Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Pick 28 - Tyler Sonsie

Remove this Banner Ad

If he had that performance for our VFL side and we passed him over twice (at 7 fair enough, but two picks in the 20’s) I’d be filthy. Rumours Hawthorn weren’t happy with his defensive side. Bloody hell, that can be taught. I’d be focusing on the good things, which there are many of
He may end up terrorising the Hawks every time we play them. Wouldn't that be a great thing!

Based on 2 min of vision and audio, looks like a highly skilled and beautifully balanced smug campaigner.
Cross between Chris Knights and Rhys Mathieson.

Main reason for slipping is he apparently has massive tickets on himself

Confidence not something he lacks as long as he works hard no real issues
I'll be ok as long as we don't see any Duursma style bow and arrow celebrations :drunk:

If he had that performance for our VFL side and we passed him over twice (at 7 fair enough, but two picks in the 20’s) I’d be filthy. Rumours Hawthorn weren’t happy with his defensive side. Bloody hell, that can be taught. I’d be focusing on the good things, which there are many of
Dusty has no Defensive side. ;)
Just saying.

If he had that performance for our VFL side, Essendon would have drafted him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mind that he buys tickets to his own show. As soon as he lines up next to the likes of Dusty at training and realises how much work needs to be done he'll pull his head in.
Players who had massive tickets on themselves

Figjam bucks
Steve Johnson
Lids

If he’s half as good as any of them we have a player

Hopefully Sonsie has had a check beign picked so late (comparatively). And he'll turn up and find himself alongside Brownlow medallists and a team on a mission. First thing to learn lad, how to win a premiership.

Now go and run with Lambo and hope you can keep up.

Hopefully Sonsie has had a check beign picked so late (comparatively). And he'll turn up and find himself alongside Brownlow medallists and a team on a mission. First thing to learn lad, how to win a premiership.

Now go and run with Lambo and hope you can keep up.
Lambo going to be busy.
Rcd & Sonsie in tow.

Main reason for slipping is he apparently has massive tickets on himself

Confidence not something he lacks as long as he works hard no real issues

Reading between the lines Matty Clarke was possibly referring to this on the talking tigers podcast.

Paraphrasing from memory he said on Sonsie "obviously when they get to the club it's all up to the player. But we feel like we have the right environment to help him thrive".

As others pointed out it's not a bad thing at all if he backs it up with the required work. Can even be a good thing if he is so confident he knows he can pull of things on the field others can only dream of.

Reading between the lines Matty Clarke was possibly referring to this on the talking tigers podcast.

Paraphrasing from memory he said on Sonsie "obviously when they get to the club it's all up to the player. But we feel like we have the right environment to help him thrive".

As others pointed out it's not a bad thing at all if he backs it up with the required work. Can even be a good thing if he is so confident he knows he can pull of things on the field others can only dream of.

Besides Dusty, the best players are often full of themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back