The Official Bigfooty NBA Thread Week 8. When will the Suns streak start?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lopez for turner let's go

No chance, they'll want picks, and the Bucks have none to offer.

They're rebuilding so couple of pieces and draft picks should be fine.

They'll want quality picks, and the only role player of any value you own is Smart, who I doubt they'll want.

I think they'd get better offers than anything Boston can put together, unless they really, really like Nesmith or Pritchard, which is unlikely.

I reckon either Lavert, Sabonis or Turner we would all go for.

I'm not big on LaVert, just due to the injuries thing. Right now, he's turning into Oladipo really.

For my mob, I would like to see them look at a Holiday/Craig move, that's about the only asset level that the Suns could pursue.

They'll want quality picks, and the only role player of any value you own is Smart, who I doubt they'll want.

I think they'd get better offers than anything Boston can put together, unless they really, really like Nesmith or Pritchard, which is unlikely.

Only other consideration is that Jalen Brown's name has been floated in other trades (which is crazy for mine).

Robert Williams is starting to show quality you'd think they would have a look at him as well.

I'm not big on LaVert, just due to the injuries thing. Right now, he's turning into Oladipo really.

For my mob, I would like to see them look at a Holiday/Craig move, that's about the only asset level that the Suns could pursue.
Still see potential in him if he can remain healthy.

Only other consideration is that Jalen Brown's name has been floated in other trades (which is crazy for mine).

Yeah at that point it's kinda robbing Peter to pay Paul, you're not improving the team so much as reconfiguring it.

Given that they invested in Robert Williams, I think the Turner ship has sailed for them - if they'd jumped on when Indy wanted Hayward that would've worked, but for now they already have enough money tied up in centres, considering Horford and Kanter too.

Their biggest problem is shallow depth, and the backcourt in particular. I don't think they have the assets to do any major surgery anywhere, so they're going to have to play about at the margins. Dunno whether they see Schroeder as anything more than a rental, or whether they see Smart as integral to their team or not either.

Robert Williams is starting to show quality you'd think they would have a look at him as well.

That's kinda a weird trade though, Turner's only 18 months older than Williams and far less injury prone. Not on that much more money either.

Also depends on how much of a tear-down job Indy are committed to. LeVert's only 27, Sabonis and Turner only 25. So if it's a major rebuild, you'd think they'd only really be interested in draft picks, and decent ones at that.

That's kinda a weird trade though, Turner's only 18 months older than Williams and far less injury prone. Not on that much more money either.

Also depends on how much of a tear-down job Indy are committed to. LeVert's only 27, Sabonis and Turner only 25. So if it's a major rebuild, you'd think they'd only really be interested in draft picks, and decent ones at that.

Potentially go the OKC route. You're right though, a tear down when your floated players are only mid-20's is a weird decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potentially go the OKC route. You're right though, a tear down when your floated players are only mid-20's is a weird decision.

Well their cap situation isn't that bad, they have Warren and Lamb expiring which will free up over $20 mil, and no terrible contracts on the books. Plus they own all their own firsts.

So IMO they can afford to be patient and wait for an optimal trade, or they have the option of trying for a quick rebuild, keeping Duarte, one of Sabonis/Turner, and one of Brogdon/LeVert.

From what I've seen most Indy fans seem to want to keep Turner over Sabonis, which I'd agree with from a Pacers perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back