Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - NASIAH WANGANEEN-MILERA!

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at that, the North player got the ball off NWM, too outside, can't get his own ball

delist.

He might not be Terry's biological son but he's got the same build and mo.

To me it looks like the Saints have done everything that they intended to.

It feels like a fairly safe and uneventful year with no real shocks or surprises. Nice change after a few busy years with lots of moving parts and side trades.

Max King be like:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A mate of mine coached Nasiah at Marion and loves him. Here's what he had to say when I asked him about him. And, bear in mind, he loves him.....

He's a great kid. Humble and hard working, super talented. When they describe him at the best kick they aren't mucking around. He's had 3 seasons at Under 18 level and above already, so used to the big bodies already. He should play Rd 1. Already a better player than Brad Hill in my opinion.

“The best wingers in the competition possess similar attributes: They are reliable endurance athletes who are able to read the play well but, above all, they are patient.

Typically, the most effective wingers transition from a half-forward role and possess an attacking mindset, focused on gaining territory and getting the ball inside the forward 50.

Much of what a winger does in-game can go unnoticed, given the way the game is broadcast, as well the heavy focus on disposal numbers, but the most important aspect of the wing role is the restraint to stay outside of the contest, rather than dive in.

Maintaining space to provide an outlet at contested situations is vital, which means the best wingers in the competition are the most disciplined players.

For most footy players, the natural instinct is to hunt the ball but, when assigned to the wing, players must fight that instinct and, instead, trust that their inside midfielders will win the ball and feed it out to them.”

I think this is a great description of the role of the modern wing.

“The best wingers in the competition possess similar attributes: They are reliable endurance athletes who are able to read the play well but, above all, they are patient.

Typically, the most effective wingers transition from a half-forward role and possess an attacking mindset, focused on gaining territory and getting the ball inside the forward 50.

Much of what a winger does in-game can go unnoticed, given the way the game is broadcast, as well the heavy focus on disposal numbers, but the most important aspect of the wing role is the restraint to stay outside of the contest, rather than dive in.

Maintaining space to provide an outlet at contested situations is vital, which means the best wingers in the competition are the most disciplined players.

For most footy players, the natural instinct is to hunt the ball but, when assigned to the wing, players must fight that instinct and, instead, trust that their inside midfielders will win the ball and feed it out to them.”

I think this is a great description of the role of the modern wing.

there was a better explanation in an article i think from mitch robinson. basically theres 3 types of wingers you use on game day. its not just the traditional stay on the outside and use the ball well with endurance running. there's a defencive element to it now.

Unfortunately NWM hurt his knee at training this morning, after going for a mark and landing awkwardly!! Didn't look super bad....but they iced it straight away (back of knee), then compression sleeve. He was limping noticeably though. 🥺

Unfortunately NWM hurt his knee at training this morning, after going for a mark and landing awkwardly!! Didn't look super bad....but they iced it straight away (back of knee), then compression sleeve. He was limping noticeably though. 🥺
sigh. time to start the 2022 injury thread?

In totally unrelated news: The 2022 Saints Big Footy Sponsorship player is:

NASIAH WANGANEEN-MILERA

:p

Hey Scoop, what’s your crew think of the new class?
Is Stewart66 disappointed we didn’t select his boy Chesser?

Hey Scoop, what’s your crew think of the new class?
Is Stewart66 disappointed we didn’t select his boy Chesser?

Pretty happy with what we got. From the available vision, NWM is silk and getting the NGAs for next to nothing could prove to be an absolute bargain in the coming years. Windhager will be a beast in 2-3 years time. Personally, I think Kyle, given his lack of profile atm, could be the surprise packet of the group!

Stewie seems to be pretty happy with NWM but I think he still likes his boy Chesser. Maybe we can entice him back from the West in a couple of years?? 🤔

Last edited:
A mate of mine coached Nasiah at Marion and loves him. Here's what he had to say when I asked him about him. And, bear in mind, he loves him.....

He's a great kid. Humble and hard working, super talented. When they describe him at the best kick they aren't mucking around. He's had 3 seasons at Under 18 level and above already, so used to the big bodies already. He should play Rd 1. Already a better player than Brad Hill in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back