DaRenegade

NRL > AFL
Dec 22, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Miami Heat
so voting opened today for the annual countdown, what's everyone voting for and who do we think is going to win it this year?

I will be attempting another prediction count at some stage and hopefully some of the other regulars will like thewitness

here are my votes, luckily I have a second email I can use later on incase I change my mind on some of them haha...

your-votes-grid.png

Strange that We Will Always Love You from The Avalanches is eligible. It‘ll be almost two years old (Feb 20, 2020) by the time the countdown comes by. It was eligible last year too.

Strange that We Will Always Love You from The Avalanches is eligible. It‘ll be almost two years old (Feb 20, 2020) by the time the countdown comes by. It was eligible last year too.
yeah that sounds weird, I also remember the premiere of that track on Triple J, feels like ages ago. Might be a manual submission by someone that will prove ineligible, or it is an eligible differentiated version or something? I doubt it'll make the 100 anyway.

yeah that sounds weird, I also remember the premiere of that track on Triple J, feels like ages ago. Might be a manual submission by someone that will prove ineligible, or it is an eligible differentiated version or something? I doubt it'll make the 100 anyway.

triple j are notorious for making their own exceptions when they want to for the countdowns, purposely not listing songs in the shortlists and excluding others altogether like Stifi, this year Rancid Eddie copped the cancel culture treatment when "Dry" was going to chart fairly well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the last 3-4 years there has been a huge shift and triple J are no longer an "alternative" station (basically around the time Double J came along), they're just another pop station trying to mask that by claiming they're "youth" :straining:

Honestly, since only listening to Double J and my Spotify discover weekly playlist (and other hardcore bands I know) - I know hardly any of this years crop

I'd just vote for every song in Turnstiles new album GLOW ON

Man this is an album...

I heard a lot of hype for it but didn't love it.

And Mystery sounds just like My Hero by Foo Fighters to me.

I heard a lot of hype for it but didn't love it.

And Mystery sounds just like My Hero by Foo Fighters to me.

Haha not sure how you get that comparison, but that’s music for ya. Everyone can have their own lane.

Seen them live 3 times, wish it was more. HC isn’t about hype, never has been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd just vote for every song in Turnstiles new album GLOW ON

Man this is an album...

I think it was probably the most consistently good album of the year, not my favourite album but almost every track was well above average.
You should just go and vote for all the songs.

I think it was probably the most consistently good album of the year, not my favourite album but almost every track was well above average.
You should just go and vote for all the songs.
Do you need 10 songs to fill a voting slip? I don't know 7 others!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back