  • Spent too much trading in King Gull, thinking his 120+ average from last year would continue
  • Not being able to upgrade Taranto to a real M8 throughout the year (stuck out like a sore thumb against the rest of my mids - Macrae, Bont, Oliver, Touk, Titch, Steele, Lyons)
  • Trading out Zorko when he got suspended
  • No Walsh, despite having him all preseason
  • No Danger, though his last three weeks made me feel better
  • Had an eight-week span through the middle of the season where my captain didn't score more than 110, which proved majorly costly
  • Ended up at full-premo after round 14, which in hindsight was too early. Meant I culled some rookies before their time, and missed out on some bargain buys/form players at the end of the year
  • Round 22: four playing emergencies, but none could cover my double donut disaster.

Until next year, friends!
Treasured memories

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
WaynesWorld19 where's your year in review?
Player Selection :whitecheck: ...... My trading strategy / skill / patience :crossmark:

Too much player speculation ....too many risky players, may or may not types ....not valuing the price of a trade

1647858577023.png
1647858591966.png

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back