List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

Concussion test

Adelaide Football Club. Established 1860
May 19, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
All these late parenting stories reminded me of a joke from the Pearlers Only thread.

A 90-year old man said to his doctor, "I've never felt better...I have
an 18-year old bride who is pregnant with my child. What do you think of
that?"

The doctor replied, "I have an elderly friend who is a hunter and never
misses a season. One day, he was in a hurry and picked up his umbrella
by mistake. When he got to the creek, he saw a beaver. He raised his
umbrella and went "bang, bang, bang", and the beaver fell dead.
What do you think of that?"
The 90-year old said, "I'd say somebody else shot the beaver."
The doctor said, "My point exactly".

LoBu

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
From today's paper, looks like a f/s prospect, and of course now being talked up as first rounder.

"Although Keeler may slip out of its reach, Adelaide will have access to SA Talent Hub member Max Michalanney as a father-son candidate.

Michalanney, a Norwood defender, is the son of four-time Redlegs premiership player Jim Michalanney and considered a potential first-round prospect.

Adelaide could match bids on the 17-year-old because Jim lined up in his 211 games before the Crows’ AFL entry in 1991.

“He’s a really, really intelligent footballer,” Bamford said."

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Caputo

All Australian
Dec 5, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Even though Isaac Keeler may not be available before Pick 40 for exclusive bidding. It does not mean the Crows give up on him as a prospect. Use our natural advantages by working with him in the NGA academy, he only played Under 18's last year let him loose early in the year by training and playing in the Crows SANFL Team and training with the senior AFL Team as part of the AFL Academy. Send him back to North as a 4 game League player build confidence for the Under 18 Championships and he might be there as our first round pick at the Draft.

Last edited:

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Ah well, I thought tall fast mid was too much to hope for.

Still it will make trading out our first for a luko/ Rankine/Stephens/ Hollands (still dreaming) sweeter if we can stay in the first round with a f/s.

if Max Michalanney is a top 5 pick then the Crows will need to trade out there 1st round draft pick,
I am betting that we will finish higher 12 on the ladder.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
if Max Michalanney is a top 5 pick then the Crows will need to trade out there 1st round draft pick,
Not necessarily. If we finish in the bottom-4 (and we're an 80% chance of doing so), then our 1st pick could come before the Michelanney bid, allowing us to have both.

** I do note your assumption of a finish better than 12th. I just don't share your optimism. It's extremely rare for the youngest & least experienced team in the competition to finish outside the bottom-5.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Not necessarily. If we finish in the bottom-4 (and we're an 80% chance of doing so), then our 1st pick could come before the Michelanney bid, allowing us to have both.

** I do note your assumption of a finish better than 12th. I just don't share your optimism. It's extremely rare for the youngest & least experienced team in the competition to finish outside the bottom-5.
Mate if the Crows do not win 9 games in 2022 then it's a lost season.
we have a good draw, play beatable teams away.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Max looks good - he was part of a pretty good Rostrevor side and he has poise. Unless he does not develop further next year, he really could become one of the better kids in the draft and if he is F/S Eligible, all the merrier for us.

That said, if he looks a possible top 10 pick, it might harden our resolve to go after Rankine / Lukosius with our 1st and then we need keep points in the bank for Max. That would sort of work itself out in trade period so we could look to try and bank points early

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
7 wins is 2021, with a tougher draw. and a bunch of Kids with bugger all games behind them,
9/10 wins would be a pass mark for 22, more so with the current draw.
Next year we're even younger & less experienced than we were this year. We're on the right track, but progress will not be linear. Do not be surprised if we win less games in 2022 than we did in 2021.

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
Next year we are more experienced re games in our core group, more so in the middle,
Yeah I am looking at who we lost. There was Talia, MacKay and Lynch. For me Lynch will be a loss but he didnt play many games during 2021, Then MacKay is experienced but didnt necessarily contribute to the team. Talia, well he didnt play a game. So from an on-field contribution I dont think we have lost very much. Who will we gain. Well we have the possibility of having Milera, and Crouch plus Dawson and Rashele plus a group of youngsters who should contribute more than last year.. I just feel that we must win more games this year than 2021. Iam just not sure how many more we will win.

DaKids

All Australian
May 18, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
And he's 190cm, there's a couple here who have had eyes on michalanney for at least this year, what position does he play?

He’s played as a key defender at junior level. I’ve seen him take both Isaac Keeler and Morgan Ferres to the cleaners last season. Max is one of the most competitive kids I’ve ever seen. Mean.

He’s a straight up key though, so will need some physical growth if he’s going to make it.

Back