List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sold on him at the price he'll be commanding.
If the pies have a bad season maybe he might want out at a reasonable price...He is a very good attacking defender and reminds me of David Dench..

Last I read on the topic… it seems only us, the Crows, * and Hawthorn had significant salary cap space this year, but all clubs were expecting an extra $1.6m next season with the expected resumption of a more or less normal season post lockdown. Still, you’d think the suitors for a $800k+ a year defender would be kinda limited under the circumstances… given everyone’s preexisting contracts and many clubs committed to reversing the temporary salary cuts.

When is Ben King OOC? I know he is killing it as a forward but he was a freakishly good defender at junior level.

Think Harris Andrews with better contested marking and better closing speed.

When is Ben King OOC? I know he is killing it as a forward but he was a freakishly good defender at junior level.

End of 2022

Can't believe we didn't nail the 19th pick of a mid season draft

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
They gave him the arse 4 months after they drafted him. That he was on our list for such a short amount of time, would perhaps suggest our recruitment team didn't do enough due diligence on him. Even if it was the 19th pick of the mid season draft, it was still a wasted draft pick.

They gave him the arse 4 months after they drafted him. That he was on our list for such a short amount of time, would perhaps suggest our recruitment team didn't do enough due diligence on him. Even if it was the 19th pick of the mid season draft, it was still a wasted draft pick.
would have just ended up as another HBF on our list.
You don't know what the off field stuff was like or how he trained etc.
Agree it was a very short time but there's a lot of factors there.
Risks of nominating in the mid season draft I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably one of those things in that he was a free hit. That list spot was by proxy of a LTI. No doubt we hoped to get a sustained look during an uninterrupted VFL. I feel for the kid in that he couldn’t have had more hurdles but can’t begrudge the club giving themselves exclusive previews.

Kids get dropped, it happens. Be worse if they kept him on beyond eatablishing that he just doesnt have it.

Kitchen sink at young Ben - hopefully we have showed good signs next year to show him the vision.
Talk is Aints but you never know

Every side and their dog will be offering Ben King a contract. There's not way he's going to come to North with the offer that he'll play a position he did 4 years ago as a junior.

Kitchen sink at young Ben - hopefully we have showed good signs next year to show him the vision.
Talk is Aints but you never know
We will need the kitchen sink ourselves over the next few years. With Comben, CCJ, Edwards and Larkey coming through, not sure if going after King is the right move unless we off load Larkey or Comben. I would rather we chase Moore, biggest need.

How much would caleb daniel be on?
Reckon he'd do ok in the backline.
Really rate his passes

We will need the kitchen sink ourselves over the next few years. With Comben, CCJ, Edwards and Larkey coming through, not sure if going after King is the right move unless we off load Larkey or Comben. I would rather we chase Moore, biggest need.

King was a junior gun backman

I've read this about a dozen times in this thread.

I mean, we just recruited 3 x medium defenders in Goater, Bergman and Archer.

Then there's McDonald, Perez, Bonar, P.Walker, Hayden, Young and Atu.

When you add Hall and Ziebell, thats about 30% of our list who are medium defenders next year.

At some point you have to back the investment.

I will flip if we go after a half back on serious coin $$$.

This.

We have been sh*t for far too long and it's easy to forget. But sides will be coming after our players for the first time in about 2 decades in the very near future.

The likes of Thomas, JHF, Simpkin, LDU, Phillips, Powell, McKay, Larkey are all going to demand serious dollars in the future.

I, like you, think the time for $1m+ mercenaries is probably over. We now have an attractive list that if we went after someone like Moore, it has to be the same money as every other club is offering to pry him out, there's no longer any North tax to jump down the food chain. Our selling point now is we close to the strongest collection of young players in the league.

We are going to need every cent we have within the next 3 years.

I think going after B grade types to fill in the list will be the way to go, similar to what the Dogs did with Keath. Players will play for unders if its a genuine chance of success.
Hayden, Young, Atu, P Walker may be gone in 12 mths time and the rookies may not make it. Whilst its nice to have lots of options, if Short is available we would be mad not to consider him because we have those aforementioned players on our list. Short would be the best of that whole group, if recruiting him means the bottom couple are shuffled away so be it.

Just relax on the KPD speculation, trust the process because there’s something big brewing for us in 2023…

I’ll give you a hint it starts with the letter J..
James and last name start with S and may play for hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back