Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call BS. There is one pic of his back chatting to a smiling Garcia. I suppose Adz is crying.

No pics of Bazlenka, maybe that is more an issue?

He got confused and ended up training at Waverley instead of Whitten Oval.

There was a young Dog named Bedendo
Who Bev told to go and defend-o
But Dom said “That’s lame,
Playing forward’s my game
And defending is just a dead end-o”

There was a young bloke called Bedendo

Who played footy like dancing a tango

His fine marking skills

Gives his rivals the chills

He’s sure to become a Scray hero

If Dale left, I'd be putting Richards into his spot. If Dunkley left, it'd be a rearrangement of midfielders and potentially West taking his spot. I'd be probably more comfortable witth the first.
West has not yet shown anything to date. Why are people thinking he is anywhere near his Dad? Hope I am wrong but the two games he played were poor. Is there anything I am missing? Was he really good in the 2s? Not sure.

West has not yet shown anything to date. Why are people thinking he is anywhere near his Dad? Hope I am wrong but the two games he played were poor. Is there anything I am missing? Was he really good in the 2s? Not sure.
I can't say I'm holding out much hope for him.

Not sure he has anything that really makes him next level. Plays ok in the twos with more time and lesser opponents. People saying he has elite hands but the couple of seniors games I've only ever seen him hold on to the ball for too long and get caught, or do selfish things.

By God do I want to be wrong and have him play 200+ games for us in Libba's role, but I don't see it.

He's pretty consistently in our top three players at VFL level. He's a midfielder so playing in the forward line at AFL level isn't an ideal way for him to show what he can do. Garcia's probably shown more at AFL level, but I reckon West could be at least a good AFL-standard mid too.

I thought West had shown plenty up until the Richmond game last year. He was terribly selfish that game and it appeared to knock his confidence and possibility of selection.

Prior to that I was very impressed with how hard he ran at the ball and man. I think he will make it.

He's incredibly hard at the ball and the man and has sticky hands. Thats two really important attributes for an inside mid. Composure should improve with experience and with composure his decision making will improve. There is a bit there to work with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was excellent in the 2s. Good possession numbers, hitting the score board and being a good presence in the fwd 50. He along with a couple others got us back into a couple of games that we shouldn't have won. The kid is talented, just needs to play the team game a bit better and not try to comprehensively win every competition. I think he puts too much pressure on himself.

I can't say I'm holding out much hope for him.

Not sure he has anything that really makes him next level. Plays ok in the twos with more time and lesser opponents. People saying he has elite hands but the couple of seniors games I've only ever seen him hold on to the ball for too long and get caught, or do selfish things.

By God do I want to be wrong and have him play 200+ games for us in Libba's role, but I don't see it.
Bailey Williams also used to get caught out trying to do too much with the ball, hell even Macrae was the same early days. Wait til he adjusts to the level. He absolutely has elite hands, he’s an absolute animal at the man/ball, a very very good burst from congestion and knows how to find the goals. It’s a rare package of traits he has altogether, he’s got weaknesses and he needs to adjust to AFL level and improve his output but if he was on any other list they would be absolutely raving over him, I’ve got massive wraps on this kid

Bailey Williams also used to get caught out trying to do too much with the ball, hell even Macrae was the same early days. Wait til he adjusts to the level. He absolutely has elite hands, he’s an absolute animal at the man/ball, a very very good burst from congestion and knows how to find the goals. It’s a rare package of traits he has altogether, he’s got weaknesses and he needs to adjust to AFL level and improve his output but if he was on any other list they would be absolutely raving over him, I’ve got massive wraps on this kid

With you , I like seeing young blokes taking the game on , they soon adjust
I see some very good traits in him , not the least a fair bit of mongrel !

With you , I like seeing young blokes taking the game on , they soon adjust
I see some very good traits in him , not the least a fair bit of mongrel !
Yeah completely agree, I hate young players who play it safe, much rather see someone get done holding the ball trying to take the game on.

With West’s attack on the ball/man it’s not just standard inside mid attack, it’s genuinely ferocious, Players have made whole careers out of less, so I have no doubt he makes it as at least an afl standard player due to that trait alone. Throw in a couple of other good ones and there’s a lot to work with. His foot skills aren’t the best, his decision making needs work and he needs to learn when to play within himself, but these things will come. Hope he gets a few games this year and a bit of continuity.

Bit disappointing from you Scrag , no sexual innuendo ?

But surely Rear-end-o is far too easy... 😉

There was a young man named Bedendo,
Bevo said, "You must learn to defend-o.
Who said 21 backs,
Is more than the max?
[Goal kicking dreams you'll suspend-o."]

Or [Dale and Big Shaq comprehend-o...]

There is fine line between having the balls to take it on, and seeming "selfish". Westy fell to the other side of that fine line in his senior games. But it's a really fine line. I'll take the balls everytime (sheesh that sentence sounds wrong lol). Think he'll be a very good player.

I thought his game against Sydney in 2020 was very good. Not so much last year but had a blinder against Giants VFL side early on in 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back