Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[
So funny you are - you couldn’t put me in my place in a thousand years.

As I said you have no idea who I am, what I do in retirement and trust me I have many fingers in many pies.

This is a bit of a side show for me and a bit of fun at your expense.

Have a nice week working.

Lol. That seems to be a common theme there Billy Bunter

put some of the pies down ;)

If lying is such an issue, can you just refresh me on your position with respect to Trump? I thought you loved him?
You want to talk trump after the last 10 months of the biden admin and compare do you..i mean we could literally run an entire thread on the total shitshow thats been made of america under this democrat admin..of which lying daily is just one tiny part

Buyers remorse literally could not be bigger over there right now

You want to talk trump after the last 10 months of the biden admin and compare do you..i mean we could literally run an entire thread on the total shitshow thats been made of america under this democrat admin..of which lying daily is just one tiny part

Buyers remorse literally could not be bigger over there right now
BDS - Biden Derangement Syndrome

I'm not sure he announced that but he did announce Shorten had won the last election only to lose. Now he's gone for the double header and announced Morrison and Marshall will lose.

He has also on a more disturbing note announced that he has no issue with those unvaccinated die from from Covid, he's gloated about it in fact.
He alse welches on bets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FTFY..get it right
No... I had it right. You're the one suffering from BDS.

Such a snowflake. Happy to throw out the TDS accusation against anyone who doesn't share the delusional stupidity of the far right, but throw a tantrum whenever your own BDS is pointed out to you.

No... I had it right. You're the one suffering from BDS.

Such a snowflake. Happy to throw out the TDS accusation against anyone who doesn't share the delusional stupidity of the far right, but throw a tantrum whenever your own BDS is pointed out to you.

look at you pretending to be some sort of authority on imaginary terminology.

Evidence is insufficient to back mandatory NHS staff vaccination, says House of Lords committee

Looks like very good preliminary news for both vaccinated and unvaccinated in regards to omicron. Omnicron has supplanted the other more dangerous variants (Delta) fairly quickly due to its highly contagious nature. They are seeing highly reduced illness from omicron at this stage. We may have found the more transmissible and less lethal variant. Next two weeks should give us a definitive conclusion. Omicron is completely dominant over Delta in South Africa at this stage.(100% of infections are omicron). They still need further investigation into whether omicron could cause long COVID or not.

Important question:
Can omnicron mutate back to a more lethal variant? It cannot. In order for it to become more lethal it will need to become less transmissible which won't happen as the more transmissible variant is dominant over a less transmissible variant. Any future dominant variants would only be more transmissible and less lethal. If this information pans out to be totally correct the quicker omicron spreads the less disease we should see from Delta.

Last edited:
Evidence is insufficient to back mandatory NHS staff vaccination, says House of Lords committee

“The report said that of the 208 000 NHS staff [out of 1.3 million] who weren’t currently vaccinated 54 000 (26%) would take up the vaccine under the law and 126 000 (61%) would leave their jobs.”

~10% of the workforce would resign? Big assumption. That certainly hasn’t been the experience in Australia or any other developed country that I’m aware of.

I suppose there’s no skin lost telling a pollster you’ll quit your job, actually doing it on the other hand is another matter.

Last edited:

The immuno-suppressed patients would strongly suggest otherwise.

Also if like Australia, many vaccinated clinicians don't want to work with unvqccinated colleagues.

It's not straight forward.

Fortunately a very minor issue here.

Looks like very good preliminary news for both vaccinated and unvaccinated in regards to omicron. Omnicron has supplanted the other more dangerous variants (Delta) fairly quickly due to its highly contagious nature. They are seeing highly reduced illness from omicron at this stage. We may have found the more transmissible and less lethal variant. Next two weeks should give us a definitive conclusion. Omicron is completely dominant over Delta in South Africa at this stage.(100% of infections are omicron). They still need further investigation into whether omicron could cause long COVID or not.

Important question:
Can omnicron mutate back to a more lethal variant? It cannot. In order for it to become more lethal it will need to become less transmissible which won't happen as the more transmissible variant is dominant over a less transmissible variant. Any future dominant variants would only be more transmissible and less lethal. If this information pans out to be totally correct the quicker omicron spreads the less disease we should see from Delta.
Early signs are looking like we have far less to worry about with omricon compared to delta.

Most patients with covid are in the hopsital for reasons other than covid.

Only 9% required ventilation for covid.

Let's hope this is a fair reflection of the nee variant as it appears far better option of community spread than delta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back