Scandal Collingwood star Jordan De Goey charged with indecent assault - NO sexual jokes or inappropriate comments.

NOTE: No jokes about sexual assault or the alleged victim. Keep it clean, civil and remember Jordan De Goey has only been charged at this stage and NOT found guilty of anything.

Last edited:
Pies trade him out.
He is a free agent, so unless Collingwood finish outside the bottom ten I don't think they trade him if they don't want him.

There will be a club that offers enough for band one for Jordan. Pies could lose Moore and DeGoey and walk into the draft next season with picks #2, #3 and #4

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
He is a free agent, so unless Collingwood finish outside the bottom ten I don't think they trade him if they don't want him.

There will be a club that offers enough for band one for Jordan. Pies could lose Moore and DeGoey and walk into the draft next season with picks #2, #3 and #4

Yes good point.

No way will JDG be band one - but you would think Pies would be perfectly happy with band 2.

TakingThePies

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
That sounds like BS.
"Stealing drinks" isn't justification for booting someone.
Why not simply tell security??

Reckon he serves suspension.
Plays a few games then gets traded out at the end of the season.

Pies would be happy with a third round pick.
Go up and look at the story. She got caught stealing drinks, De Goey and other bloke called her out and told to piss off.. She went over to other blokes and said they touched her up and then they got into a brawl.

TakingThePies

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood

Darcy Moore is very close to signing a new long term deal with Pies. He's not going anywhere.

ChesterTreasure

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

And trade them all away for another Dayne Beams.

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
She's not a victim...
No the guy that allegedly got assaulted is.

But the only people who enter a plea are those who are being charged. Is she being charged with something? Because I would have thought that would be news. And a plea is guilty or not guilty. Nothing more.

Gold Rocks

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes good point.

No way will JDG be band one - but you would think Pies would be perfectly happy with band 2.
Be honest there's a very high chance the pies getting band one if he leaves specially when guys like Jared Polec, Adam Saad, Brad Hill, Zac williams and Adam cerra etc etc can earn big bags. The whole reason De Goey went to train in the usa was to get the big pay day he's always desperately wanted.

No the guy that allegedly got assaulted is.

But the only people who enter a plea are those who are being charged. Is she being charged with something? Because I would have thought that would be news. And a plea is guilty or not guilty. Nothing more.

A point continually lost on the poster who claims inside knowledge ...

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
You would have to say De Goeys mate allegedly using a bottle is probably the biggest one in trouble which everyone is forgetting about.
Not forgetting necessarily.

My opinion only, but I think Pies hierarchy would be absolutely filthy over his choice of travel companion and probably had concerns before this even happened.

A sense of inevitability.

They probably knew these two blokes together in NYC was bound to end in tears.

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
Go up and look at the story. She got caught stealing drinks, De Goey and other bloke called her out and told to piss off.. She went over to other blokes and said they touched her up and then they got into a brawl.
Funny, you'd think the case would be thrown out immediately if that was true.

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
Not forgetting necessarily.

My opinion only, but I think Pies hierarchy would be absolutely filthy over his choice of travel companion and probably had concerns before this even happened.

A sense of inevitability.

They probably knew these two blokes together in NYC was bound to end in tears.
That's how I've always seen it.

Even the best possible interpretation for De Goey "She's a lying ****, he was just minding his own business when someone attacked him, his mate started it, he was just trying to break it up and got sucked in", still looks bad for him.

He's in a club in the early hours of the morning, getting shitfaced and punchy, with a companion who also seems to be shitfaced and punchy....all when he's supposed to be over there doing an elite training session and rehabilitating his image.

Dont see why they would?
Was outside his normal training program.
They've paid him more than enough over the years ..
Was a personal promotional trip and not a club endorsed trip.

There was a media article that came out shortly after the incident which pointed out that clubs would normally pull strings and engage lawyers to protect their asset. But in DeGoey’s case, the club were so pissed off with him getting into trouble yet again, that they left him to fend for himself this time.

Back