Prediction 2022 Best 22 Teams and discussion

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, Rockets, Glasgow Rangers
This is how I'd expect us to line up next year, with a full list to pick from.

FREO
FB: Ryan, Pearce, Logue
HB: Clark, Cox, Young
C: Tucker, Fyfe, Aish
HF: Sturt, Taberner, Schultz
FF: Walters, Treacy, Lobb
R: Darcy, Brayshaw, Serong
INT: Mundy, Henry, Frederick, Colyer

PEEL
FB: Wilson, Hamling, Hughes
HB: Walker, Chapman, O'Driscoll
C: Johnson, Blakely, Worner
HF: Banfield, Benning, Erasmus
FF: Western, Amiss, Switkowski
R: Meek, Valente, Crowden
INT: Acres,

I know Colyer may raise some eyebrows, but can't knock his 2021 and we're still not blessed with speed. Also hoping we see more of Henry on the wing next year.

LOL, Acres can't make the starting 18 for Peel.

Troy Cooked It

Senior List
Jul 3, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
HB: Young, Cox, Clarke
C: Fredrick, Brayshaw, Aish
HF: Sturt, Lobb, Walters
FF: Schultz, Taberner, Switta
R: Darcy, Fyfe, Serong
INT: Walker, Henry, Chapman, Mundy
E: Treacy, Erasmus, Wilson, Hamling, Tucker
I think you and I are on the same brainwaves here, 100% agreement. What I think the round 1 team will be just some shuffling of the positions.

Purple Pills

Debutant
Jul 10, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think you and I are on the same brainwaves here, 100% agreement. What I think the round 1 team will be just some shuffling of the positions.
If this was the team we had for rd1 I'd feel pretty confident about our chances.

As you put together a best 22 it becomes obvious the lack of HIGH quality Forwards we have. With where our list is at I'd love to see the club not only focus exclusively on drafting forwards at the next draft but also go after a quality small/medium forward at the trade table.

Maybe someone like Charlie Cameron or kosiah pickett? Just a high impact X factor type player. Doesn't feel like we have one of those at the moment and most top teams do.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
HB: Walker, Hamling, Young
C: Clark, Serong, Aish
HF: Fredrick, Lobb, Switta
FF: Sturt, Tabs, Treacy
R: Darcy, Fyfe, Brayshaw

Int: Walters, Chapman, Mundy, Schulz
Emergency : Erasmus, Banfield, Tucker

Solid team.
Really think Clark’s football is on the wing. Too many spots for half back, hardly any for pacy wing.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
If this was the team we had for rd1 I'd feel pretty confident about our chances.

As you put together a best 22 it becomes obvious the lack of HIGH quality Forwards we have. With where our list is at I'd love to see the club not only focus exclusively on drafting forwards at the next draft but also go after a quality small/medium forward at the trade table.

Maybe someone like Charlie Cameron or kosiah pickett? Just a high impact X factor type player. Doesn't feel like we have one of those at the moment and most top teams do.

Welcome aboard.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
You dare offend cyclone by placing him in the emergency list. You will pay for your sins.

PowerToThePurpl

All Australian
Jun 28, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
FB: Ryan Pearce Logue
HB: Clark Cox Young
C: Chapman Fyfe Tucker
HF: Shultz Treacy Walters
FF: Switkowski Taberner Lobb
R: Darcy Brayshaw Serong
I/C: Mundy Aish Henry Frederick

I believe Hamling and Sturt are walk-up best 22 though due to the amount of football they’ve missed over the past 2 years they’ll need some WAFL games to get up to speed. Walker, Colyer and Brodie also unlucky to begin with but will press their claims for a recall and may find themselves in the team early in the season.

Tipping Chapman to be trialled as a wingman due to his competitiveness and endurance, reckon he will be groomed to become a Mitch Robinson type winger in the future and will eventually have stints in the middle. If not, his position with Aish will be swapped but will still be in the team starting on the bench. Really excited about what Chappy can bring to the team long-term.

Erasmus, Amiss, Johnson, Benning and Worner will all start their careers developing at Peel barring any injury. Worner a smoky early debutant as he has 1 year of development on the other draftees and is really the only pure wingman on our list.

If this team stays relatively healthy I don’t see any reason why we can’t make top 8 next year. Our engine room is powerful and our backline is one of the best in the comp.

Dayts

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Won’t get stuck into a B22, but would like to say that Aish & Tucker will be starting wings with Clark rotating through there.
noise out of the club that Clark’s gonna start at HB, that’s easy.
Aish is JLs pet so he’s gonna get a game, and no room down back so it’ll be a wing. And Tucker talking about playing there after signing his extension seems likey to be there.

Fredick maybe, but I like his forward50 pressure and Henry probably doesn’t find enough of the pill.

Mags98

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
FB: Ryan Hamling Chapman
HB: Young Cox Clark
C : Aish Fyfe Tucker
HF: Sturt Treacy Lobb
FF: Schultz Taberner Switta
R : Darcy Brayshaw Mundy

Int: Mundy Walker Erasmus Walters
E: Amiss, Johnson, Hughes

tough picking that backline, would be easier if clark moves to the wing and could slot in logue/hughes. gone cox bc of his synergy with ryan and hammer over pearce though not sure how realistic that is

tucker given a few weeks to see if he can stop being so s**t, hes got lots of the qualities to succeed, lots of talk from the club about freddy so could see him in for erasmus/tucker/aish depending on where he plays

missing henry as couldnt fit him in, cant drop schultz as hes our most consistent small and switta adds the pressure but would like to see him play

wing is definitely the most open position for change and could be the spot were players on the fringe can get a crack in

geez bit of a headache for selectors i reckon

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure how much footy you blokes watch but when fully fit Hamling would be first picked in backline and you would build the rest around him. Did a number on buddy in the bullies gf win. You have very short memories
I'll settle for just getting Hamling back on the park. Not sure his form from 5 years ago for another team, has any bearing on how good he is now. He has missed a lot of footy, I'm not sure he is quite the lock you are making him out to be.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Ryan Pearce Logue
Walker Cox Aish
Tucker Mundy Brayshaw
Henry Treacy switkowski
Walters Taberner Frederick
R: Darcy, Fyfe Serong
IC: Chapman, Young, Schultz, Lobb

something like this would be a good place to start for round one I reckon. It was line ball between two of hamling, Pearce and Cox but possession is 9/10th of the law here and Hamlings one game since 2019 means he needs to play his way back in.
The same applied to Sturt, we just haven’t seen enough of him but would expect him to get back into the side pretty quickly if he remains fit.
Right now I have Clark and Brodie outside the B22. They were not in the selection mix at the end of last season at either of their respective clubs so they will have to fight there way in here too IMO. Players like Hughes, Blakely Colyer will also be looking for spots alongside the two new traded-in guys.
don’t expect any of the 5 new draftees to play round 1 unless they are something special (let’s hope they are).
I have Treacy absolutely locked into the B22 for what’s it’s worth. I don’t believe this guy will ever play for Peel again unless he’s on the way back from injury or something. He’s miles too good for that level even as an 18 year old and clearly showed it a couple of times last year. Of my chosen 22, Tucker is probably the most vulnerable right now, Colyer was decent towards the end of last season and could push him hard.
I realise bench and starting 18 aren't overly meaningful, but surely Schultz is our best small forward?

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I realise bench and starting 18 aren't overly meaningful, but surely Schultz is our best small forward?
Without doubt
And as others have said on here the Freddy love on here is somewhat overstated.
He has a lot to prove in regards to reading the play better and decision making before he gets anywhere near my B22 .
Running fast isn’t an entry ticket .

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
bye-bye-man-says-45256525.jpg

r1889_1475_5184_3191_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nailed it I reckon, only change is Treacy probably deserving of a spot, but who do you drop? Sturt? If we stay injury free, this year will be a tough one for the match committee, will be some very talented blokes running around for Peel.

Beliefs I would class in the same intellectual stratosphere as Andrew Brayshaw not being in our starting 22
- The Earth is flat
- Scientology
- Anti-vax
- Pizzagate
- Sandyhook shooting being a false flag
- Steph Curry is not the greatest shooter in basketball history
- Tim English could still be better than Sean Darcy

Happy to be a sheep

Last edited:

ubiquitous226

All Australian
Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle

This reminds me of a group of people with a certain lean.
Always doing the exact opposite of what you're told to, or to what other people think, isn't "thinking for yourself" or not being a sheep.

It's kind of like being a goth and dressing like all the other goths because you don't want to conform.
(sorry all the friendly goths)

_007_

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
When Brayshaw was drafted I think you and I were the only two people to actually post that they weren't happy with the selection. Even in his first few games I wasn't sold and then as time went on I was only on the fence about him. But by now it is clear that you and I were wrong. I admitted it a while back and you should too.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Beliefs I would class in the same intellectual stratosphere as Andrew Brayshaw not being in our starting 22
- The Earth is flat
- Scientology
- Anti-vax
- Pizzagate
- Sandyhook shooting being a false flag
- Steph Curry is not the greatest shooter in basketball history
- Tim English could still be better than Sean Darcy

Happy to be a sheep
Ross Lyon forced the Hogan trade

JunglistPosse

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
yes.
he is better than i have given him credit for, but not in my choice of best 22.
i know that is wildly unpopular, including by experts, but that is the way i see it.
of course if we played him as a tagger, his running ability, effort & tackling ability would win him a place in my team.
anyway, maybe this show we are spoilt for choice as I also left out regulars in 2021 such as Aish, Lobb, Acres, Colyer, Shultz & Wilson, as well as (not for 2021), Hamling as well.

Who is better …Brayshaw or Clancee Pearce?

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ipswich Town FC, Leeds Rhinos

Depends on your criteria. I’d say he’s probably going to score more goals because he’s the most durable of the small forwards - but if all were fit I’d start Switta, Walters and Sturt ahead of him.

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Depends on your criteria. I’d say he’s probably going to score more goals because he’s the most durable of the small forwards - but if all were fit I’d start Switta, Walters and Sturt ahead of him.
If Sturt has learnt to stick a tackle over the pre season he would be a sure starter you'd reckon. Need to pump games into him, could be anything.

Back