Your pick for Captain.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boxxie2022

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Not yet. But he quite often is forced to play a selfless, thankless role and only gets better every year. Hopefully now we can see him have the shackles released more often. He's shown he can be a offensive threat, not just a defensively minded 2 way runner.

the first 2 lines is a big reason why he should get it. He has and is prepared to do the selfless tasks. He oozes leadership. Funnily enough Graham’s best games has been when he has had more responsibility with players missing.Long term prospect with plenty of short term assistance from “better credentialed” players. No one will ever forget the 19 prelim

Martin will be adjusting to playing a new style at the start of 2022 (as he's lost 10kgs due to his injury). I would prefer it if we let him focus on being the best player he could possibly be rather than put the pressure of captaincy on him.

I think Jack Graham is my preferred candidate at 24 y/o next season. Give him a year working alongside Cotchin before he retires and can be captain for 100+ games.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Basically you’re saying get Dusty to do the toss every week. He already leads internally, and it’s pretty clear he doesn’t like the media stuff. Sure, if he walked in one day and said ‘make me captain’ then you couldn’t say no, but short of that, what’s the point of giving it to him?
He's one of the best players of all time and is a leader.

boxxie2022

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Don’t need a title to address the group. We had Jack Higgins doing it on game day in 2018.

seen Jack Grimes and Dusty do it in the past. The players will obviously vote first so it will be interesting to see what the internal thoughts are. Dusty is likely to tell the boys to vote elsewhere as would Jack and shedda (due to age)
Jack Graham is held in very high regard internally. If not him it is likely to be lynch or grimes (if Dusty doesn’t want it)

boxxie2022

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
I respect Graham as a leader but Grimes and Vlastuin are ahead of him and if Graham loses form and gets dropped it will become a media circus.

wouldn’t be the first captain it would happen to and won’t be the last.
As long as the players are willing to follow him (they vote first) then all guns blazing and * the media

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Martin will be adjusting to playing a new style at the start of 2022 (as he's lost 10kgs due to his injury). I would prefer it if we let him focus on being the best player he could possibly be rather than put the pressure of captaincy on him.
He's already put most of the weight back on according to Peter Burge, it's just likely that he'll drop a couple of kgs compared to the 93kg he was last year

Back