Totally nuffy things you have done or will do now that we have won a premiership (finally)

Remove this Banner Ad

You campaigners must have X-ray vision or something. I thought the Kayo vision was just fine. I mean sure, when they panned out on the crowd, all those people looked tiny and blurry...like the inside of a cataract.

But other than that, it is tip top.

Go with 100-7 in that case
Someone mentioned to me that if we win say 4 more premierships i could make it all the way around my arm. In that instance I’m absolutely doing it.

I just realised something nuffy about myself, I can recall an event in my life if Melbourne played on the day or night. On the weekend I went to the in-laws house to catch up, we couldn't exactly work out the last time we visited. My partners brother was adamant that we visited on his birthday at first this was denied by everyone but it occurred to me that we did visit them when Melbourne played port Adelaide on a Thursday night. I checked the fixture and sure enough it lined up with my partners brother's birthday which was July 8 which would have been just before lockdown. My partners mum still wasn't sure but I was 100% confident because of that game. It's definitely going to sad when I'm old and get alzheimer's disease, I won't remember my wife's name but will remember celebrating Melbourne's round 2 victory over North Melbourne in 1998 and jumping on my mates bed in excitement (I was 11 at the time)

I just assumed everyone did this, are you telling me it's weird that I remember the last time I played a proper game of footy was April 19, 1998 because it's the same day we pipped Carlton at Princes Park by a couple of points and Seecamp decked someone on half time?

Heheh.

I got my copy of Alice Cooper's Schools Out on cassette on the 27th of June 1993. I know this because the cassette player in Dad's old Ford station wagon was ****ed so we listened to radio on the drive back from Doncaster instead. The Sydney Swans broke a 26 game (413 day) losing streak against Dees lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heheh.

I got my copy of Alice Cooper's Schools Out on cassette on the 27th of June 1993. I know this because the cassette player in Dad's old Ford station wagon was f’ed so we listened to radio on the drive back from Doncaster instead. The Sydney Swans broke a 26 game (413 day) losing streak against Dees lol.

I reckon I could write a pretty comprehensive biography of my life based around matching dates up with footy games starting with listening to the radio on my sister's 3rd birthday (I was 5) to hear us beat the Dogs at Western Oval and make the finals for the first time since 1964. A few weeks later I was at the Melbourne Show on Preliminary Final day and heard all day the Demons were winning and going to make the GF only to find out as we were about to leave that they lost.

I'd like to say I remember specific dates like my wedding anniversary based on when Melbourne played but as if I'd be stupid enough to get married during footy season! 🤣🤣

I think people think September, it's spring, nicer weather, good time to get married. In reality September is really only late winter, with a small chance of getting a nice pleasant day. The fact that the weather is transitioning from cold to warm means that the bad days are often really terrible windy and wet. Add the fact that it's footy finals and It's the worst month to get married by far.

Actually reminds me of something else, but it's really beyond anyone's control. My sister was born in September and on the night of her 21st, Geelong played essendon in the semi final, essendon had eliminated Melbourne the week before, which is their last finals win. There was a small room at the back of the hall which had the footy on. Still remember my dad saying we could have been there, I don't think he was joking just trying to tease my sister, he was legit.

Anyway jono Brown talks about Leigh Matthew's banning the players from having sex in march in where conception could result in a child being born in finals time.

I think people think September, it's spring, nicer weather, good time to get married. In reality September is really only late winter, with a small chance of getting a nice pleasant day. The fact that the weather is transitioning from cold to warm means that the bad days are often really terrible windy and wet. Add the fact that it's footy finals and It's the worst month to get married by far.

Actually reminds me of something else, but it's really beyond anyone's control. My sister was born in September and on the night of her 21st, Geelong played essendon in the semi final, essendon had eliminated Melbourne the week before, which is their last finals win. There was a small room at the back of the hall which had the footy on. Still remember my dad saying we could have been there, I don't think he was joking just trying to tease my sister, he was legit.

Anyway jono Brown talks about Leigh Matthew's banning the players from having sex in march in where conception could result in a child being born in finals time.
So Leigh Matthews is a stranger to contraception then? Interesting

I’ve now pretty much completed my NUFFY collection now. Just in time for the 2022 season.

So tattoo is a tick
Gawn socks
Oliver socks
Viney socks
A permanent rotation of premiership T-shirts
Premiership cap
All the stuff that came in the membership pack
GF guarantee
Premiership DVDs with the different commentaries (in time for me to discover they are all up on YouTube)
I’ve framed and hung this thing:

1438A660-B28B-4ED3-9A75-3A2AE248ABD4.jpeg

And super excitingly, this arrived from the framing place yesterday. It weighs about 10 kilos though, so I’m going to have to put a bit of thought into how best to hang it from the picture rail.

636F3248-F587-4ED2-B17D-49E9B8CE9782.jpeg

Whoohoo!

I did it! Not too easy to hang a 10kg painting from a picture rail. Using two picture wires becomes really hard to get it even. But it worked! I can now die happy plus use the bathroom again

BDA373CE-C7F3-4866-8250-9B6CCB96C45D.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back