News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also DR this COVID situation is incredibly stressful and could cause hundreds of thousands of people between 30 and 45 to end up with heart disease because of post pandemic stress disorder.

Given how rare it is he should be the only one then.

Happened to a basketball player too.

It is rare but it’s also true that young healthy males are more likely to be hospitalised from the vaccination then they are from covid. Young healthy males are getting vaccinated more for the rest of the communities benefit then their own.

Happened to a basketball player too.

It is rare but it’s also true that young healthy males are more likely to be hospitalised from the vaccination then they are from covid. Young healthy males are getting vaccinated more for the rest of the communities benefit then their own.

Fair enough too. We send 'em off to die in wars at the drop of a hat.

BTW PTSD does seriously increase your risk of Coronary Heart Disease. That is a thing so there is a chance there is some truth in that article about so many people being at risk from heart disease due to PPSD (Post Pandemic Stress Disorder.)

Early days I know, but, with the virus looking like it’s mutating into a less serious and with our high percentage of vaccination rates, I’d be ok with them looking at loosening restrictions on the unvaccinated if it pans out like that.

So far the data is showing that the new variant is out competing the older, more deadly variants. Which is obviously fantastic if it is indeed quite mild.

Early days I know, but, with the virus looking like it’s mutating into a less serious and with our high percentage of vaccination rates, I’d be ok with them looking at loosening restrictions on the unvaccinated if it pans out like that.

So far the data is showing that the new variant is out competing the older, more deadly variants. Which is obviously fantastic if it is indeed quite mild.

I'm seeing conflicting info on the severity of symptoms. Hospitalisations in Gauteng seem to be rocketing up recently, especially among children.

I'm seeing conflicting info on the severity of symptoms. Hospitalisations in Gauteng seem to be rocketing up recently, especially among children.
Allegedly many of those children's hospitalisations are precautionary or coincidental as the kids were tested in hospital for other conditions.

A bit like most of the childrens hospitalisations in NSW, tho in NSW there were also kids hospitalised for welfare reasons. Both parents in hospital and no one to care for them for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you say ‘ areas hit hardest by the new variant’.
Where specifically are you talking about ?

Yeah all I’ve heard is positive, the worst thing I’ve heard about the new variant is what the world has done to Africa by shutting them out. Admittedly I only get that sort of news from the BBC world news podcast they put out twice a day, but so far it seems everyone is quietly optimistic about the recent strain.

They’re far more critical of the travel bans from Africa and the health consequences of them then they’re concerned about the virus itself.

received_2331652066969529.jpeg

I'm hoping the anecdotal reports of hospitals looking a bit different compared to previous waves and less supplemental oxygen needed are good signs, but with graphs like this it's best not to rejoice just yet.

Yeah all I’ve heard is positive, the worst thing I’ve heard about the new variant is what the world has done to Africa by shutting them out. Admittedly I only get that sort of news from the BBC world news podcast they put out twice a day, but so far it seems everyone is quietly optimistic about the recent strain.

They’re far more critical of the travel bans from Africa and the health consequences of them then they’re concerned about the virus itself.

Agree that the travel bans suck, all it does is discourage countries from sharing data and looking for new variants.

Cheers
I think we’re in a much better position to combat any new variant compared to STH Africa.
Not only because we’re a wealthier nation and in theory we should have a better hospital system.
But I just did a quick google search and S.A are only at 25% fully vaccinated and we’re at 74%

Cheers
I think we’re in a much better position to combat any new variant compared to STH Africa.
Not only because we’re a wealthier nation and in theory we should have a better hospital system.
But I just did a quick google search and S.A are only at 25% fully vaccinated and we’re at 74%

I hope you're right. SA has a high natural immunity rate allegedly and a very young population.

Cheers

This video is a good funny look at why we need to be focusing on vaccinating poorer nations rather then richer countries hoarding the vaccines and focusing on booster shots.

This video is a good funny look at why we need to be focusing on vaccinating poorer nations rather then richer countries hoarding the vaccines and focusing on booster shots.

This is why I was banging on about the TRIPS waiver and why it was crap that everyone's saviour Bill Gates' organisation GAVI was opposed to it for so long.

It might turn out to be a good thing but its still too early to call it.

This is why I was banging on about the TRIPS waiver and why it was crap that everyone's saviour Bill Gates' organisation GAVI was opposed to it for so long.

It might turn out to be a good thing but its still too early to call it.

I literally don’t know what you’re writing about

I literally don’t know what you’re writing about

The code, IP, or whatever they call it should be free for everyone with the credentials to duplicate. s**t like this is why capitalism sucks. Companies looking to get big bank off a pandemic is gross. It also feeds the conspiracy narrative that the only reason ivermectin etc are literally getting banned from the mainstream narrative is because there’s no money to be made if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back