2021/22 Championship, Lower, Non-League & Papa John's Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, is 7am really that early to wake up? Haha. Why would you do an all-nighter for a 7am start?
I’m up at 4 for work every day mate. The body clock usually gets me up at 5 at the latest. But I try & fight it

I’m up at 4 for work every day mate. The body clock usually gets me up at 5 at the latest. But I try & fight it

I'm very confused at how a 7am start is too early for you, but any excuse for a bag I guess. :p

Happy for 1 point but if we could stop conceding with less than 10 minutes to go I’d be happier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a great book about Wycombe's 19/20 season, in which thy won promotion and were bought by the Couhigs. Really smart operators - you can tell they had no delusions of grandeur. Having owned a minor league baseball team, they clearly knew where Wycombe stood in the pecking order. The first things they did included spend money on making the bars and foot outlets better, and then it's been on pre- and post-match entertainment, to give the fans something more for their money, and to try to attract more people to the ground. A very MiLB way of operating.

So it doesn't surprise me that they didn't go on a spending spree to try to stay in the Championship - a financially sustainable League One side would be fine for them, and if they can get the club to the Championship again, then it's all a bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back