Player Watch #21 Errol Gulden - born to play

Gulden.jpg

Errol Gulden
[Player Profile TBA]

Last edited by a moderator:
He was rated to go between 15-30. Footy IQ was always rated as high but he was known for pushing his kicks a bit too much resulting in turnovers.

Errol Gulden is a player who is not too far off the complete package in terms of ability. He ticks a lot of boxes, particularly for the role he plays, and whilst he can make some mistakes via foot, his overall impact, football IQ, athleticism and class stand out above all else. The one mitigating factor which sees Gulden rated lower than where he should be is that he stands at about 175cm.

An unreasonable amount of height bias is real in recruiting circles.

Does Errol being 182cm make him a better player? If so it would be marginal, being less short doesnt change your elite kicking skills, decision making or tenacity around the ball.

Also, I learned that players should never wear long sleeves in cold or wet days because thats a thing too for some people...

An unreasonable amount of height bias is real in recruiting circles.

Does Errol being 182cm make him a better player? If so it would be marginal, being less short doesnt change your elite kicking skills, decision making or tenacity around the ball.

Also, I learned that players should never wear long sleeves in cold or wet days because thats a thing too for some people...

Can you imagine if they had a manbun?

Btw
Mullets and/or moustaches should be an immediate de-listing, with a suspended 30 day gaol sentence imo.

ShireSwan

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
What the hell is this ! ? We can't have anyone playing for the swans with that bloody thing attached to their head. Please direct all complaints via Swans Media channels.

1638313584722.png
1638313636254.png

What the hell is this ! ? We can't have anyone playing for the swans with that bloody thing attached to their head. Please direct all complaints via Swans Media channels.

View attachment 1290307View attachment 1290310
It's called hair, and its found in various places on the human body... so let's not freak out too much about it.

PS: You do realise that complaints just like these were made about the Beatles, don't you?

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Can you imagine if they had a manbun?

Btw
Mullets and/or moustaches should be an immediate de-listing, with a suspended 30 day gaol sentence imo.

View attachment 1290307View attachment 1290310
I replied to this same conversation 6 months ago when my 10yo got his first mullet. I picked him up this arvo and took him to swimming lessons. He has a new, bigger and badder mullet!
No nits, no sunburn on his neck, no hair in his eyes.. Hes walking taller and swimming faster. Cant wait to get him in the surf - he'll rip!!

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I replied to this same conversation 6 months ago when my 10yo got his first mullet. I picked him up this arvo and took him to swimming lessons. He has a new, bigger and badder mullet!
No nits, no sunburn on his neck, no hair in his eyes.. Hes walking taller and swimming faster. Cant wait to get him in the surf - he'll rip!!

Oddly enough I see a mullet and I just assume the person has nits :p

Though 10 is a good age for kids to experiment with hair styles. Let them do what they want since it is all reversable anyway.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Oddly enough I see a mullet and I just assume the person has nits :p

Though 10 is a good age for kids to experiment with hair styles. Let them do what they want since it is all reversable anyway.
You should think.. HAD nits.. has nits no more. the rest of his school does!
Mullets all-round I say.

and yep, let those kids explore

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
That is a mohawk, not a mullet :p
She is a pretty impressive teenager. Has been rowing for a few years now. I think 16. She is the Cox for men's rowing teams now. Imagine a 16 year old girl telling blokes to row harder. But if you met her you would believe it.
If you met her you would like her. She is infectious like that.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
She is a pretty impressive teenager. Has been rowing for a few years now. I think 16. She is the Cox for men's rowing teams now. Imagine a 16 year old girl telling blokes to row harder. But if you met her you would believe it.
If you met her you would like her. She is infectious like that.

I certainly believe you and I can see and feel the pride in your words. I am sure she is a great young adult.

Sidenote, your comment reminded me of this story

Before that race, Brandt and Klein schemed a way to pull even with their hosts. Upon noticing that the French boats had been stashing children in their cox seats to reduce their overall weight loads, the Dutch rowers ditched the 60-kilogram Brockmann in favor of a 33-kilogram boy whom, as Brandt later described in writing, they simply “found” on site.

ShireSwan

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
It's called hair, and its found in various places on the human body... so let's not freak out too much about it.

PS: You do realise that complaints just like these were made about the Beatles, don't you?

The Beatles broke the norm, these guys are trying hard to look like the norm for toothless, alcoholic brickies' labourers soon to be serving time for B&E.

Get some dreads, get a huge quif, grow your hair down to your bum, anything, but, don't EVER get a mullet.[/QUOTE]

The Beatles broke the norm, these guys are trying hard to look like the norm for toothless, alcoholic brickies' labourers soon to be serving time for B&E.

Get some dreads, get a huge quif, grow your hair down to your bum, anything, but, don't EVER get a mullet.

images (11) (31).jpeg

Last edited:
Back