Prediction 2022 ladder after 23 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

the disrespect of people putting the dogs above melbourne lol.
It is a regular thing for the losing Grand Finalist to be picked ahead of the Premier for the following year. You probably haven't noticed before given this is probably the first time your team is the reigning premier

Lions.

Lions were the only club that challenged us in finals and if it wasn’t for crappy umpiring they would have played off in the grand final instead.
The Dogs challenged Melbourne. Melbourne blew them away in the last quarter plus 1 minute of the 3rd but it was a challenge for the best part of 3 quarters

It is a regular thing for the losing Grand Finalist to be picked ahead of the Premier for the following year. You probably haven't noticed before given this is probably the first time your team is the reigning premier

The Dogs challenged Melbourne. Melbourne blew them away in the last quarter plus 1 minute of the 3rd but it was a challenge for the best part of 3 quarters

yeah but we also dominated them in a game earlier in the season too. We were 2-1 for the season against the dogs with out 2 wins being spankings and the 1 loss being the worst officialed game for some time which ironically helped us because it lulled the dogs fans into a false sense of where they were at.

Don't know if Port can come back from what happened in the prelim last year - teams generally don't.

And surely motivation is going to pay a huge part for Brisbane going forward - they should be thereabouts with home state advantage and their list - but 3 failed finals and 2 straight sets would surely be weighing a bit.

Don't know if Port can come back from what happened in the prelim last year - teams generally don't.
Richmond won the next 2 flags after being embarrassed by Collingwood in 2018 PF after like 20something wins in a row at the MCG.

I reckon big finals losses are not a predictive factor, how is it any worse than not making finals and getting smashed in the last week of H&A or in an EF? Teams can bounce back the next year if they are good enough and have made the required adjustments in that offseason.

Looking for Dogs supporters to bite aren't ya ?

Exacting revenge for our GF lose won't happen on a BF forum. Unfortunately that will need to wait until September 2022. However most objective people if asked would prefer the Dogs list over Dees if given the option. I think even Dees supporters would prefer Bevo as coach over Goodwin. Those two things combined should have Dogs slapping around the Dees for the next few years to come.
If there was one thing I took away from the grand final it’s that that Dogs objectively have a better list than us, and that Goody is a better coach.

They were 3 goals up halfway through the 3rd. You were challenged and Melbourne stood up brilliantly.
Sure but the Bulldogs didn’t challenge us at all during the first quarter. Nine scoring shots to three. Which is the same thing we did to them when we played them in R11, except it was 11 scoring shots to four. Both times the only thing that kept them in the game after QT was our inaccuracy.

Richmond won the next 2 flags after being embarrassed by Collingwood in 2018 PF after like 20something wins in a row at the MCG.

I reckon big finals losses are not a predictive factor, how is it any worse than not making finals and getting smashed in the last week of H&A or in an EF? Teams can bounce back the next year if they are good enough and have made the required adjustments in that offseason.
Fair point - Geelong got pantsed in a prelim in 2010 too, although they were two teams that had already set their premiership benchmark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane
3. GWS
4. Bulldogs
5. Geelong
6. Richmond
7. Port
8. Sydney

9. St Kilda
10. Essendon
12. Suns
13. Blues
13. Eagles
14. Hawks
15. Dockers
16. North
17. Crom
18. Pies

If Dockers finish bottom 4 the whole joint needs to be turned upside down.

Much better team that GCS, Carlton, WCE, and Hawthorn. 50/50 with the saints and Essendon

If Dockers finish bottom 4 the whole joint needs to be turned upside down.

Much better team that GCS, Carlton, WCE, and Hawthorn. 50/50 with the saints and Essendon

Huge question mark over Fyfe entering 2022, Cerra gone and Mundy surely can't have the same season even though he's a freak. Walters looks shot. Midfield pretty thin after that.

Clark and Brodie hardly inspiring inclusions. Can't expect much from draftees even though they look exciting.

Don't rate their forward line at all. Defence ok but many are injury prone.

Just think they will take half a step back. Only need to lose three more games than 2021 and they're bottom four. Bottom ten will be even again.

Huge question mark over Fyfe entering 2022, Cerra gone and Mundy surely can't have the same season even though he's a freak. Walters looks shot. Midfield pretty thin after that.

Clark and Brodie hardly inspiring inclusions. Can't expect much from draftees even though they look exciting.

Don't rate their forward line at all. Defence ok but many are injury prone.

Just think they will take half a step back. Only need to lose three more games than 2021 and they're bottom four. Bottom ten will be even again.

Even if all that happens, they are still miles better than the teams i mentioned.

Serong, Brayshaw, Young, Henry, Fredericks all look very solid.

Fyfe as a forward is a 50 goal a year player (if he can kick straight)

Looking for Dogs supporters to bite aren't ya ?

Exacting revenge for our GF lose won't happen on a BF forum. Unfortunately that will need to wait until September 2022. However most objective people if asked would prefer the Dogs list over Dees if given the option. I think even Dees supporters would prefer Bevo as coach over Goodwin. Those two things combined should have Dogs slapping around the Dees for the next few years to come.

Nahhh, I'd rather have the list and coach that finished on top of the ladder, had 5 players in the AA team (more than any other club) and won each of their finals by an average of 63 points (including other said list by 74points in the GF :O).
Each to their own I guess

Melbourne premiers
Adelaide the mover.

Attachments

• 20211210_140250.jpg
    20211210_140250.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 129
  • 20211210_140254.jpg
    20211210_140254.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
Even if all that happens, they are still miles better than the teams i mentioned.

Serong, Brayshaw, Young, Henry, Fredericks all look very solid.

Fyfe as a forward is a 50 goal a year player (if he can kick straight)
Fyfe has kicked 20 goals in a season once back in 2014, now he’s a 50 goal a year forward?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back