Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting read regarding the writing and recording process.

Cheers, that was a really good read. I thought that answer about the EAN numbers was interesting as well as them organising and shipping five-digits in physical copies of LP/CD's themselves.

Will have to pick up a physical dcopy of the zine to read the rest of the interview.

Last edited:

Cheers, that was a really good read. I thought that answer about the EAN numbers was interesting as well as them organising and shipping five-digits in physical copies of LP/CD's themselves.

Will have to pick up a physical dcopy of the zine to read the rest of the interview.

Those sorts of interviews are great to actually get into the minds of the artists. How M said he writes tubes resonates with me as I do it very similarly. I sit down with the guitar at the computer with Guitar Pro open and write in blocks then will tweak individual parts of the tab to make it sound cooler, and so often I write stuff I either can't play from start to finish or make a ridiculous shape (for a chord or arpeggio) that I can't play without practice. So that was cool to read he does exactly the same thing haha.

The process of me doing it that way is a bit slow to get to the other guys in the band because programming midi guitars exactly how you want them to be played can be time consuming, as well as the intricacies of dissonant chords and chords with open strings and stuff often lose their effect in midi format.

That's why I've finally moved to DAWs and amp Sims. Now I can knock out a quick drum beat in Guitar Pro, export the midi and load it up Reaper and Kvlt Drums maps straight to the midi notes. Then I can just plug into my interface, boot up the amp sim and play the riffs as they are in my head. Already though I'm yearning for a drum sim that's a bit more flexible so considering if I should get EzDrummer 2 today while it's on its final day of black friday week sale.

Anyone else grab this? Angus & Robertson had it cheaper than anywhere else if people are interested in ordering. Mine arrived today.

bb9b9029146cce9ac017c34613a94f72.jpg

Brutal Truth - ECDER. Repress arrived (with a fair seam split :( ). Actually never saw this one on vinyl back when it was released or any time since. Opener still reminds me of Andy Accept’s PBS program.

Drove down to Gunnamatta & spotted Merv Hughes on the way, should've had him sign my boogie board. CC - Gore Obsessed on the way there & back, finally getting my head around riff's n starting to really enjoy it (another one that slipped past the keeper on me)

Drove down to Gunnamatta & spotted Merv Hughes on the way, should've had him sign my boogie board. CC - Gore Obsessed on the way there & back, finally getting my head around riff's n starting to really enjoy it (another one that slipped past the keeper on me)

Great cover song at the end too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The missus only got her own Spotify account a couple months ago so previously we shared mine. Can you spot it?

View attachment 1290993

This is funny for me, because my wife stopped sharing her Spotify with me after Ne Obliviscaris started playing randomly in her Year 12 English classroom (at a private all-girls school) when she had on her favourites playlist. :):cool:

A family account has 'solved' her problem!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back