Opinion Non-Crows AFL 4: The Centre Cannot Hold

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The umpires have been backed in every single time by the AFL that their view now is it's not their fault if a wrong decision influences the game.

As there is no way to criticize or hold them to account the Umpiring has only gotten worse.

So yesterday I noticed that a NZ bowler of Indian origin took 10 wickets in a single innings. Big deal, why raise it in this thread?:think:

I just thought he may have been a Crows supporter thats all. :$

Well done on taking 10/119

Finally after 14 games, Newcastle United have won a game, maybe we won’t be relegated. All the hatred towards Newcastle is sad considering we have won anything in over 50 years. I’ve supported them as long as the crows

Finally after 14 games, Newcastle United have won a game, maybe we won’t be relegated. All the hatred towards Newcastle is sad considering we have won anything in over 50 years. I’ve supported them as long as the crows
It's got much to do with their new owners.

And it's justified.

It's got much to do with their new owners.

And it's justified.
I understand completely but other teams have done the same for years and been fine but now it’s not?? Newcastle have been crap for years and we have been suffering under Mike Ashley who didn’t spend a cent. We have gone from one end to the other. They have even change to sponsorship agreements due to us. Man U and Man city have big deals with the Arab countries but they are stopping us for getting them.

finny if I think about as an Adelaide crows fan, we feel harshly done by with umpiring and draft tampering. It must be me 😂 because it’s now happening toNewcastle as well. It proves that there is never an even playing field anywhere

Man Utd don't, but City do and they are always in the press in a negative light.

Saudi human rights abuses though..... Next level.

Since we are on other sports anyone else going to join me in saying good riddance to Cambage

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
When you resort to producing media on Only Fans, it speaks volumes of ones character, when you consider she has a "reasonable" income playing basketball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Handy pick up for the Panthers Oscar Brownless, no star but very handy all round skills and an absolute running machine.

Averaged over 22 disposals in the VFL this season and runner up in the Cats VFL B & F this season.

One thing that I will say that the AFL has over the EPL, almost every AFL has had an opportunity to realistically win a flag in the last 20 years.

Bar the basket cases, Suns and Blues (anybody else? when did North last play in a GF?) every other Club has made it to the big dance.

Compare that to the EPL and its like chalk and cheese.

One thing that I will say that the AFL has over the EPL, almost every AFL has had an opportunity to realistically win a flag in the last 20 years.

Bar the basket cases, Suns and Blues (anybody else? when did North last play in a GF?) every other Club has made it to the big dance.

Compare that to the EPL and its like chalk and cheese.

Its because soccer was seduced by super teams during the professional explosion of the 90s. Since then its been which ever club has the richest billionaire wins the championship. Its happened in leagues all over the world. The culture is even in Australia. Where many expert soccer commentators think Sydney FC and Melbourne City deserve the biggest and best recruits. Its like this ingrained expectation that the same teams should battle it out every year and the rest of the clubs are feeder clubs. Unless you are a fan of the top 6 clubs in the EPL or the Real Madrid and Barca in Spain or Bayern in Germany etc how can you get exited about any season.

Its because soccer was seduced by super teams during the professional explosion of the 90s. Since then its been which ever club has the richest billionaire wins the championship. Its happened in leagues all over the world. The culture is even in Australia. Where many expert soccer commentators think Sydney FC and Melbourne City deserve the biggest and best recruits. Its like this ingrained expectation that the same teams should battle it out every year and the rest of the clubs are feeder clubs. Unless you are a fan of the top 6 clubs in the EPL or the Real Madrid and Barca in Spain or Bayern in Germany etc how can you get exited about any season.
You look at the 2015-16 Leicester season and realise any year can be your year?

You look at the 2015-16 Leicester season and realise any year can be your year?
that was a fluke.

It is possible to fluke an AFL flag, you cannot fluke winning the EPL title thats played over the entire season over ~38 games.

Leicester played like a champion team and beat teams full of champions.

Definitely not a fluke, but its rare.

Absolutely correct, the big 6 in the EPL can get an extra $100 million a year too if they finish in the top 4 and play champions league. This is why teams like Tottenham and Arsenal are angry as if Newcastle start rising up the ladder, they will lose out big time.
they won’t have the extra money to pay higher wages and entice the better players to their club. I love watching soccer but it’s the have or have nots that’s the biggest issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back