Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lines 3 and 4 need to be shorter and not rhyming with lines 1, 2 and 5.

There was a young man called Bedendo,
The ball he could not apprehend-o...
Bevo said, “Dom,
Go home to your Mom,
And sharpen your skills with Nintendo.”

Not very good, but that’s the form of a limerick :$
To ensure that your limerick's neater
You must use anapestic trimeter
If the format in play
Is A-A-B-B-A
perro_loco could be a world-beater

Last edited:

Do we have any spots left on our list?

If not - we do have Bruce as a LTI? If so why wouldn’t we pick up Schlong as his replacement (not same position but gives us extra size) and if he works can move him to the list in the mid season draft - by then we are likely to have another LTI?

If not - we do have Bruce as a LTI? If so why wouldn’t we pick up Schlong as his replacement (not same position but gives us extra size) and if he works can move him to the list in the mid season draft - by then we are likely to have another LTI?
Carlton are desperate for a key defender and they haven’t picked him up. It may just be that he’s not good enough.

We have no spots free on the list

AFL considering having top up players for the season
Be interesting if they pool align them to our VFL team while Stand Alone clubs are open to everyone
They’re considering a player pool to be used league wide, how *ing ridiculous an idea.

We have list of 44, you should be forced to use any player of that 44 fit first and if still you can’t field a side (I’d say this is pretty unlikely) you can top up from your aligned seconds team. Simple

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’re considering a player pool to be used league wide, how f*n ridiculous an idea.

We have list of 44, you should be forced to use any player of that 44 fit first and if still you can’t field a side (I’d say this is pretty unlikely) you can top up from your aligned seconds team. Simple

You really should only be allowed to top up from your aligned club, it'll be absolutely bullshit if we lost a guy playing well for Footscray just because another club has an outbreak.

It’s going to be a complete shitshow unless they change the rules that you only isolate if you’re positive.
Why are we assuming this won’t be the case? Am sure the 4 hour rule will apply to footy clubs (unless they are housemates or Dunks/Adz).

You really should only be allowed to top up from your aligned club, it'll be absolutely bullshit if we lost a guy playing well for Footscray just because another club has an outbreak.
Yep, we do all this planning over years to have a strong Footscray list year on year, I'll be mighty p1ssed if one of them takes the field for another AFL team. I didn't see anyone (AFLW/AFL/other clubs) lining up to offer us AFLW top-ups the past 2 weeks.

Lmao I doubt this will actually come to fruition. They would only pull something like this if over half the league contracted Covid at the same time.

Puff piece but all signs pointing to a contract extension. I wouldn't be surprised if a contract offer is already in front of him, but Dunks can probably squeeze a few extra dollars if he starts off the season like he did last year.

Also Tim Watson is an idiot, Dunkley isn't out of contract again.

Puff piece but all signs pointing to a contract extension. I wouldn't be surprised if a contract offer is already in front of him, but Dunks can probably squeeze a few extra dollars if he starts off the season like he did last year.

Also Tim Watson is an idiot, Dunkley isn't out of contract again.

I agree Watson is an idiot, but at a guess, some other idiot would have written what was on his autocue! :)

Why not just increase list sizes back to pre-covid levels just for the year?

Tbh, I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to get an extra KPD or small forward in.
Just went searching for what happened during the Spanish flu epidemic for context (obviously the AFL has evolved significantly from what the VFL was post-WW1, but here's a few links (and excerpts) from what I found:

1643249187665.png

1643249225060.png

1643249261653.png

1643249299475.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back