Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I'm starting to feel like I'd just prefer to invest in Rachele as our match-winner, X-factor small forward, and then surround him with sidekick smalls

Obviously, see how Rankine goes next year, but if he goes the fourth year without really showing too much AFL promise, is it worth going down that path?

Yeah, I'm starting to feel like I'd just prefer to invest in Rachele as our match-winner, X-factor small forward, and then surround him with sidekick smalls

Obviously, see how Rankine goes next year, but if he goes the fourth year without really showing too much AFL promise, is it worth going down that path?

No, potential only gets you so far. You want to see return from an investment.

Never underestimate the year of a contract renewal!!! Watch him this year and we can talk tough as much as you want. Port will just pay and get the player they want. He is worth a mid first rounder
Right now he's worth a fun size mars bar.

Never underestimate the year of a contract renewal!!! Watch him this year and we can talk tough as much as you want. Port will just pay and get the player they want. He is worth a mid first rounder
He's a reserves footballer for the worst side in the AFL.

He has to improve a lot to be worth a second rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Rankine does choose come back to Adelaide, I hope he considers coming here. As much as I've knocked Nicks, I believe he'd do a better job of extracting some decent footy out of Rankine than Ken Hinkley.

Looks overs to me unless he lifts considerably on anything he's displayed at AFL level.

View attachment 1291605
Compare to Rowe, who I'm not convinced will make it..
6.8 kicks, 6.6 handballs, 2.3 marks, 0.8 goals, 1.9 tackles

Edit - I see you did the comparison later.

We didn't pay a mid 1st round pick for James Rowe which has been suggested here we give for Rankine,,
Exactly!

Rankine at this point in time is not worth a 1st rounder.

He is nowhere Dawson level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back