FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
Finished Godless. Appreciated that they took the time to develop characters and the finale was fantastic as a result. 7/10.

Seen Part 1 of The Beatles Get Back doco. Seeing great artists being creative is rather engrossing. Did not drag despite it being almost 3hrs long.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Crime on BritBox

Dougray Scott stars as a tortured mission detective seeking out the abductor of a young girl

All the classic tv tropes are on display. Tortured cop , mysoginistic cop , rookie female cop finding her way etc

6 part series that needs subtitles on due to heevy Scots uccent

Part of a book series which had the feel of being written in the 70/80s or set then .

I do think they are wanting more series

torq

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Half-way through the eight episode Korean series One Ordinary Day, based on the UK mini-series Criminal Justice (which was also remade in the US as The Night Of).

Although the storyline is familiar, it's superbly filmed and acted. I don't watch a lot of Asian tv but after Squid Game and Alice in Borderland this is another cracking show that is very binge-worthy and highly recommended.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Still marathoning 24

Was planning on cracking out the Sopranos bluray next. But might break the viewing up with a comedy (Curb, 30 Rock, Seinfeld, Fraser or Married with Children).

Watching The Sopranos at the moment. One of the all time classic series.

24 is fantastic as well. It dips after Season 5 but still pretty good.

Watching The Sopranos at the moment. One of the all time classic series.

24 is fantastic as well. It dips after Season 5 but still pretty good.

24 is easily my favourite show from 2000 - onward. If you have watched it as often as I have (when it was on I'd marathon previous seasons in the weeks leading up to the latest) the scripted writing becomes same-same but it was still highly addictive viewing.

As I've mentioned before I see them as separate trilogies (1-3, 4-6 where Jack goes full MacGyver/James Bond and 7-9). I think season 4 would have been the perfect ending to the series (at least all the characters were alive at the end of the season!). Prior to my marathon watch this time last year... I hadn't watched the show in ages... but it still holds up.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
First viewing and I'm up to the final series.

I'm saving it for a while tho lol- not until at least a couple weeks into the new year I'll start it.

I am up to season 5.

I watched the series years ago and wasn’t so into it but this time around I have loved it all.

24 is easily my favourite show from 2000 - onward. If you have watched it as often as I have (when it was on I'd marathon previous seasons in the weeks leading up to the latest) the scripted writing becomes same-same but it was still highly addictive viewing.

As I've mentioned before I see them as separate trilogies (1-3, 4-6 where Jack goes full MacGyver/James Bond and 7-9). I think season 4 would have been the perfect ending to the series (at least all the characters were alive at the end of the season!). Prior to my marathon watch this time last year... I hadn't watched the show in ages... but it still holds up.

I got into 24 I think during Season 6, so I was a late starter. And since then I’ve watched it all the way through about 4 times. So you can imagine my excitement when a Blu-Ray set was released in Japan in English/Japanese audio. Jack Bauer killing everyone in HD. :D

Good point about the series being like separate trilogies. After LAD (Season 9), we definitely need another season because it feels like we have had two separate “series finales” without a resolution to Jack Bauer’s story.

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
Watched the first episode of station 11. Adapted from a book about a flu pandemic that wipes out most life on earth. It's the second such adaptation filmed (partially in this case) prior to covid after the abysmal attempt of the stand.

Premiere was great. Will hold off until after Christmas before continuing though as I have too many annual Christmas movies to knock over atm.

On Christmas I watched the first 2 episodes of a moody Christmas. Had never heard of it but was recommended by bro in law. Fantastic so far. 6 half hour episodes seemingly based on 6 consecutive Christmases (the first 2 are at least).

I am up to season 5.

I watched the series years ago and wasn’t so into it but this time around I have loved it all.

I got into 24 I think during Season 6, so I was a late starter. And since then I’ve watched it all the way through about 4 times. So you can imagine my excitement when a Blu-Ray set was released in Japan in English/Japanese audio. Jack Bauer killing everyone in HD. :D

Good point about the series being like separate trilogies. After LAD (Season 9), we definitely need another season because it feels like we have had two separate “series finales” without a resolution to Jack Bauer’s story.

I need to get the earlier seasons on bluray
I have 7-9 in the format. I have the "HD" iTunes version (kinda the bluray but not really). I'm doing my re-watch via my ripped DVD versions. Cheating as I purposely edited out the 2 minute recaps (starting the episode at "the following takes place" and I end every episode when the clock stops - only keep the credits at the end of the final episode of the season.

I own multiple versions of the seasons (original bulky box sets of 1-3), UK bulky version of season 4 (Australian release was delayed for months). Split season sets of 1-4 (fox decided to re release TV show series in half season collections - wanted to collect them again). I also have the complete series DVD set.

I also have the Bauer watch from season 2
Multiple making of books, magazines and novels. The ps2 game was great (though the driving section was buggy as).

You started on the weakest season!!! 6 is a very tough slog, I avoided watching it for ages... it's not so bad today... just a bit slow.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I need to get the earlier seasons on bluray
I have 7-9 in the format. I have the "HD" iTunes version (kinda the bluray but not really). I'm doing my re-watch via my ripped DVD versions. Cheating as I purposely edited out the 2 minute recaps (starting the episode at "the following takes place" and I end every episode when the clock stops - only keep the credits at the end of the final episode of the season.

I own multiple versions of the seasons (original bulky box sets of 1-3), UK bulky version of season 4 (Australian release was delayed for months). Split season sets of 1-4 (fox decided to re release TV show series in half season collections - wanted to collect them again). I also have the complete series DVD set.

I also have the Bauer watch from season 2
Multiple making of books, magazines and novels. The ps2 game was great (though the driving section was buggy as).

You started on the weakest season!!! 6 is a very tough slog, I avoided watching it for ages... it's not so bad today... just a bit slow.

Sorry, I didn’t word my post properly. Season 6 was airing when 24 was recommended to me. I started from Season 1 on my first watch in around 2007-2008.

Season 6 had a great first 4 episodes, then it goes downhill from there and picks up in the last few episodes IMO. Some of the series best episodes I think were towards the end of Season 8. Kind of cool that it was the very end of the series and could still produce good TV.

I am up to season 5.

I've never been interested in anything to do with the mafia. That includes, movies, TV shows, news reports, everything. Couldnt care less.

Am absolutely loving Ranos.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I've never been interested in anything to do with the mafia. That includes, movies, TV shows, news reports, everything. Couldnt care less.

Am absolutely loving Ranos.

IMO, it is the most perfectly casted series. It seems like for every character throughout the entire series, the perfect actor was chosen for that role.

IMO, it is the most perfectly casted series. It seems like for every character throughout the entire series, the perfect actor was chosen for that role.
Casting is so important.

Other shows that I love that are perfectly cast that come to mind are Freaks and Geeks and 6FU.

Back