Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
10 year anniversary of one of the greatest moments in Herald Sun history…

1638243704566.png

The great David Mackay has joined the hawks in an academy/Box Hill coaching role

Wednesday, March 16
Melbourne v Western Bulldogs, MCG, 7.10pm AEDT, Seven

Thursday, March 17
Carlton v Richmond, MCG, 7.25pm AEDT, Seven

Friday, March 18
St Kilda v Collingwood, Marvel Stadium, 7.50pm AEDT, Seven

Saturday, March 19
Geelong v Essendon, MCG, 2.10pm AEDT, Fox
Greater Western Sydney v Sydney, Accor Stadium, 5.10pm AEDT, Fox
Brisbane v Port Adelaide, Gabba, 7.10pm AEST, Seven

Sunday, March 20
Hawthorn v North Melbourne, MCG, 1.10pm AEDT, Fox
Adelaide v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval, 3.40pm ACDT, Fox
West Coast v Gold Coast, Optus Stadium, 4.40pm AWST, Fox

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Bit pissed we thrown away our Collingwood opener. It was great exposure for us.

Plus giving Melbourne the opportunity to rub more salt into the wound.

Shitness all round.

I guess the one s**t thing about a GF rematch in Round 1. One team lost the GF, so they have to sit and watch the flag unveiling and then potentially lose. And tbh, whether you win and lose in Round 1, you have still lost given the pre-game festivities.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
I guess the one sh*t thing about a GF rematch in Round 1. One team lost the GF, so they have to sit and watch the flag unveiling and then potentially lose. And tbh, whether you win and lose in Round 1, you have still lost given the pre-game festivities.
Yep. Nothing in it for us to gain.

Plus Wednesday nights can * off.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
2pm Saturday…great..best time slot to go to the footy

Unfortunately those time slots are as rare as hens teeth these days.
TV Viewing/Ratings is all the League cares about these days.

I would like more games with Freo, North etc in prime time slots on FTA and far less Collingwood, St Kilda etc (beats me why the Saints keep getting juicy FTA prime time games)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Was gonna rage at hosting the Dons but having to go to Melbourne but forgot we’ve demolished a stand

Mate you have a guaranteed 4 points in the bag, can't remember the last time Essendon beat Geelong, whereas we have been Richmond's bitches for years.

Was gonna rage at hosting the Dons but having to go to Melbourne but forgot we’ve demolished a stand
You should be used to it after doing it for 25+ years.

We have close family friends who lived in Geelong so from the late 70s and throughout the 80s we used to go to all the Ess/Cats games. Came back for first time last year and we went to the pre season game at KP, couldn’t make the game later in the season. Felt great to be back at the ground …real feeling of old surburban grounds which I miss. Don’t mind if it becomes a regular thing.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Mate you have a guaranteed 4 points in the bag, can't remember the last time Essendon beat Geelong, whereas we have been Richmond's bitches for years.

Carlton would make the finals quite regularly if we could just play Fremantle every week.

We’ve lost two of our last 5 to the Dons…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back