FTA-TV Succession

Remove this Banner Ad

Another great ep. Logan giving it to Kendall when Kendall claims to be the good guy reminding him that he knew about the cruises and of the kid drowning. Then gets his grandson to taste his food because he thinks it’s possibly poisoned? Wow …the same grandkid he hit with a can last season.

Shiv taking out her anger on Tom when her mother says she never should’ve had kids. Plus accusing her of twisting the knife when she was just a kid. Savage on poor Tom. Then trying to throw Roman in the pit when he stuffs up as inevitably he would.

And Connor’s embarrassing proposal to Willa who’s reaction said it all.

Interesting finale coming up..will Geri get fired and sue for sexual harassment, will kid drowning news come out, will Tom leave, will Gojo collapse.

lol not that scene
the actual final scene of the episode.

Pretty sure Kendall dies
My take on it was that he was hearing his dad's voice in his head from their dinner when he asked how long the kid was alive for before he succumbed to drowning and that he was trying to learn that himself. Or perhaps he actually was trying to end his life? I guess that's why they left it open-ended.
Another great ep. Logan giving it to Kendall when Kendall claims to be the good guy reminding him that he knew about the cruises and of the kid drowning. Then gets his grandson to taste his food because he thinks it’s possibly poisoned? Wow …the same grandkid he hit with a can last season.

Shiv taking out her anger on Tom when her mother says she never should’ve had kids. Plus accusing her of twisting the knife when she was just a kid. Savage on poor Tom. Then trying to throw Roman in the pit when he stuffs up as inevitably he would.

Interesting finale coming up..will Geri get fired and sue for sexual harassment, will kid drowning news come out, will Tom leave, will Gojo collapse.
Totally agree with everything you've said!

Hasn't been the best season, have found it hard to keep attention at times.

Lol at Shiv just telling Tom how it is, that was brutal. Logan to Kendall too. Intense.

Don't know how anyone is saying Kendall is dead? The dude dropped a beer bottle in a pool while chilling out. I saw a few people referencing stuff online and thought, 'was there something I am forgetting or missed?'. Doesn't seem the kind of show and it would surely be more dramatic than that.
Imagine the show going dark and Kendall killing Logan or something though. That'd be funny.

Wild that every group chat I'm on about the show has been talking non-stop about that final scene...and on here it's like a side thing 😄

Something was up when the New Yorker profile of Jeremy Strong came out yesterday morning. https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/12/13/on-succession-jeremy-strong-doesnt-get-the-joke

A fascinating read on an intense person. There are parts in that interview where you could believe Strong is the type of actor to be like 'I'm out' even on a hit HBO show. There are other parts where it's like, does the rest of the cast even like him, is he fun to be around? Even the OG thespian Cox thinks he needs to take it easy.

Regardless, it was a truly terrific cliffhanger, a throwback and a win for weekly episodes. Ken is often pathetic but I can never hate him (simply can't hate anyone that names their son Iverson) and he would be a tremendous loss. Still, all the signs are there, particularly after the dinner. Logan crucified him, his siblings have turned on him, he has no relationship with his kids and there's no Naomi to support him.

There is not much left to unpack out of Ken - him getting his act together to take down Logan would be the show repeating itself. Not to mention how his death would impact everyone else (that's for all you plot-obsessed lunatics out there).

So much other good stuff in that episode - won't go through em all but just to say that if they gave an Emmy for facial expressions alone, Kieran Culkin would win every damn time.

There's no way he offed himself. It would be nearly impossible to do it that way, as he just had his face under the water. In built survival reflexes wouldn't allow you to maintain the position.

I'm with MC Bad Genius in that it was him testing how long the kid could have been under water without breath.

There's no way he offed himself. It would be nearly impossible to do it that way, as he just had his face under the water. In built survival reflexes wouldn't allow you to maintain the position.

I'm with MC Bad Genius in that it was him testing how long the kid could have been under water without breath.
Maybe it’s his reaching Richie tenenbaum moment - maybe an attempt coming up but not successful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha the Ken in the pool was purely meant for the cliffhanger online discussion thing only I think. I hope if he dies it's a little more interesting.

Willa's basically married to him now anyway. Dont see why she just doesnt go through with it and then get a massive divorce pay out a year in.

I feel like some people want to hold tv shows to such high account..

For me, I take it as an hour of watching something entertaining and I don't like to be picky to a point where it begins to question my enjoyment. It is fiction, afterall. I found this weeks episode awesome!

- Roman was strong in this episode until he wasn't. I was enjoying his behaviour but the dickpicgate was definitely a massive error on his part. It bothers me that in some shows they don't allow a character to defend themselves for the sake of the drama - in real life, Roman would have talked his way out of that one as mere childish behaviour with Geri that means nothing

- Shiv is shiv.. malicious bitch really. The fact that she would try to whiteant Roman and Geri in different scenarios just further illustrates her callous nature

- Thought the mother saying she shouldn't have children was bloody harsh - but fair enough if the end result was Logan getting the kids after the divorce. Thought the following behaviour by Shiv with Tom was poor form too.

- Kendall, has further backed up my comments about him being weak. I thought Logan absolutely pwned him and rightly so - trying to high horse Logan when Logan knows a few shitty parts about Kendall too. It's not surprising that Logan went back on the $2b offer, given that Kendall came to him in such a defeatist way he now knows he doesn't have to buy him out. Ken played that wrong.

- The final scene.. I mean, I'd say it's a drama thing and he'll wake up in a hospital bed but the bubbles coming out of his mouth indicating that he may have lost consciousness so it's possible

Kendall is the good guy.

No he didnt. He was a victim in a car accident and was too coked up to help another victim.

the only crime he committed is not telling the truth to police. Hardly a biggy.
I don’t think so, offered no insistence and then tried to hide in. He also knew about the cruises and was more than happy to dump Greg under the bus if he had to.

I agree that the show might be starting to go around in circles, but damn it's entertaining. Always bittersweet when any great show is approaching it's season finale.

If Logan deserves any sympathy (hear me out) he knows that sooner or later one of his children is going to run his global corporation and none are fit for purpose. It must feel like an almost existential dilemma for him, not to mention a source of tremendous angst and disappointment.

When Greg was introduced in the first season I thought he might have been a dark horse to do a Bradbury and skate past as his cousins repeatedly screw up. This could have been plausible if Greg was whip-smart, which he ain't.

No he didnt. He was a victim in a car accident and was too coked up to help another victim.

the only crime he committed is not telling the truth to police. Hardly a biggy.

Wowser

How is someone a victim of a car crash that they were driving under the influence in?

He did two parts of stuff all to save the guy then allowed his Dad to cover it up and hide it and then had the audacity to go in to the home of the deceased parents and not admit his wrongdoing.

Nah, stand up bloke this guy!

For Logan's sake, at least Logan isn't claiming to be a good person. This is perfectly rounded up when Kendall is trying to point out what Logan has done and his response is "Oh, you've just noticed, have you?" ... it's pretty clear that for a long time, when it suited, Kendall was happy to ignore of all of these things until the time comes where he has to use it against Logan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back