7Cricket Vs Fox Cricket

Who has the better coverage?

• Total voters
Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
Why the hate for Warne?

I reckon he is elite to listen to. Knows cricket better than almost everyone else ive heard speak about it. Acknowledge he is a little lazy in his preparation in terms of analysis of shield / test cricket outside that of the big 3 but there are others who cover that and his ability to identify trends in game or weaknesses in technique are unparalleled by anyone not named Ponting.

I find seven really ordinary outside of Ponting but even for him its too much to carry when compared to the overall package on Fox.

Thats just bullshit, warne comes into each summer with pre conceived ideas of who deserves to be dropped and who deserves their spot he then ignores what actually happens in the matches in front of him so he can continue to push the blokes who he rates and hammer the ones he hates while his fellow commentators either cringe or try and change the subject or once in a while like with mark waugh actually call him out on his bullshit.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
It really depends which Warne you get. When he's in England commentating on Sky he is professional and his analysis is pretty good. When he is in Australia he cranks up the blokeiness and becomes a bit of a knob.
This as well, they obviously tend to reign in the rubbish aspects of his commentary over there and he is far better.

Thats just bullshit, warne comes into each summer with pre conceived ideas of who deserves to be dropped and who deserves their spot he then ignores what actually happens in the matches in front of him so he can continue to push the blokes who he rates and hammer the ones he hates while his fellow commentators either cringe or try and change the subject or once in a while like with mark waugh actually call him out on his bullshit.
So…he’s a BigFooty poster?

He's a pompous boob who uses his position to push agenda's, which are usually talking down or up players based on his real life interaction with them

He has one of if not the sharpest cricket minds on the planet. Id rather listen to him do that than your Gerard Whately types who do the same without the cricket knowledge

Does he actually?

Starc being dropped isn't a controversial opinion. Fairly commonly held. He got a wicket first ball but was otherwise fairly underwhelming in my opinion for the match

Warne of course has a wealth knowledge but he talks way, way too much sh*te and he has fantastically biased opinions on players.

He is very bullish on players who take the game forward at all costs or display the attitude that they will. But every commentators have their types they favour and those they don't.

He has rightly been critical of Starc, rightly been critical of the field placings and strategy of Lyon

Does he actually?

Starc being dropped isn't a controversial opinion. Fairly commonly held. He got a wicket first ball but was otherwise fairly underwhelming in my opinion for the match
When it comes to Starc, Warne sounded more like one of us bitching about our pet peeve than a man who's taken over 700 test wickets.

When it comes to Starc, Warne sounded more like one of us bitching about our pet peeve than a man who's taken over 700 test wickets.

I thought it was a fair call from him. The ball wasn't anything amazing and it was played horribly. Good on him for getting the wicket but it certainly wasn't Ryan Harris to Alastair Cook type delivery or even Starc removing Mccullum in the WC final

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
You must be watching someone else or you cant get over your Warne offended
You've got that backwards, I'm certain you're listening to someone else.

Warne is the epitome of great players don't always make great analysts.

He's crickets version of Magic Johnson except Magic isn't a twat.

I'm still a bit bewildered by Warne's graceless rant when Hobart got the last Ashes test, I mean too bad if you were happy to see an Ashes finally come to Tassie, instead you had to listen to Warne go on and on about how you can get more people into the MCG as if that's the be all and end all. Let's face it, it all came down to the fact that it was personally more convenient for him if it was in Melbourne and he didn't get his own way so had a big sook.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I'm still a bit bewildered by Warne's graceless rant when Hobart got the last Ashes test, I mean too bad if you were happy to see an Ashes finally come to Tassie, instead you had to listen to Warne go on and on about how you can get more people into the MCG as if that's the be all and end all. Let's face it, it all came down to the fact that it was personally more convenient for him if it was in Melbourne and he didn't get his own way so had a big sook.
A pink ball Test at the G would've been amazing but it had to be Tasmania.

5 Tests, 5 different grounds.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Sounds like offended. Maybe he was watching the stars game (given he played for them) and not the others
Philippe was in the same game, for the winning side. That's the whole problem with Warne a a commentator, he can't give praise where it's due when it is not one of his guys.

Blue Arrow

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
I hope channel 7 can get McGraths average correct when they bring up the all time wicket takers list again.
Twice I have seen those lazy idiots put up that he has the exact same 27 average as that dud Broad.
27, what as insult to a great.

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
I shift between the two, but I reckon 7 slightly edges Fox in terms of commentary.

Warne is seriously average as a commentator.

Used to think he was one of the best, but he’s plainly insufferable these days.

Can’t stand Kerry O’Keefe and never have.

Isa Guha is terrific on Fox. The ex players Fox have, aside from Warne, are all good.

7 don’t really have anyone bad now that Slater has gone.

I hate James Brayshaw as an AFL caller but he’s ok on the cricket.

Mel McLaughlin is an excellent host.

On the whole, Seven slightly better.

Back