Channel 10, Paramount Plus TV Rights Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, I meant Kayo.

Regardless, my point is these idiotic streaming services can't keep splintering coverage and expect us to sign up for everything. 3 required for soccer basically, it's ludicrous. It takes me seconds to get an HD quality stream, no apps, no sign-ins, no subscription, it works which is more than Paramount can say for the weekend apparently

Yeah it takes you seconds, but that's also theft. You can't complain because a company wants to charge you for a product if you want to do the right thing. Think it works out to less than 50 cents per match per month to watch the A-League on P+. Hardly breaking the bank. Especially if you split it with one or two people.

The league's been back for four days, they'll work out the kinks.

It has been fine for me tonight. In the Reddit match thread most people are saying it is fine but some are still having problems. I think those are people watching on the TV through the app or chromecast.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
So I couldn't login on my PC tonight but the App on my iPad is fine, Going on the socials lots of reports that people can't even login on their TV's
They've stuffed it up again! teething problems etc.. etc.. I know but get you s**t together Paramount!

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Haven’t had an issue yet.

wouldnt call it selling out either.
For the 1st time we have a station wanting to do well for the sport.

I assume you are talking about FTA network.

Said previously, they need at least 2 games on Free to Air a week for the A League to start thriving and get into the commercial/casual sporting fans consciousness, hopefully that happens with the next round of expansion.

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Haven’t had an issue yet.

wouldnt call it selling out either.
For the 1st time we have a station wanting to do well for the sport.
Wanting to and having the ability to do are two very different things. It's a greedy decision by the FFA. The lack of exposure, most games aren't even being advertised is simply a disaster. I can't see many families adding yet another streaming service just so their kids can watch a game. I can't see this lasting as paramount will probably go bust.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I assume you are talking about FTA network.

Said previously, they need at least 2 games on Free to Air a week for the A League to start thriving and get into the commercial/casual sporting fans consciousness, hopefully that happens with the next round of expansion.
I mean the whole deal.
For us to get a 2nd game on FTA we need at least 14 sides 100%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Wanting to and having the ability to do are two very different things. It's a greedy decision by the FFA. The lack of exposure, most games aren't even being advertised is simply a disaster. I can't see many families adding yet another streaming service just so their kids can watch a game. I can't see this lasting as paramount will probably go bust.

Lol been more promotion for the league than at any time of a national comp for the sport.
For the 1st time the FTA game is prime time Saturday on the main channel.
Paramount are actually purchasing shares in the league.
There are a few things that need fixing/improving and have no doubt it will.
Optus was worse when it started and fans now love it.

Greedy? No Lol seems like nothing would make you happy.

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lol been more promotion for the league than at any time of a national comp for the sport.
For the 1st time the FTA game is prime time Saturday on the main channel.
Paramount are actually purchasing shares in the league.
There are a few things that need fixing/improving and have no doubt it will.
Optus was worse when it started and fans now love it.

Greedy? No Lol seems like nothing would make you happy.
Of course 10 play it as ratings aren't on the weekend and most people don't watch free to air anymore. So they can play it for reduced ratings and not worry about losing revenue. And no, the advertising is rubbish. Don't make stuff up to suit your argument

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Of course 10 play it as ratings aren't on the weekend and most people don't watch free to air anymore. So they can play it for reduced ratings and not worry about losing revenue. And no, the advertising is rubbish. Don't make stuff up to suit your argument

you are a joke 🤣 haven’t made one thing up.
name one time football was advertised as much and on the main channel?

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Reckon I'm hearing more promo on the radio during the week for the FTA game than I can remember hearing for any A League game in the past but I also believe there needs to be a second FTA game too in order to grow. It would only be die hards and club members tuning in currently. Paramount doesn't have a draw card so casuals aren't going to grab a Paramount sub just for A League. Foxtel is already in a lot of homes so curious viewers could still tune in. IMO it can't be compared to EPL and Optus. EPL is it's own brand and viewers will follow it anywhere. I would have thought someone like BeIN would have been an awesome fit (assuming they were interested enough to stump the cash). Imagine tuning into A League Matchday on BeIN then it leading into the Championship or Bundesliga or something at midnight.

Are you joking? This is the most advertising the league has just about ever had, we get access to two FTA games through the goal rush initiative so more teams get FTA exposure each week, they're doing a huge amount for the game.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
you are a joke 🤣 haven’t made one thing up.
name one time football was advertised as much and on the main channel?
I dont think its been advertised at all tbh. I had no idea when it started until i saw aleague odds pop up on SB. None of my sports mad mates had a clue either but none of us watch FTA tv. Maybe its advertised alot there?

My old man said its been advertised well also. Baffled me at first but guess it depends what you watch midweek...

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
Tim Paine sending txt messages seems to be getting more coverage than the entire league atm.. 🤮

My only gripe this round with Paramount is the "Are you still Watching" pop up that interrupted the game for me about 70mins in.. Of course I'm still bloody watching, Western United's giving City FC another hiding!

I dont think its been advertised at all tbh. I had no idea when it started until i saw aleague odds pop up on SB. None of my sports mad mates had a clue either but none of us watch FTA tv. Maybe its advertised alot there?

My old man said its been advertised well also. Baffled me at first but guess it depends what you watch midweek...
Advertising all over FTA but also all over Facebook, Twitter, print media. You'd have to be living under a rock to miss it.

Lol who watches FTA or reads print media
You don't use Twitter or Facebook?

No s**t if you avoid advertising mediums you won't see ads.

Back