Welcome to the Bulldogs Sam Darcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam to follow in his Dad's and Grandfather's footsteps and win a premiership in his first season?

Luke played in a reverses premiership in his first season (1994 v Norf)
David played in a reserves premiership in his first season (1962 v Saints)

Footscray have won their last 18 H&A games so it's not out of the question.

Will Bevo do a Jamarra and make Darcy wait? Sam has the answer…
https://www.afl.com.au/news/689480/...7FU32VZwQD80ERMdwl2-8JY5OE2Ppywl3pwviLuir7UTU

"They've got a really strong list at the moment and it'd definitely be a tough side to crack into," he said.

"I'd have to put in a lot of work over the pre-season. I've played a lot of defence for Oakleigh this year and that's potentially a position I could play if there's no spot up forward."

Where do we see him playing? Ideally for us Sweet comes on and we’ve got the luxury of playing Timmy down forward and Darcy down back. Obviously a defender is one of our biggest needs and to have potential star quality there would be great. Imagine having a super athletic contested marking 205cm beast at either end of the ground?
With so much flexibility in the way that both can switch forward and back if things aren’t working out, plus the fact both are so athletic and we’re stacked with good smalls means we’re not top heavy.

There’s a swap for just about every game situation, Timmy on fire so you don’t want to move him to the ruck, Darcy can back up. Sweet getting smashed and we need more run in the game, sub him Tim into the ruck Darcy down forward etc

But then the other part of me wants Timmy to turn into the number one ruck we know he could be and us to put out one of the potentially greatest tall forward half set ups in history with peak Naughty/JUH the twin towers with English/Darcy the two mobile hybrid ruck/forwards chopping and changing. How the * does anyone stop that? It’d erase every bad memory we’ve ever had of not having a key forward at the dogs. Would need some improvement in our key defenders coming through, actually * it the ball won’t even go down there

Where do we see him playing? Ideally for us Sweet comes on and we’ve got the luxury of playing Timmy down forward and Darcy down back. Obviously a defender is one of our biggest needs and to have potential star quality there would be great. Imagine having a super athletic contested marking 205cm beast at either end of the ground?
With so much flexibility in the way that both can switch forward and back if things aren’t working out, plus the fact both are so athletic and we’re stacked with good smalls means we’re not top heavy.

There’s a swap for just about every game situation, Timmy on fire so you don’t want to move him to the ruck, Darcy can back up. Sweet getting smashed and we need more run in the game, sub him Tim into the ruck Darcy down forward etc

But then the other part of me wants Timmy to turn into the number one ruck we know he could be and us to put out one of the potentially greatest tall forward half set ups in history with peak Naughty/JUH the twin towers with English/Darcy the two mobile hybrid ruck/forwards chopping and changing. How the fu** does anyone stop that? It’d erase every bad memory we’ve ever had of not having a key forward at the dogs. Would need some improvement in our key defenders coming through, actually fu** it the ball won’t even go down there

It will be interesting to see how it pans out. Do we play English and Darcy at either end of the ground and play a full time ruck? Or do we split ruck duties between them?

I guess it really depends on how Darcy develops. He could be our main ruck in 3 years time. A 205cm defender is an odd thing. He'd be good for the King brothers.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out. Do we play English and Darcy at either end of the ground and play a full time ruck? Or do we split ruck duties between them?

I guess it really depends on how Darcy develops. He could be our main ruck in 3 years time. A 205cm defender is an odd thing. He'd be good for the King brothers.
Yeah at 205 and growing the club must be very tempted to develop him as a ruck fwd/ruck.

He'll get a game when he earns it, that's the Beveridge way. If the lad is anything like his father and grand father, he won't waste his talent chasing "influencers".

Yep , head down arse up young fella ,
draft position matters not one jot from here !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current tallest players in the competition (pre-draft, list is from zerohanger):

PLAYER HEIGHTS
211cm (6' 11")
Sam Alabakis, Mason Cox

209cm (6' 10")
Mate Colina, Jarrod Witts

208cm (6' 10")
Max Gawn, Ned Reeves

206cm (6' 9")
Rory Lobb, Sam Naismith, Braydon Preuss, Samson Ryan, Zac Smith

205cm (6' 9")
Darcy Cameron, Tim English, Oscar McInerney (Sam Darcy goes here)
We know that English is 207. He kept growing after getting drafted.

This will be the tallest Bulldogs team I can ever recall and it’s not even close. We will have 3 players well over 200cm tall (207, 205, 204) Martin just under (199) and then a few hovering around 197/198 (Bruce, JUH, Gardiner all 197, Keath I think is 198). I like this a lot. We now seem to have a dearth of smalls??????
Forgot to include Schache who is now listed at 201. 4 players over 2 metres and a handful just under. So glad we are not undersized anymore. Was a perennial issue.

Sam D. listed as a key defender on the WB Website.
And Tim O'Brien as a key forward. :huh:

Pretty sure that stuff on the club sites are made by afl.com. Which is why details like positions and sometimes even the photos are sometimes wrong. I wouldn't think too much about it.

Pretty sure that stuff on the club sites are made by afl.com. Which is why details like positions and sometimes even the photos are sometimes wrong. I wouldn't think too much about it.
No, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Darcy start his career in defence. He was brilliant for the Chargers as an intercept marking defender early in 2021.
The club loves players who can play at both ends and Darcy has shown that as a junior.
Think of Ben King without the straight line pace but with serious agility for a 205cm player.

I posted 'Go Sam' on facebook and they sent me a message saying that contravened their community guidelines. Am I safe to post this in here? What are they, freakin' GWS supporters? :oops:

I posted 'Go Sam' on facebook and they sent me a message saying that contravened their community guidelines. Am I safe to post this in here? What are they, freakin' GWS supporters? :oops:
It's reassuring that international social media businesses are taking consumer safety seriously at last.

You need to question them. I got whole series of messages like that for totally innocuous comments, every comment I posted earned that message. It almost amounted to a ban. They soon reversed it after my protest. Their algorithms aren’t perfect!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back