Richmond Membership Tally 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood supporters 2018,2019,2020,2021 - "Richmonds membership numbers will all drop off once they dont win a couple of flags. Their supporters are bandwagoners."

Nek minut.....

Richmond memberships 2 Dec 2021 - 72,261 (+5,000 on this time last year).
Collingwood memberships 7 Dec 2021 - 45092. (>10000 down on the same time last year).

Tigers walk the talk, and Pies fans talk then walk.

Just goes to show how much we subconsciously respect Collingwood. We've basically got 30% more members but still compare ourselves, be use we know at their best, they also can be the biggest.

But we're the biggest and they've been rattled that we knocked them off their perch. Eddie alwsys boasted that Collingwood were the 'biggest club in Australian sport' - he stopped saying that in 2017 and its never been uttered again.

How great it is watching a Collingwood supporters son barrack for Richmond

You just see the pain in their eyes
Love it
We lost so much growth with 30 years of brand damage from being a s**t show.

The tiger, the colours, the name, the characters and the history are more appealing than any other club.

Keep our s**t together on field and always be a viable threat every 5 years, we'll always be No.1

We lost so much growth with 30 years of brand damage from being a sh*t show.

The tiger, the colours, the name, the characters and the history are more appealing than any other club.

Keep our sh*t together on field and always be a viable threat every 5 years, we'll always be No.1
think the fair weather supporters were always there tho. just not members of gamed-going barrackers.

We lost so much growth with 30 years of brand damage from being a sh*t show.

Keep our sh*t together on field and always be a viable threat every 5 years, we'll always be No.1
clearly we didn't lose that "growth" if we did we'd be NOWHERE near > 100,000 members

I don't know where this goes so I'm posting it here - the membership website is APPALLING. It takes forever to load (when it does load), and the design is so clunky - there's pages that look like they were literally made in Microsoft Frontpage circa 1998. Not sure whether Ticketmaster or the club are to blame but it's an embarrassment. Is this some retention strategy to make it impossible to actually do anything with your membership?
absolute trash. never been able to change my email to my new one. in fact it has given me two different account numbers for some reason after trying to do it. but either way it shows my old email in the settings. now when i try to do it i just get errors. and yeah it reminds me of the ol' dial-up internet days when logging in

Last time i spoke to someone at the club about this (several years ago to be fair), the issue was the AFL

their deal with Telstra gave them exclusive control of all club websites. there is brutal rigidity on how its managed. micro customization is allowed, but thats it. We are all on the same stupid template, and because it is poorly constructed its slow to load and laggy as *

also the content is managed by Telstra. The age old complaint is player stats are wrong (wrong numbers, wrong photo, wrong club), but the clubs dont upload this info. They send the info over to telstra, and they upload it. Unfortunately this system is very laggy, and human error at the telstra end is not uncommon

this is why clubs has run to facebook/youtube/insta. The AFL deal doesnt cover them, so they can manage their social more freely and in a way they want.

We need to get a wriggle on, the druggies have a five year plan, 125,000 members 5 flags, Yada Yada Yada
I think we'll be over 125,000 in 5 years anyway. We are currently looking at 110,000 as a possibility this year. Surpassing 125,000 within 5 years doesn't seem to be that big of a goal for us.

Last edited:
have a little fella due in June. He'll be signed up within hours of hitting earth side. My first born was signed up with a couple of hours. 9 years old and already a gold member
Same as me. Got a 13 year old who now is a 15 year member. I remember her being six months old and getting a membership card that said two year member.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My boy is due in 2 weeks already a member and already has a framed ,signed tom hafey, Royce hart jumper on the wall,richmond onside,jumper,t shirt and signed footy.he will be a Tiger for life,or he will head to the orphanage either one.

Youre doing God's work mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back