The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone else find the constant crying over the ballon d’or from Bayern and Lewandowski to be kind of pathetic and embarrassing? Never seen a player so desperate to win an individual award.

I swear football is the only team sport that values individual awards as much as team trophies. Not to mention the whole idea that a player winning team trophies somehow means they have to win an individual award as well.

It would be like the Brownlow winner coming from the premiership team every season. Great players don’t always play for great teams.

Anyone else find the constant crying over the ballon d’or from Bayern and Lewandowski to be kind of pathetic and embarrassing? Never seen a player so desperate to win an individual award.

I swear football is the only team sport that values individual awards as much as team trophies. Not to mention the whole idea that a player winning team trophies somehow means they have to win an individual award as well.

It would be like the Brownlow winner coming from the premiership team every season. Great players don’t always play for great teams.
The NBA and NFL are the same although that is largely media driven.

Except that's how the Ballon D'or works.

The NBA and NFL are the same although that is largely media driven.
Exactly …and Greg Williams for example hasn’t stopped sooking about losing ‘93 Brownlow.

Exactly …and Greg Williams for example hasn’t stopped sooking about losing ‘93 Brownlow.

No votes in a 44 disposal game, 2 each in a 35 and 37 disposal game. I would be sooking about it too.

Made it all the more delicious for his thuggish acts that year.

The only game I watched that year (before becoming a full time watcher of Carlton and the AFL in 1995) was the 1993 GF. So I wouldn’t know the year Greg Williams had in terms of “thuggish” acts in 1993.

The only game I watched that year (before becoming a full time watcher of Carlton and the AFL in 1995) was the 1993 GF. So I wouldn’t know the year Greg Williams had in terms of “thuggish” acts in 1993.
Actually may have been another year when I was thinking of ..there were so many! Look maybe he was a little stiff that particular game but it’s in context to the post about complaining about Lewa simply pointing out that other sports players regard individual awards just as much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually may have been another year when I was thinking of ..there were so many! Look maybe he was a little stiff that particular game but it’s in context to the post about complaining about Lewa simply pointing out that other sports players regard individual awards just as much.

I think VFL/AFL was so different in that era to now. Not that the game has become soft but players did so much back then that wouldn’t get a pass this era.

In regards to Lewa, I think it’s more to do with whatever bonus he has missed out on by not winning the Ballon d’Or that he thinks he deserves. That could be millions of dollars he has just missed out on.

Someone who accepted money under the table and got away with it whinging because he missed an AFL award. The cheek.

No votes in a 44 disposal game, 2 each in a 35 and 37 disposal game. I would be sooking about it too.

Abused the ump and gave away a 100m penalty in the game. No surprise he got no votes.

I'd say so. I'm honest enough to admit he was stiff too.

So long ago that it doesn’t even really matter. There are other bigger things to be disappointed in as a Carlton supporters. Like a lack of finals for 20 years. Gavin Wanganeen won the Brownlow and he was a hell of a player in his own right.

all the moaning is amusing because messi was again a deserving winner, while lewandowski should've won it the year previously. not much anyone can do about that.

team achievements should play a part though, but only really if a players has massively contributed to that success

In the NHL Media there is always a comment around players who should/shouldn't be in the hall of fame and it's always "have they won a championship" - 32 teams of 23 players (plus more in the minors).. it's not freaking easy even if you're a god. Then some players get hyped up because they won a few on a stacked team.

Nope it ain't pathetic its legit coz Messi is corrupt and joined PSG to get the Balon. He didn't deserve it, he also stole some from Xavi back in the day when he was more relevant about 12 yrs ago when Pep was in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back