Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we ruining a thread about our brightest hope in ages by bringing up Jared Petrenko ffs.

Also poorly coached. Especially early in his career, there was always an insistence to use him as an outside runner when his best footy was always inside.

Agree, he was our best contested inside mid back then by a mile, when games were on the line he'd be attending centre bounces. One of the senior players said that to me at the time as well, no one would beat him at training on the inside/clearances. The problem was we didn't have more players like him who could play inside and outside. Everyone else was pretty much your inside mids, harris, swallow, ziebell, then cunners, bastinac, ....was hopes for atley and harper back then too.

Careful these are the group of supporters that are easily offended?!
View attachment 1294556
Funny (not your post) but I don't remember the people who didn't like the idea of tanking going the sook. I thought the suggestion that if you didn't like it you must be naive or Brads Scotts' love child was pretty obnoxious but .. so are lots of things posted here. Maybe that's where the confusion is. Very happy to have JHF on board and hope he turns out to be the best player from this draft. Still don't like tanking.

Agree, he was our best contested inside mid back then by a mile, when games were on the line he'd be attending centre bounces. One of the senior players said that to me at the time as well, no one would beat him at training on the inside/clearances. The problem was we didn't have more players like him who could play inside and outside. Everyone else was pretty much your inside mids, harris, swallow, ziebell, then cunners, bastinac, ....was hopes for atley and harper back then too.

Yeah maybe poorly coached is a bit strong, especially given Dani was regularly trying to spin gold out of chaff. But there's no doubt if he started his career in this era where the role of a midfielder is more fluid, he'd have been a real explosive inside/outside jet.

I get that, but it just feels like missed opportunities to continue to draw more eyes to the club. Especially at this time of the year.

There was media saturation leading up to and just after the draft. Time to let the kid just be a footballer for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny (not your post) but I don't remember the people who didn't like the idea of tanking going the sook. I thought the suggestion that if you didn't like it you must be naive or Brads Scotts' love child was pretty obnoxious but .. so are lots of things posted here. Maybe that's where the confusion is. Very happy to have JHF on board and hope he turns out to be the best player from this draft. Still don't like tanking.
Yeah good post. I wonder if the tankers what us to do it again this year so we can get pick 1 again. I dont care who is available at pick 1 should never tank in my opinion. Its funny how Noble and all is crew are totally against it as well thank god. We draft who we draft and back ourselves in.

Tanking from about Round 18 > tanking for over half a season.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our boy appears to be settling in well. Couple sessions at the Albion in South Melbourne already under his belt. No chance he’s going back to Adelaide now.
Just dont tell adelaide fans.
I wanna see the meltdowns every time he comes up for contract.

The vast majority for those who didn’t want the team to tank were fine with winning the spoon, just suggested not aiming for it as the Dees previously did.

The team tried every game in 2021, and landed where they landed. Would be shocked if anyone had issue with that, even if JHF wasn’t on the table.

The stain of not giving 100% to winning is hard to shake off, not a good idea to build a habit of it.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tanking from about Round 18 > tanking for over half a season.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
We didn't finish the year well but I don't see evidence that we tanked. We didn't put half the team in for early surgery or play people out of position. From the bye to R18 we were a bottom 8 team. For the rest of the season were just the worst in it.

The vast majority for those who didn’t want the team to tank were fine with winning the spoon, just suggested not aiming for it as the Dees previously did.

The team tried every game in 2021, and landed where they landed. Would be shocked if anyone had issue with that, even if JHF wasn’t on the table.

The stain of not giving 100% to winning is hard to shake off, not a good idea to build a habit of it.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree and find it odd that someone should have to defend wanting their team to do their best. The post I replied to said the no-tanking supporters were fragile / immature, which is following up on oft repeated line from the time that no-tankers were naive and loved mediocrity. This is just crap and the people promoting it could do with a look in the mirror. It is possible to want your team to try and be excited your new recruits.

His lateral movement leaves (left) Simpkin’s for dead.

No disrespect to Jy who could track to have a very good career.

But Daniel Wells had the athletic gifts - high endurance AND high speed - plus great agility, plus top level skills, nouse and vision to be something else again.

If he had the hardened ambition of Chris Judd or Nathan Fyfe he'd have ended up a club legend. His 1st 2 years were in some ways his best, relative to his experience level at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back