Scandal Collingwood star Jordan De Goey charged with indecent assault - NO sexual jokes or inappropriate comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOTE: No jokes about sexual assault or the alleged victim. Keep it clean, civil and remember Jordan De Goey has only been charged at this stage and NOT found guilty of anything.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
That's what I would have thought but who knows how they do things in NYC.

It's worse for JDG if the prosecution and judge need more time to build a case against Jordy.

Reckon he is not just finished at the Pies but AFL in general.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Someone who is good friends with the sons of a Collingwood playing great (not naming names) who have regular contacts inside the club have told me that several high profile and significant senior players at the club have had enough of De Goey and his juvenile behaviour and more than happy if he never plays for the club again.

Ultimately if it comes down to what the Collingwood players want, De Goey is very unlikely to play for the Pies again.

He will sit out season 2022 than either be traded or let go as a FA (and I don't think he will net Collingwood the compo they would want either, if he goes to a new club in 2023, he will almost be on rookie/minimum wages)

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Someone who is good friends with the sons of a Collingwood playing great (not naming names) who have regular contacts inside the club have told me that several high profile and significant senior players at the club have had enough of De Goey and his juvenile behaviour and more than happy if he never plays for the club again.

Ultimately if it comes down to what the Collingwood players want, De Goey is very unlikely to play for the Pies again.

He will sit out season 2022 than either be traded or let go as a FA (and I don't think he will net Collingwood the compo they would want either, if he goes to a new club in 2023, he will almost be on rookie/minimum wages)
The likes of North, GC, Adelaide would definitely pay him at least $300k pa, unless he's suspended by AFL

So it's dragging out for a while longer.

According to The Age he's still facing four charges and his lawyer wants to review video footage before the next hearing on Jan 4 with the outcome to be decided Jan 18.

Not sure why the lawyer would have had access to the video footage prior to the hearing this morning.

Proceedings this morning certainly didn't deliver the slam dunk it will be thrown out many Pies fans have been spruiking.

I suspect his lawyers want to see how incriminating the video is to determine if he can still plead not guilty.

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
He is posting so many garbage fitness videos on Instagram now to try and show how hard he is working. The guy is a dropkick of the highest order and I would love to see if he is found guilty the AFL just ban him for a few years.

TakingThePies

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
The other side has entered a plea basically admitting to causing the situation as she was stealing drinks. He'll be getting off and back at Coll in 2022 like i've said.

He however, will only be given a big deal somewhere else because Pies are about to sign Darcy Moore and others.

The other side has entered a plea basically admitting to causing the situation as she was stealing drinks. He'll be getting off and back at Coll in 2022 like i've said.

He however, will only be given a big deal somewhere else because Pies are about to sign Darcy Moore and others.

Was the "other side" charged with anything? If not, then they wouldn't have "entered a plea".

You sound like you have some inside word on all of this, which I have no reason to doubt, but "he'll be getting off" still comes across as the defence's hoped-for outcome, rather than one that has already been decided.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

I feel like if he was getting off he would have by now. Also how do you know the circumstances of the alleged victim here? Sounds like your opinion.
IMO it’s sounding more like JDG will end up taking a very minimal penalty for this and quiet possibly using a provocation defence. But at the end of the day you can’t belt someone for stealing your drinks.
Can see JDG playing for pies this year after serving a suspension but won’t be there in 2023.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

That sounds like BS.
"Stealing drinks" isn't justification for booting someone.
Why not simply tell security??

Reckon he serves suspension.
Plays a few games then gets traded out at the end of the season.

Pies would be happy with a third round pick.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans

In New York state is assault allowed due to stealing your property in public?

In New York state is assault allowed due to stealing your property in public?

Nope.

Old mate also said this wouldn't be going to court, so clearly has his finger on the pulse...

budmazoz

Debutant
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond

Weird place where the victim has to enter a plea?

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Mark my words, De Goey will play football next year, guarantee he gets a not guilty verdict. I don't like it but that's what's going to happen.

Time to just accept it really.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Mark my words, De Goey will play football next year, guarantee he gets a not guilty verdict. I don't like it but that's what's going to happen.

Time to just accept it really.
How can you "guarantee" that?

Are you the judge?

I agree he plays footy next year though. I reckon 4 week club ban. Comes back and plays out the season and Pies trade him out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back