BBL 2021/22 Big Bash League season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't realise Tymal Mills signed with Perth, that's a great get considering Richardson could be out all season. A Bowling attack of Agar, Kelly, Behrendorff and Mills will do well

I think we will struggle, where is the money that Livingstone/Roy were on?

It is what it is, international callups etc but we will need improvement internally as the ins don't outweight the outs (clearly)

I think we will struggle, where is the money that Livingstone/Roy were on?

It is what it is, international callups etc but we will need improvement internally as the ins don't outweight the outs (clearly)
Roy did a bad hammy. Livingston playing for England now and probably can't be arsed going into quarantine.

There's not a big pool of recruits to chose from really.

I dont think it's that.
Lyon, Labuschagne, Head, Khawaja, Carey and Jhye Richardson have all been names in their squads.

Maybe he's trying to focus on test cricket.
Scorchers are probably willing to carry Richardson taking up a squad spot and carry his salary in the cap while he's with the Test team but not Green.

Brisbane Heat replacements: Liam Guthrie, Cameron Gannon, Hugo Burdon, Nathan McSweeney, Will Prestwidge

Sydney Sixers replacements: Lawrence Neil-Smith, Nick Winter

Both club sites have got details of who they are replacing and for how long - as far as I can work out, the Heat have ruled out the two young quicks Connor Sully (back) and Matt Willans (shoulder) and replaced them with an even younger quick in Will Prestwidge and the WA left-armer Liam Guthrie. McSweeney in for Marnus, so will be with them for most of the tournament, Gannon and Burdon in for Aussie players Swepson and Neser, so the first few weeks. I think :)

Neil-Smith replaces Jackson Bird, who is still battling achilles injury by the sound of it,while Winter is in for Nathan Lyon.

Sure there are heaps of other replacements to come :)

Big bash minor rounds finish 19th Jan

Ashes finishes 18th Jan

Big bash finals 21st - 28th Jan

One dayer v NZ 30th Jan

Will test players be released for the big bash finals?

Will one day players be allowed to play big bash before the NZ game?

Makes such a big difference.

For instance Adelaide could have Carey and Head with the test team.

Hobart have no one.

Then the one day team they could pick Wade and McDermott and not Carey or Head.

Two of a sides best players out v two of a sides best players in.

Yeah the rest of the Adelaide squad is probably not going to be able to make finals but rinse repeat for Sydney Sixers and the Stars or whoever.

Some serious future potential in those Heat replacement players. Burdon and Prestwidge will almost definitely get games for the Bulls in the next 2 to 4 years. Burdon looks a prestigious talent in particular but probably not in this format yet. Doubt they will get any Heat games though, would have loved to see Josh Brown at least be acknowledged, hits them as cleanly as anyone and has been belting the door down for 3 or 4 seasons now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back