Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - JACK HAYES!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he turns out good too then Adelaide will probably be looking to poach our South Australia talent scout. Theirs must be dead blind

These guys are hiding in plain sight, we are just giving them a go. Mature guys with good resumes are there for everyone to take but clubs still prefer to take a risk on kids. I think we probably started digging in the state league bin when we culled the guys that Trout drafted and had to find some guys to fit age profiles and didn't have enough draft capital to trade them from other AFL sides. It worked out better than we expected even.

These guys are hiding in plain sight, we are just giving them a go. Mature guys with good resumes are there for everyone to take but clubs still prefer to take a risk on kids. I think we probably started digging in the state league bin when we culled the guys that Trout drafted and had to find some guys to fit age profiles and didn't have enough draft capital to trade them from other AFL sides. It worked out better than we expected even.

As the saying goes “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure” we don’t mind taking the troves.

From absolutely no knowledge of the player

Pros:
First name: Jack
Surname : Hayes (plays midfield)
Mature body
Great performer in a high quality League
Seasons of experience and leadership
Can play well in big games.

Cons:
Overlooked until the age of 24
This would lead to thoughts of weaknesses in his game
SANFL while a good League is only marginally better than VFL so not the greatest guide.

I have no idea on his ability, his age is no problem, back in the day Andrew Thompson was 24, Sam Fisher 23, out of VFL and SANFL, lately Wilkie, Highmore, Sharman have been anything but list cloggers.

If he gets a go, I will trust the recruiters, they have a pretty good record lately.

From absolutely no knowledge of the player

Pros:
First name: Jack
Surname : Hayes (plays midfield)
Mature body
Great performer in a high quality League
Seasons of experience and leadership
Can play well in big games.

Cons:
Overlooked until the age of 24
This would lead to thoughts of weaknesses in his game
SANFL while a good League is only marginally better than VFL so not the greatest guide.

I have no idea on his ability, his age is no problem, back in the day Andrew Thompson was 24, Sam Fisher 23, out of VFL and SANFL, lately Wilkie, Highmore, Sharman have been anything but list cloggers.

If he gets a go, I will trust the recruiters, they have a pretty good record lately.

I rate Chris25 as an observer of S.A. talent.
This sort of explains why he was overlooked for the draft.

I rate Chris25 as an observer of S.A. talent.
This sort of explains why he was overlooked for the draft.

Great read. i hope he goes from a Half Fwd that can play mid to a Mid that can play HF.

Saw he played with Wilkie for SA too! Loving the little cluster of SA guys we've got. Eases the anxiety around "go home". Wilkie, Highmore, Sharman, Hayes, Crouch, Howard, Ryder, Adams and the Messiah from SA in the last few years.

Hayes played typically as a short ruck with great athleticism and worked as an extra onballer as a result.

Also filled holes in a CHB and CHF from time to time as needed.

For SA played similar sort of tall utility roles. Think a shorter a Blicavs in terms of ability to play all around the ground. Takes a good grab avg. almost 8 marks a game, and has a jnr rugby background, hence strong tackler averaging almost 5 a game for a big man this season.

Did have a knock on his leg with small fracture which he played through the SANFL gf (still got BOG)...which says enough about his toughness

Great read. i hope he goes from a Half Fwd that can play mid to a Mid that can play HF.

Saw he played with Wilkie for SA too! Loving the little cluster of SA guys we've got. Eases the anxiety around "go home". Wilkie, Highmore, Sharman, Hayes, Crouch, Howard, Ryder, Adams and the Messiah from SA in the last few years.

Wilkie is from Adelaide area, and is an accountant.
Highmore is from Canberra and played SAFL to try to get drafted. Previously trained with Jack Steele. Well done Tom.
Sharman is from the Riverena. Studied Business and Commerce at Deakon, then went to the SAFL to have a better shot at AFL. Well done Cooper.
Crouch is from Ballarat area.
Howard was born in Wagga, drafted out of the Bushrangers.

Maybe Wilkie and Sharman can keep the club afloat as a side hobby. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back