Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
With both 200k+ rookies being MID ONLY

Horne vs Daicos

vs

I will give serious thought to giving JHF a miss now.

As a forward he was a no-brainer but I think I'd rather spend 207k on Fin Macrae in his second year than a guy who's apparently going to be spending 70% of his time forward, and does not have a record of accumulation.

Nick D is going to rack them up across half-back and is even a chance to take kick outs from what I've gathered from training reports.

Elijah Hollands is a lockety-lock at F5-6

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Hewett v H.Clark (D4) - Hard to say, depends on Hewett's role and whether Clark is going to stop being a spud

Petracca v Oliver - Piggy, Trac looks like an upgrade target to me as he is more likely to have down games

Butters v Bailey - Butters higher ceiling but bigger injury risk. Bailey if you could be sure he was playing a lot of midfield would be hard to ignore.

Walsh vs Titch.

Seems to have split the votes for M4 as that low 630k after clarry, steele, macrae/touk but ahead of Neale.

Titch.

More runs on the board, new coach, but best 22 is largely the same, unlikely that Mitchell would give him any form of role change anyways, better bye round.

Walsh is still a very solid pick, but has 2 new midfielders in the mix, and still struggles with the tag a bit, as any young mid would.
Has the round 12 bye, small sample size, but looks to thrive a bit post bye, conveniently plays GWS round 9, and DeBoer did an absolute number on him this year.

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Titch.

More runs on the board, new coach, but best 22 is largely the same, unlikely that Mitchell would give him any form of role change anyways, better bye round.

Walsh is still a very solid pick, but has 2 new midfielders in the mix, and still struggles with the tag a bit, as any young mid would.
Has the round 12 bye, small sample size, but looks to thrive a bit post bye, conveniently plays GWS round 9, and DeBoer did an absolute number on him this year.

I agree with everything you have said.

Also, I'm starting Walsh over Titch

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
I think the answer is both, but if I was choosing, I'd go Crisp because of durability. Hall went uninjured throughout 2021, but that's not typical for him. Can he do it two years in a row? Crisp does not ever miss a game for any reason
I think the key with Hall last year was not making a single tackle, or having a single contested possession. Hence no injuries.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I agree with everything you have said.

Also, I'm starting Walsh over Titch

Both players finished last season with a 121 3-round average ......I just think Walsh has another level to go, whilst Titch has peaked

Battlepants

All Australian
Feb 6, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Both players finished last season with a 121 3-round average ......I just think Walsh has another level to go, whilst Titch has peaked

Has Titch peaked though? His peak season in his Brownlow year came with a 130 average. Then of course he broke his leg and missed a season. 113 average in 2020, then 117 last season. It's obviously been a long recovery. After another pre-season I reckon he'll get back even closer to that peak. Not that I expect him to get back to his Brownlow winning form, but he could easily manage 120+.

In any case, I'm taking both.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Has Titch peaked though? His peak season in his Brownlow year came with a 130 average. Then of course he broke his leg and missed a season. 113 average in 2020, then 117 last season. It's obviously been a long recovery. After another pre-season I reckon he'll get back even closer to that peak. Not that I expect him to get back to his Brownlow winning form, but he could easily manage 120+.

In any case, I'm taking both.
No-one's reaally mentioned him yet .....so keep this just between us ;) .....Andrew Brayshaw

Finished 107 ave ....but this was dented by 4 games x sub 90 scores early 2021 season

76 games into his career ....finished with a 3 round ave of 131, aided by the 190 match

With Fyfe in doubt, I expect further maturation of Brayshaws game

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
No-one's reaally mentioned him yet .....so keep this just between us ;) .....Andrew Brayshaw

Finished 107 ave ....but this was dented by 4 games x sub 90 scores early 2021 season

76 games into his career ....finished with a 3 round ave of 131, aided by the 190 match

With Fyfe in doubt, I expect further maturation of Brayshaws game
I suggested him in the Planning Thread, got poo-poo'd.

He's ripe to go SP imo, just needs to shake a tag better and he'll be pushing 120+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back