Player Watch Patrick Lipinski

Damm !!!! in which case the WHE resemblance seems stronger... but I will bow to Jen's greater knowledge...

You'll see the kind of player he is as we go through pre-season. Wont have to take my word for it haha.

WHE was a forward who can play on the wing who plays taller than he is. Great in the air.
Lippa is a midfielder whose best postion is midfield (even though he was forced to play wing at the dogs, so thats still something he can do) and he can go down and kick goals. Very clean by hand and foot. Can burst through a stoppage as per some recent drills. Loves to run and carry, help out teammates and the ball carrier. Will be the best I50 kick we have on this team.
Never misses a target and lets every disposal count.

Really liking the way Lipinski is training this preseason, working his butt off. Definate starter and I have a sneeking suspision he is going to be our best new player this season.
I agree. Has been very outstanding. Amongst it all. His work rate is insane. Doesn't stop working or running. You can tell he aims to keep getting better in everything.
I've got a good feeling about this one. Not afraid of hard work that's for sure.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree. Has been very outstanding. Amongst it all. His work rate is insane. Doesn't stop working or running. You can tell he aims to keep getting better in everything.
I've got a good feeling about this one. Not afraid of hard work that's for sure.

Jeez Jen you're really building him up here!

Lets see if he keeps his spot in the best 22 first.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Without the desire to push oneself no amount of talent will take you to the top.

True that remains to be seen. But he has been putting his best foot forward so far. That’s a start. Can’t do anymore than that at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Amen to that Jen.

Talent without the desire necessary to realize it's promise.
Yeah. I always say -- Talent gets you in the door, but its the hard work and desire to improve, will be the turning point of having a long career or a short one.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah. I always say -- Talent gets you in the door, but its the hard work and desire to improve, will be the turning point of having a long career or a short one.
It's truly disheartening Jen - Sier and JDG, both highly talented and AFL capable - neither willing to make the effort to capitalize on their god given talents.

It's truly disheartening Jen - Sier and JDG, both highly talented and AFL capable - neither willing to make the effort to capitalize on their god given talents.
Yeah, waste of talent. The blokes that think they'll succeed on talent alone concern me the most. Rude awakening.

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood

Jeez Kappa you’re really being pessimistic here!

Let’s just chill for once and fight that instinct to take a negative view about almost everything.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jeez Kappa you’re really being pessimistic here!

Let’s just chill for once and fight that instinct to take a negative view about almost everything.

You do understand that’s not pessimism right? It’s waiting and seeing what happens? Jeez some people are so pessimistic.

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
You do understand that’s not pessimism right? It’s waiting and seeing what happens? Jeez some people are so pessimistic.

Your comment questioning his ability to hold down a best 22 position is negative for a bloke several years in to his career, with 50 odd games to his name, and just recruited on a 3 year deal.

Only in the world of Kappa is that not negative.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Your comment questioning his ability to hold down a best 22 position is negative for a bloke several years in to his career, with 50 odd games to his name, and just recruited on a 3 year deal.

Only in the world of Kappa is that not negative.

Ah yes, because pointing out a player who has on averaged played 11 games per year... is a fringe player until he proves otherwise, is being negative. Take a deep breath and find something else to be outraged over.

Back