Traded Tim Taranto [Traded to Richmond for #12 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sickblue

Team Captain
Jan 15, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Can’t see Tim going anywhere personally and the pull of Melb / family is not as great as others who have left before him as his dad lives in the US and his mum (COVID aside) gets up to Syd very regularly and he’s very settled there. Odds are in favour of him staying in my eyes.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Can’t see Tim going anywhere personally and the pull of Melb / family is not as great as others who have left before him as his dad lives in the US and his mum (COVID aside) gets up to Syd very regularly and he’s very settled there. Odds are in favour of him staying in my eyes.

Until he puts pen to paper, no one knows for sure. Certainly would have most Vic clubs chasing him

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Sister lives in Port Melbourne. He’s basically already scouting a townhouse in Elwood. 100% going to St Kilda.

Impossible to see how the Saints could get bost King and Taranto over the line, given they will have to give up their 2022 and 23 first round picks (mimimum) for Ben King (if we assume he nominates St Kilda)

The Saints have not exactly got a core of young talented players GWS would want.

Can't see how they can get a deal for both done (mind you, if Ben decides to leave Gold Coast, I honestly believe he ends up at Collingwood)

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Impossible to see how the Saints could get bost King and Taranto over the line, given they will have to give up their 2022 and 23 first round picks (mimimum) for Ben King (if we assume he nominates St Kilda)

The Saints have not exactly got a core of young talented players GWS would want.

Can't see how they can get a deal for both done (mind you, if Ben decides to leave Gold Coast, I honestly believe he ends up at Collingwood)
Can’t see them getting B King.

Sickblue

Team Captain
Jan 15, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Two young half-brothers in the US

correct, raised as an only child by his mum in Aus and they had him super young and his dad who lives in the US now has his own family and traditionally Tim goes to see him every year. Poster above was right that a family member of Tim’s did buy a place in Port Melb, but that was his mum! He loves Sydney for the record.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
correct, raised as an only child by his mum in Aus and they had him super young and his dad who lives in the US now has his own family and traditionally Tim goes to see him every year. Poster above was right that a family member of Tim’s did buy a place in Port Melb, but that was his mum! He loves Sydney for the record.

Seen some stuff on social media that suggests he loves it up at GWS. Be a shame for GWS to lose another gun to wanting to play in Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Vic clubs will chase and they will chase hard and he will most likely leave and be another ex-GWS player floating around at a Melbourne club. The cycle will continiue, GWS will get a good draft pick, pick up another elite talent, blood them, then lose them.

In saying this he probably stays, seems like he enjoys the place. Would be the best player in the comp if he tidied up his disposal.
What a nuffy: “he will most likely leave…. He probably stays”.

Are you a friend of his?

For mine it comes down to money, I reckon teams will offer much more than gws to get him which would be enticing for Tim to set himself up long term

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Are you a friend of his?

For mine it comes down to money, I reckon teams will offer much more than gws to get him which would be enticing for Tim to set himself up long term
You think everything comes down to money

You think North always have a chance of getting someone of his quality.

Your thoughts aren’t really too valuable.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Lol you nuffy I meant this isn’t about my club going after this player
982CA9F2-C87B-4D03-8903-4D38F0A0D8DD.gif

Back