AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell aka Farnsy

Remove this Banner Ad

From the video. It's the other hand, had surgery, should miss one week (same as last time I suppose).

Yeah so Dys injured his left thumb, which is actually the opposite side to when he played Geelong so he also had surgery on that one. So he's had surgery on his left thumb, had a plate put in there, and the main thing is to let that wound heal over the next week. He'll probably miss this week and be available for the following week.

Test for this week, just making sure he's comfortable to play with a broken thumb.
Captain Dyson Heppell is likely to return to Essendon’s best 22 for its clash with the Suns this week.

The 29-year-old missed Sunday's win over the Bulldogs after sustaining a fracture in his left thumb in the round 20 match against Sydney.

Head of high performance Sean Murphy said all signs pointed positively to a return after Heppell suffered the same injury in his right hand only a month ago, which only resulted in him missing a week.

“'Hepp' will just do what he did a couple of weeks ago after that Geelong game,” Murphy told Dons Digital’s Liberty Financial Performance Update.

“He’ll just integrate into some skills this week and make sure he’s comfortable with that fractured thumb and all things are looking pretty positive at the moment.

“He’s a test for this week but we expect things to go pretty smoothly.”

I just watched Hep on AFL 360. Poor bloke has played and lost 4 elimination finals. I reckon that along with what he went through with asada and being suspended and being the heart and soul of the club, no player deserves a win this weekend more than him
And qualified for a fifth shot at finals the year we got dumped and replaced with Carlton too. Been a s**t run through that period, so close and yet so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just watched Hep on AFL 360. Poor bloke has played and lost 4 elimination finals. I reckon that along with what he went through with asada and being suspended and being the heart and soul of the club, no player deserves a win this weekend more than him
Cale? I think he has lost 5.

AA anyone?

Better stats than Bailey Dale.

This might be an unpopular opinion but so be it. This was a good time to make Zach Merrett the captain and let Heppell focus on footy. Or perhaps have a Cummins-Smith style structure where Heppell supports Merrett and acts as captain if Merrett does not play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back