Opinion Petition for a new logo?

We need a new logo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be 90% the same plans on both sites.
Yeah maybe. Still expensive. The actual building would be ballpark $20m, probably more. $500k in architecture fees is only 2%. 10% of that is $50k. Back of envelope budgeting, but not out of the ballpark. I think $500k is quite low for a full set of plans to approval build stage on such a project

I reckon if they are that far down the road with plans you can build from, not just design/concept, they know what site they have.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Given that the proposed sites are all very different I'd hope the plans are quite site specific.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, we are not going to Fairmont Homes and building a cookie cutter house design on a generic 300sqm block that can exist in any suburb.

Yeah maybe. Still expensive. The actual building would be ballpark $20m, probably more. $500k in architecture fees is only 2%. 10% of that is $50k. Back of envelope budgeting, but not out of the ballpark. I think $500k is quite low for a full set of plans to approval build stage on such a project

I reckon if they are that far down the road with plans you can build from, not just design/concept, they know what site they have.

We would have some pretty detailed plans on both sites wouldn't we? Your costs are based on full plans from scratch aren't they? So the true additional cost of full plans may not be as great as you are suggesting.

They aren’t at council approval stage yet which is when they’ll need the full plans to build from. It’s just concept stuff at the moment. But once they know the site they can get cracking on council approval and get pushed through which is why we’ve been cozying up to Charles Sturt so much.

We would have some pretty detailed plans on both sites wouldn't we? Your costs are based on full plans from scratch aren't they? So the true additional cost of full plans may not be as great as you are suggesting.
I reckon the most we would have is conceptual design for the RSA Tender and SANFL (Thebby).

To be using the facility (Brompton)in 2024 will be quite a quick build from this point. Earliest would be late 2024, I still think late 2025.

Thebby, yeah easily be in by 2024.

Makes me think we aren't getting Brompton. I hope I am wrong.

View attachment 1325064

Saw this on the SANFL press release regarding the launch of the fixture.

We've pretty much always used the the club champion logo (which I like) in the SANFL.

Have the SANFL just used their own made up logo here or are we going to see a re-branding in the SANFL?
I think it is a very early April Fools joke by the SANFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is a very early April Fools joke by the SANFL.
View attachment 1325195

Appears still to be the same.
View attachment 1325064

Saw this on the SANFL press release regarding the launch of the fixture.

We've pretty much always used the the club champion logo (which I like) in the SANFL.

Have the SANFL just used their own made up logo here or are we going to see a re-branding in the SANFL?
Is that yellow crow they’ve used there a yellow version of the crow on top of the club champion logo? My screeen is too small to tell but I think it is and SANFL have just grabbed that and blown it us as a simpler image to use

Is that yellow crow they’ve used there a yellow version of the crow on top of the club champion logo? My screeen is too small to tell but I think it is and SANFL have just grabbed that and blown it us as a simpler image to use
I think you are right, but they may have used a bit of imagination for the legs and tail

Crows_SANFL_Logo.png

I think you are right, but they may have used a bit of imagination for the legs and tail

View attachment 1325578
The actual design itself through Illustrator/Photoshop would have the legs and tail behind the shield, as per:
To me the crows logo looks like a recoloured version of the one on top of the club crest/monogram which has been on the back of the neck of the crows sanfl jumper since 2015

p_832790_ori.jpg

Which is different to the Piping shrike

1920px-Flag_of_South_Australia.svg.png

It’s the Piping Shrike from the state flag
Yes, I know.... piping shrike legs are nothing like crows legs. And they have no imagination. (I was just trying to be polite) In fact the whole thing just looks like a mirrored piping shrike with a dodgy beak.

Has anyone else noticed the amount of new merchandise being released with the old logo? From beanies, to hats, scarfs, jackets, tshirts. Some of it comes under the “heritage” collection, but some of it is just regular releases.

I’ve noticed a lot of people wearing the old logo merch at games as well.

Are we finally distancing ourselves from the raptor head?

Has anyone else noticed the amount of new merchandise being released with the old logo? From beanies, to hats, scarfs, jackets, tshirts. Some of it comes under the “heritage” collection, but some of it is just regular releases.

I’ve noticed a lot of people wearing the old logo merch at games as well.

Are we finally distancing ourselves from the raptor head?

Don’t forget how we brought back the old shield on social media for a week during the off season

Felt a bit like a market research thing under the guise of “heritage week”

Back