Review Ex Giants player watch

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
The one that got away ...

Dual All-Australian and Saints co-captain Jack Steele signs fresh five-year contract extension (afl.com.au)

It would be interesting to think how he'd fit in the current side - or alternatively, how we might have drafted differently had he not left.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
The one that got away ...

Dual All-Australian and Saints co-captain Jack Steele signs fresh five-year contract extension (afl.com.au)

It would be interesting to think how he'd fit in the current side - or alternatively, how we might have drafted differently had he not left.

Hurt at the time and every time I see him play, but I really can’t see who he would displace from the best 22.
Especially now with Green.
Glad he is doing great though, and I don’t mind the Saints.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS

GWS GIANTS

Matt Buntine (delisted) –
Casey Demons (VFL) and Caulfield Grammarians (VAFA)

Tom Hutchesson (delisted) – TBC

Shane Mumford (retired) – Ruck coach at GWS Giants (AFL)

Sam Reid (delisted) – Echuca (Goulburn Valley FL)

Nick Shipley (delisted) – TBC, but has been spotted working on his round-ball skills as he considers a code switch to football. Had previously been linked to a move to the VFL or SANFL.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Hmm, this is interesting. I expect there are some differing opinions about Jono. (I cannot read the article as it's behind a paywall.)

Patton.png

... and ...

Retired AFL star Jonathon Patton is kicking goals in the property game, helping clinch the sale of a luxury beachfront villa which sold under the hammer for a staggering $1.3m above the reserve price. The $4.51m sale of the four-bedroom Miami home came just weeks after the former Hawthorn forward switched to real estate following a ten-year sporting career plagued by injuries.

Patton moved to the Gold Coast in April after retiring from AFL to focus on his mental health. “I’ve got an uncle and aunty here who I’m close to, and I stayed with them for two months after the season ended,” he said. “When I retired at the start of the year, obviously I wanted to be happy and feel like I could be my best self and the Gold Coast was first on the list.”

The 28-year-old said his passion for real estate had grown since purchasing his first home in Melbourne aged 22, followed by an investment property in Sydney which he sold in 2020. Touching on his previous struggles, Patton said he aimed, “to find happiness again” as part of a thriving workplace.
“I wasn’t happy playing football for quite a while. I wanted a change of environment. “When you’re not exactly happy with what you’re doing, obviously that can take its toll.”

Big Stinky Monk

All Australian
Aug 26, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Hmm, this is interesting. I expect there are some differing opinions about Jono. (I cannot read the article as it's behind a paywall.)

View attachment 1314835

... and ...

Retired AFL star Jonathon Patton is kicking goals in the property game, helping clinch the sale of a luxury beachfront villa which sold under the hammer for a staggering $1.3m above the reserve price. The $4.51m sale of the four-bedroom Miami home came just weeks after the former Hawthorn forward switched to real estate following a ten-year sporting career plagued by injuries.

Patton moved to the Gold Coast in April after retiring from AFL to focus on his mental health. “I’ve got an uncle and aunty here who I’m close to, and I stayed with them for two months after the season ended,” he said. “When I retired at the start of the year, obviously I wanted to be happy and feel like I could be my best self and the Gold Coast was first on the list.”

The 28-year-old said his passion for real estate had grown since purchasing his first home in Melbourne aged 22, followed by an investment property in Sydney which he sold in 2020. Touching on his previous struggles, Patton said he aimed, “to find happiness again” as part of a thriving workplace.
“I wasn’t happy playing football for quite a while. I wanted a change of environment. “When you’re not exactly happy with what you’re doing, obviously that can take its toll.”

Maybe he's thinking the current real estate market applies to the player market as well where people will pay anything for any old fixer upper to be in the market.

Poor Jono and his wasted potential.

Devon Smith (Omitted)
I know he's struggled, but wow... For someone who signed a massive contract to be a first choice mid to being omitted... ouch.
Jeremy Finlayson (Omitted)
OTOH less surprising now that his team doesn't have a vested interest in playing him...

BarryAglett

7th Round Draft Pick
Sep 24, 2014
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
I know he's struggled, but wow... For someone who signed a massive contract to be a first choice mid to being omitted... ouch.

OTOH less surprising now that his team doesn't have a vested interest in playing him...
When Smith was a Giant, he always floated in and out of games, nothing really changed at the Bombers.

TOJ a bit the same. A good-average forward that plays on confidence. A handy 2nd or 3rd tall.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I wonder if Aidan Corr is enjoying his footy with North Melbourne?

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Jacob Townsend with 8 goals for Southport yesterday and also Tom Downie played for Williamstown

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
so that’s what Joel Patfull is doing with himself nowadays…

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS

A nice story about Matty Kennedy. A fluff piece for sure, but he seems a nice guy. Too bad he couldn't find his good form while at GWS, but realistically, he'd be another inside mid in our logjam of big inside mids.

A nice story about Matty Kennedy. A fluff piece for sure, but he seems a nice guy. Too bad he couldn't find his good form while at GWS, but realistically, he'd be another inside mid in our logjam of big inside mids.
In one of his early games for us he kicked a nice goal and I thought we had a beauty, but with us he struggled to get a run and was rightfully behind afew.

Glad he is doing well.

Back